• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear KMW MK-1 bolts

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Can someone tell me if both of their KMW MK-1 bolts say HK USA and give the thread pitch on the bolt head?

My long bolt says it but the other does not.

I'm asking because I sent some parts into McMillan to have installed /inlet and they lost the screws for my IGW rail. They replaced those screws with ones that did not work, and I want to be sure they did not lose one of the bolts for my KMW DBM.

So according to the KMW site their DBM comes with HoloKrome bolts. If it's like just about every other action screw out there it'll be a 1/4-28 thread pitch that uses a 3/16th hex head.

To me it sounds like McMillan got some screws mixed up and tried to make due.

Reactions: Gil P.
So according to the KMW site their DBM comes with HoloKrome bolts. If it's like just about every other action screw out there it'll be a 1/4-28 thread pitch that uses a 3/16th hex head.

To me it sounds like McMillan got some screws mixed up and tried to make due.

I'm thinking the same. The bolt that says HK USA looks like it was cut to length, while the other one looks like a generic bolt.

I tried emailing Terry on Monday but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Can anyone who has a MK-1 bottom metal verify the bolts?

Terry got back to me today.

He said the bolts should be marked with the HK trademark. Well I learned my lesson, I'm not sending any hardware with my parts to McMillan.