• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Knife blade grind/profile question

RECKON SO

Minuteman
Jul 7, 2009
Cullman Alabama
I was checking out Striders website and saw how many different blade grinds and profiles there were "such as flat grind, 3/4 grind, drop point, spear point" Is one inherently better than another for everyday carry/poking/gouging/cutting and such as that?

Re: Knife blade grind/profile question

....it depends on how you hold your tongue in your jaw......

ask the woodman007 here on the Hide....i have seen him make some bitching blades....he can splain everything.....i think he is a guild member also....published and all-around-swell guy!

Drop point and spear point are going to be your 2 most useful. Drop point is the most commonly made blade pattern.

the grind refers to the shape of the cross section of the blade. Some include; hollow, flat, saber, double bevel and convex. The grind and point profile are independent although some combinations are of course better suited than others.

I like the hollow grind personally. It's easier for me to sharpen.

I like hollow grind and full flat grind. Full flat is great for slicing. Hollow grid is good for EDC as is stronger edge and easy to sharpen with a strop. Blade shapes are personal preferance.. I many designs.

Much obliged for the input. I think I use a knife as much for what it aint supposed to do than what it is, so I reckon Im gonna read alot more so Ill end up with one that will hold up. That website has alot good info and some really nice knives. Again I appreciate it.