• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing KMW Terry Cross Adjustable Hardware

EOS

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2008
Wyoming
Was wondering what my chances are of getting an adjustable cheek hardware kit for an A5 from Terry? I understand the guy is hella busy, ive tried a couple PM's and havnt got any responses.

Any info?

Re: KMW Terry Cross Adjustable Hardware

give him a call. send him an email. he stays very busy but he will get back to you. he is a helluva guy.

Call him and leave a message that's probably the best way.

(318) 748-8732

JeffVN

Alex,

I was sent a link to your thread in the GunSmith section. I could not find any email traffic from you but stumbled into your PM from 10 days ago.

If your A5 was molded as an integral adjustable CP model and has no hardware installed, I can complete the installation with a LifeTime warranty on the hardware and labor.

If your A5 was molded with a solid comb, I will not cut the stock and would encourage you to not have it done at all. Much of the structural strength of the McMillan comes from the shell of the stock. Cutting that much of the comb body away may weaken the stock enough to cause a problem later. The Int Adj models come from a 2 piece mold and have full structural support through that area.

If your A5 has other hardware installed, you need to seriously consider what it will take to hack it out, refill the cavities and then machine the freshly filled areas for the hardware. When I install this hardware, I go to great lengths to make sure it does not come out easily. I am sure hardware installed by others would be equally well anchored prior to you having it cut out.

Also consider what old hardware holes and cuts you will have showing on the exterior that must be filled and blended because the KMW hardware does not need much as far as visible outer cuts.

If you want the hardware for someone else to install, the hardware can be purchased for $49.90 ea. plus UPS. I am currently waiting on the latest run of parts to come in from anodizing and could not ship for about 10 more days.

If you would like to place an order, email me direct at [email protected] or call at 318 748 8732. I do not get by very often to check PMs. I try to play secretary late in the evening and do a crappy job of trying to sort through legitimate email traffic sometimes. I apologize for not checking the PMs more often. Good luck with your project.

Thanks again for your interest.

Terry

Thanks for the info Terry!

Unfortunatly my stock has the full comb, ill have to go a different route with a Karsten or something.