• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights Armament Bullet Flight App Question

rgrmike

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Alright guys I have the Knights Armament Bullet FLight App for my phone. I was plugging in some numbers for my 300WM. I have a 23" barrel and shooting 190gr SMK from Southwest Ammunition I estimate I'm getting around 2850 fps. My optic is a S&B 5-25. On the App, under options I've selected mRad display, and metric scope set up. When I set my range card the mRad numbers don't match up with the "clicks".

For example@ 500yds the app is giving me this info…. -49.8in drop, -2.8 mRad, 38 clicks.

@1000 yds -316.8in, -8.8mRad, 121 clicks

I was under the impression that the mRad and Clicks should match up. So -2.8 mRad would be 28 clicks. -8.8mRad would be 88 clicks.

What am I missing here? Thanks for the help fellas.

If I had to guess I'd say it seems like the settings for the software are set to display drop on MRAD, but it still has the scope adjustment set as MOA. In fact, that's exactly it.

8.8 MRAD equals 30.25 MOA, at 1/4MOA per click, that's 121 clicks. There should be a setting somewhere to fix that.

If I had to guess I'd say it seems like the settings for the software are set to display drop on MRAD, but it still has the scope adjustment set as MOA. In fact, that's exactly it.

8.8 MRAD equals 30.25 MOA, at 1/4MOA per click, that's 121 clicks. There should be a setting somewhere to fix that.

Ok thanks a lot. That makes sense!

Hey man. I relied heavily on my ATRAG PDA while in my sniper school. My partner, didnt have his PDA so one day, he downloaded the Knight Arm app and started feeding me calls and I missed everything. He took the same info from my pda and plugged it in exactly how it was in my PDA. It gave some very different numbers. I scolded him(haha) and told him to use my PDA(which we used for a week or so as well as used to true my gun with) and I was back in business. Bottom line, I don't trust it. We stared at it for a good amount of time. The only app that Ive downloaded that gave good numbers is the Applied Ballistics app. It was SPOT on.... Anyway, just a heads up man.