• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KMW Sentinel stock

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
Has the KMW Sentinel stock been released for purchase yet? Does anyone have a rifle build with one of these stocks? Anyone know KMW's phone number?

Re: KMW Sentinel stock

I have not had time to contact Terry yet. I was hoping in the mean time, that someone else would chime in on the availability.

Last time I emailed him (bout two months ago) he said that they were only offered for his sentinel builds. Said maybe down the road he will offer them as separate components but for now they are KMW exclusive. Dont bother trying McM directly either as they said that they only will sell them to Terry.

Not a matter of him being a dick or anything like that but he is still developing the design and working out the kinks not to mention hes making his own proprietary DBM for the stock.

Uh-Oh, Mr. Davis himself has spoken!
wink.gif

I do not mind if it is a proprietary stock exclusive for only his Sentinel builds. All I really wanted to know is if he is building rifles with his Sentinel stock yet? I am seriously thinking about having Terry build me a Sentinel rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so does this mean i can call mcmillan and order one for myself yet? </div></div>

+1 ???????????

Mr Davis,

I called Mcmillan in April to inquire about this stock for a build. At the time Terry had posted here that due to current workload he was not taking on additional builds so I went to the source and asked. A very nice lady answered the phone and said she wasnt familiar with that model and asked to put me on hold while she went to find out. She returned and told me sorry but that stock was exclusive to Terry.

A little over a month ago I asked Terry if he had plans to offer the stock by itself and he sid not at this time. I even metioned to him that I contacted McM to see about getting just the stock which is why I was asking him if I could get one since I was still assuming he was the only one who could get them.

If something here has changed sorry to put out bad info but that was what I had been able to find out. If this has changed be wary of what you say here because you may get swamped with orders LOL.

BTW I ended up with an A4 for the build instead so you got my business either way, regardless if I have mispoken I appologize but I did call and was told no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not mind if it is a proprietary stock exclusive for only his Sentinel builds. All I really wanted to know is if he is building rifles with his Sentinel stock yet? I am seriously thinking about having Terry build me a Sentinel rifle. </div></div>

I haven't talked to him in a while, but the last I heard was that he was trying to finish up his custom builds so he could concentrate on spec rifles like the Sentinel. I do know there are a number of rifles out with that stock. I will say that's a sweet feeling stock, it's the best feeling thumbhole stock I've handled.

Yes it is Terrys design, we just make the stock for him. So you have to order it through KMW.

Maybe he was offended that his first name was used as a vulger term

Maybe he is completely unframiliar with the conversation you had with sombody at McMillan ever selling them to anybody other than Mr. Cross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last time I emailed him (bout two months ago) he said that they were only offered for his sentinel builds. Said maybe down the road he will offer them as separate components but for now they are KMW exclusive. Dont bother trying McM directly either as they said that they only will sell them to Terry.

Not a matter of him being a dick or anything like that but he is still developing the design and working out the kinks not to mention hes making his own proprietary DBM for the stock. </div></div>

Ha ha Anchor your reading into this. Look at this post above. "Not a matter of him being a Dick" He is a Dick! Good one Dick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not mind if it is a proprietary stock exclusive for only his Sentinel builds. All I really wanted to know is if he is building rifles with his Sentinel stock yet? I am seriously thinking about having Terry build me a Sentinel rifle.</div></div>

Yes he is, below is a Remington build for an LE officer on Terry's Mcmillan design stock...usually it would use the Surgeon since that's what Terry likes but he said the LEO department needed a 700 so....This is a Hide members rifle keep in mind....

impkkj.jpg

Ok, ok, ok, so sometimes I pretend to take mild offence when someone uses my first name to indicate someone who is bull-headed, obstinate, obstructionist and ornery, but now that I think about it?????

338LM,

The stock designed for the SENTINEL rifles is doing very well. I have them on the street and so far feedback is very good. For the time being, all these are going into complete KMW rifles that I am already committed to build. The initial stock design included several features that are just now being brought up to speed, such as the dedicated bottom metal. The CAD and initial run of these bottoms were falling well behind the first runs of stocks so the ones already shipped have been built with Badger M5 bottoms.

While excellent hardware, the M5 was never meant to work with a stock like the SENTINEL. The new bottoms take advantage of the stock lines and bring a lot of innovation and improvement to the table. I am especially proud of the new magazine release design, the deep mag well and all the bevelled edges.

I was able to take the new bottom for a test drive at Tiger Valley last month and it runs very well. McMillan now has a sample of the hardware and is shipping the stocks with the corrected inlet to me. I am proud of how the stock is performing so far and really proud of the bottom assembly. It really brings the whole thing into the system that it was conceived to be.

Below is a link to one of the web pages that I am still editing and changing photos on. Best to go there if you want details rather than us blowing out Frank's bandwidth here.

http://www.kmwlrs.com/sentinel_combat_stock.htm

If everything goes as planned, I will be able to have some short action versions of this stock available for direct sale in a few months. Left hand versions will be available also. In the mean time, the initial runs will be dedicated to my spec guns planned for the near future. The Mk 2 folding version of this stock will be kick ass when it is complete. In the mean time, the next step is to get XL length bottoms done and then standard R700 Long Action.

