• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Klassik vs VX-6HD

Schaaf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2014
Fort Peck, MT
Anyone have first hand experience with the Klassik? The only Schmidt and Bender I’ve looked through was the PMII.

The Klassik is a great scope....Glass is superb & its as tough as nails!!

Only hit against it is that it's very limited in elevation and windage travel. You would probably have to mount on a flat (0 cant) style of base or directly onto rifle with flat direct mount rings (Talley, Hawkins etc...)

The Klassik is a great scope....Glass is superb & its as tough as nails!!

Only hit against it is that it's very limited in elevation and windage travel. You would probably have to mount on a flat (0 cant) style of base or directly onto rifle with flat direct mount rings (Talley, Hawkins etc...)
The BDC turret has 3.2 mils of adjustment, You think with a 0 moa rail, you'll still get that adjustment?

Jerry said it's got about 40 Moa internal adjustment. O moa rings should be good to stil get the full bdc turret.

0FFBCFFF-0B78-4CD3-B69B-109A705C45F2.jpeg
6D32CA03-9384-4561-BE56-4B8EF9C711A7.jpeg

Have a couple of them for hunting rifles. Great glass, the P3 reticle works great for hunting. Fixed parallax at 100m. As stated, the bdc dial has 3.2 mils but the P3 mildot gets you 5 mils on the reticle. Weighs just over 20 oz.

cow elk at 370, with my 7mm08 dialed up 1 mil and plugged her.

F855DF5B-F1A5-4199-8A88-60F851817EDF.jpeg

Anything about the klassik made in Hungary vs Germany? Glass different between the two? Really considering trying one out on a hunting rifle. Most of mine currently have the vx5 hd and a Leica magnus on one other.

Glass wise, yeah pretty much. Although I still think vx5 hd bang for buck is about as good as it gets. During low light etc the Leica just pulls away. However, where Leica looses me is their price for the illuminated reticles...seems a bit excessive. I also really like Leupold turrets but I know some don’t care for them.

Understood, I have a Meopta 6-24 ZD (or something like that from memory) and it is freaking awesome in the glass department. The turrets have good tactile clicks and move well. But! It is a transexual MOA/MIL set up, and they never made a zero stop and it drives me crazy.

My only Leupold is a 8-25 VX-III long range (or something like that) and it is FFP and MIL/MIL. Optically compared to the Meopta it is a Tasco 3-9 blister pack, but everything else about it is better.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
I really enjoy using the "Transexual MOA/MIL" line. I don't ever remember reading it from anyone else, but I doubt I invented it.