• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KMW pod loc

Paulus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
iowa
Just wondering, how many of you guys are using this product on your bipod? I held out for a while, thinking in my clumsiness i would surely break the lever off if went ahead and did that upgrade.

A buddy got one for his bipod and I decided to do the same. I have to say, for the $30 i spent to get it from triad tactical, I should have done this sooner. This part took away a serious irritation in a wobbly hard to lock down bipod.

Anyone have any issues with breaking theres off? The part looks and feels pretty sturdy.

Paulus

Re: KMW pod loc

just about everyone that gets a swivel bipod gets one to put on it. It's a must have addition to the bipod.

I have a KMW podloc and i love it. Very well built. Not any issues yet of the handle breaking that ive experienced.

I broke one of my many, after several years of running it in multiple matches a year, plus normal range/practice use. I let Terry know it had broke and he had a new one in the mail to me same day.

If you have a harris bipod this is a must have piece of kit, and you wont beat the customer service and warranty Terry offers.

If you stow the lever in the up position close to the stock, they are not likely to break anytime soon.

Harris ought to get with KMW and just go ahead and ship all their bipods with the pod-loc and save everyone alot of hassle. If I couldnt get pod locs I wouldnt even use Harris bipods.

Yes, I will admit it. I wish I'd done this a lot sooner. Knight, you are right. If you unlock the bipod and then put it in the dragbag, it works just perfect.

You know, for $20, this was a great upgrade. Awesome to hear Terry gives such great customer service. Hats off to Triad Tactical too, it got here right quick, great customer service from them too.

Paulus

I don't have the KMW I have the alpha dog and it was about have the price of the kmw. Works great.

I just broke a "pod lock" that I have had for years.
Called Terry, he put one in the mail that day. Got it in 3 days.

I bet you won't get that kinda sevice, with the Alpha dog.
Or any other "copy"

You get a American made product, with top notch sevice.
I have 3 and would not buy a "copy" if they were $5./

Just my experience!

Sniper 2

Paulus,

Thank you for trying this kit. Regardless of where you purchased your Pod-Loc, KMW will be your direct point of contact should you have any issues, questions or failure.

You can visit this page Pod-Loc if you would like to review more info about your kit.

Also, thanks to you other rifle drivers that are using this kit. We do appreciate your trust in the product.

Stay safe,
Terry

Terry,

Thank you for the response. I'm impressed with the product, and really doubt I will have any issues with it. I'm sorry I didn't give it a try sooner. Next week will be buying another to install on my brother in laws rifle too.

Paulus

I think the idea of the polymer handle was so that you'd break the handle before you broke something else on the bipod.

Also, there was a post I read a few months ago that explained how the design of the KMW podlock didn't stress the threaded rod in screws onto. Knock-off's may do the same job for less, however after a lot of use it may break it.

Not sure if I remembered that correctly, but thats what I got from it. Now if I can find it again!

Great product though, the swivel is usefull less often that it is annoying for me, but it is still a great feature.

Terry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris ought to get with KMW and just go ahead and ship all their bipods with the pod-loc and save everyone alot of hassle. If I couldnt get pod locs I wouldnt even use Harris bipods. </div></div>

+1

A must have item!!! well worth the 25.00! Nicely made and took me less than 2 minutes to install... Works like a charm...