I am not ready to start taking any orders or names for this item yet. I am still buried in several projects and commitments that have to have my total (and really limited) attention for now.

NOTE: Special THANKS to Mr. Richard Davis at McMillan for his assistance and guidance on getting the prototype ready for a mold and also Preston Pritchett and Perry Colby for getting the new bottom hardware run. The quality, dimensions and surface finish are superior.

Thanks again for the interest. I appreciate the input.

Terry

Thanks for the Update on the stock Terry. I'm standing by with Surgeon and Bartlein in one hand, and you know what in the other.

Looking forward to driving that stock.

In answer to a bunch of emails last night, the Mk 2 folder will be a while yet.

I am just now getting the prototype ready to go to McMillan so that it can be inspected and reviewed for any potential molding problems. Assuming that is good to go, a mold will have to be made and then after it has kicked out a couple of blanks, an inletting fixture will have to be made from scratch. This is where Dick Davis, Richard Davis and Dickie Davis (a set of genius triplets that roam the halls of McMillan) will orchestrate the manufacturing details of the inletted blanks.

Until I can get someone else to do it and do it correctly, I will probably be installing the hinge system and cheek piece hardware at KMW.

This stock and a couple of embedded parts is being worked on for a couple of specific projects. Accordingly, the first versions will be made for and tested through those two projects. As the stock goes through those mazes, any shortcomings or weaknesses will be discovered and addressed prior to moving forward.

Although I would like to have some of these stocks available by next week, it will likely be Summer before we have proven the concept, happy with the hardware and are ready to build rifles in general on them.

I hope this answers those questions.

Thanks again,
Terry

Thinking out loud here, would it be feasable to mold in an aluminum mating surface that would mate with flat bottom actions like the BO M2008?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking out loud here, would it be feasable to mold in an aluminum mating surface that would mate with flat bottom actions like the BO M2008? </div></div>

Like this?

beddingplate.jpg

LOL, yeah like that
grin.gif

OK last suggestion from the peanut gallery I promise. The addition of threaded inserts (mounting points) for pic rails in the rear for a monopod and up front for a pic mount bipod (Atlas, Rock Creek etc.) would put this into the catagory of perfect. Reason I suggest mounting points vice permanetly attaching is I dont think everybody is a fan of monopods and would not want to have an installed cheese grater back there if they are not going to use them.

I have to say the notion of this stock (as a folder)and a M-2008 is exciting.

I want my name down on the waiting list for the waiting list.

yes, another one here for the waiting list of waiting lists!(although I've already harrassed poor Terry by email about getting a 260 Rem build) Terry's rifles are just phenomenal. Really looking forward to the Sentinel.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garcia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where do I sign up for one of these bad boys!!!!! I'm all over this one! </div></div>

[email protected]

http://www.kmwlrs.com

I have a TC rifle and you WILL NO BE DISAPPOINTED

I would like to see alloy reinforcement molded in to strengthen the stock for use with the XL actions.

Hows things moving along Terry? How far off accepting orders are you on this awesome stock?!

Just last week he told me to call back in the spring, all stocks are going into his builds. He also indicated the price would be inline with an A5 with the same bells and whistles, ie flush cups and cheekpiece etc.

DAMN. If I could start all over again I would want a trust fund set up for me at birth. Instead, I sold my 70 Nova and left home at 17 with $500 in my pocket.

Almost forgot...Terry Cross and Preston Pritchett would be my neighbors...

Everytime I see an image of the Sentinel stock I come away wondering whether it's a shaped righthander or ambidextrous, and I don't mean what side the bolt is on. Someone must know this!

One-Eyed Jack,
The Sentinel stocks are ambidextrous (not a dedicated right or left handed stock) irrelevent of whether it has a left or right handed action in it.

Thanks, I really couldn't tell from the images posted as most are from the right side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blazher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just came across this thread now, Is there any more news? </div></div>

http://www.kmwlrs.com/Stocks%20for%20sale.htm

I've had mine for a while now, it's an awesome stock. It just fits right.

Lafayette,

The SENTINEL stocks are slowly ramping up to the point where I have been having some extras in stock after completing my committed builds. Only problem is that you are at the mercy of whatever colors and inlets I have on hand.

For over a year now, I have had procedures to efficiently enter specific orders for customers that want exact colors and inlet specs for their particular projects. Cost is the same as regular inventory stocks but must wait for the stock to cycle through McMillan and then to KMW for the final hardware installs. There are probably about 30 such stocks already delivered outside the US and a good many more inside.

The M.A.C.S. has not been sold except on complete rifles being delivered from KMW (about 25). I am not yet satisfied with all facets of that project and do not think it is ready to release for general consumption. I can tell you that I am happy with what is done so far but due to heavy committed projects, the M.A.C.S. is not getting much attention from me right now.

There will be updates posted on my site as it starts progressing again.

Thanks for your interest and have a safe week.
Terry

Thanks terry - i will call you again this week to discuss what you have in stock.