• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knife vs gun

If you have not trained, you lost regardless of what the attacker has. You will never get past that WTF moment, and you will be the victim. period.

One MUST be fully aware of all normal noises within earshot as well as one's immediate forward and reverse to 30'. This is part of situational awareness. Your knife, or pistol can now respond in time, PROVIDED, you train to respond. You do not train, you are the victim.

^ +1 and then some

defensive tactics 1st, if you allow yourself to be that close to someone in a setting that will allow someone do bad things, your already f'd.

hearing, scanning and peripheral vision are wonderful tools to gain a few valuable fractions of a second or seconds to revert to a "plan" ...that is if you already planned ahead of time.

be kind, be courteous, you know the rest...

Instructive. Thanks for posting.

Knife vs gun

Hmmm.....

Some good verbal points in the original video, but I am not a fan of some of those tactics.

Fall down on your back?!! Not in a million years.

Who are those instructors?

Graham, most fights will go to the ground. While I question he reputation of the fighters, I acknowledge the effectiveness of fighting from your back. I worked for P.K. Keen for a while, and he seemed pretty impressed by the Gracie methodology. He told me that the brothers managed to take 15 of his Rangers in under 2 minutes. As for the whole idea of moving with a gun like that... It would definitely be a move of desperation.

Knife vs gun

I have nothing against fighting on your back. I have nothing against choosing to fight on your back if you are an accomplished BJJ practitioner. I do have a problem with falling down backwards as a response to a charging knife attack and with choosing to fight on your back against a knife.

The objective in that kind of a civilian gunfight is for only one of the parties to go to ground.

Last edited:
The Gracie system is very good for sport "fighting". There is a huge difference between sport "fighting", and truly fighting for your life. Similarly, there are techniques used in fighting for your life, that would not be allowed in sport "fighting". Fingers in the eyeballs is a good example.

I agree. Fighting from the backis not ideal. It is very effective, but not ideal. I couldn't watch the whole video. What they are showing is nowhere near ideal, and nowhere near easily reproducible. It has its place.... If you are 007.

Knife vs gun

I agree. Fighting from the backis not ideal. It is very effective, but not ideal. I couldn't watch the whole video. What they are showing is nowhere near ideal, and nowhere near easily reproducible. It has its place.... If you are 007.
I was underwhelmed.

I've been getting a kick out of watching this instructor zero's youtube videos. what a crock of shit he is. lol

Knife vs gun

If you have not seen the Dog Brothers you need to, if not just for the awe. Real deal knife and true fighting.
A hospital corpsman who 'got' some 'real Spec. Ops training'...

Hmmm.......

Last edited: