• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights armament SR 25 accuracy?

D Ranch

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2021
Oklahoma
So I bought a SR 25 APC, put a Nightforce ATACR 4x20-50mm on it. I can hit .5 to .6 moa all day long with FGMM 168gr and Lapua 185gr FMJ. However, every hunting round like Hornady Precision Hunter 185gr and Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr, the best I can get is 1.5 to 2 moa groups. Is that how these SR 25’s are, just accurate with target bullets?

So I bought a SR 25 APC, put a Nightforce ATACR 4x20-50mm on it. I can hit .5 to .6 moa all day long with FGMM 168gr and Lapua 185gr FMJ. However, every hunting round like Hornady Precision Hunter 185gr and Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr, the best I can get is 1.5 to 2 moa groups. Is that how these SR 25’s are, just accurate with target bullets?

Are the animals you shoot smaller than 2MOA?

Use "match" ammo for small groups, hunting ammo to be suitable to kill things.

Different uses for the bullet.

Now that said match ammo is used to kill things and can kill things.

Learn to reload if you want to maximize your accuracy. In my expereince the cut rifle SR25's were about as accurate as you are going to get from that platform and the CL ones hovered around .5-.75 with good match ammo. You just need to find a load that that gun likes or create one yourself.

I never had the best luck with Hornady hunting ammo in my AR (though a 223 wylde). The fort Scott spun brass wasn’t too bad as I recall as was the standard soft point federal.

Here we fucking go AGAIN!! Another .5 MOA all day long KAC Operator..

You're full of shit! Film yourself shooting a 6x5 and I'll send you a $100.00 MO.

I remember that thread. What a mess. Most these ACC guns shoot 1.2 or so with a good shooter and FGMM. APCs should be 1" or so. I've had some decent results and groups with factory FGMM 175s. Here is a string of 20 rounds all in a row with just changing how you load the bipod on a 16" ACC SR25. At Jack L from KACs class in Vegas last year. The 20 rounds were immediately followed by a 10 shot group of my normal loading of the bipod and how I shoot a gas gun. We were trying to see how the heat in these barrels affect accuracy and POI. So a total of 30 rounds in a few minutes. The bottom right of the 4 group pic was a reverse load and that was the worst and outside of an inch group. The top right was the tightest of them pretty much in the same hole. Best group I've ever shot with that rifle. Rounds 11-15. The second pic is the 10 shot group after the first 20. These guns shoot pretty dang well from what I personally experience but each one is different. 1.2" would be the normal for most guys with these ACC guns and .8 to 1 from APCs from what I've seen myself. Some better, some worse.

To the OP, I would just shoot what shoots best and call it a day. Assuming your hunting Yotes, pigs, whitetail maybe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-154313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-154313_Gallery.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 632
  • Screenshot_20220319-155446_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-155446_Gallery.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 663
  • Screenshot_20220319-154400_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-154400_Gallery.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:

You're full of shit! Film yourself shooting a 6x5 and I'll send you a $100.00 MO.
Wow, I guess I’m a better shot than I realized. I can keep a 5 shot group within 5/8” every time with the LaPua 185gr fmj. Hell, as far as what the other guy saying 1.25moa , why buy a $12k setup if you can’t beat that, I can do 1.5 moa with a fucking 30/30 Winchester. You guys need to learn to shoot better! If I get time and a calm day, I’ll post a video and you can pound sand, smart ass

Wow, I guess I’m a better shot than I realized. I can keep a 5 shot group within 5/8” every time with the LaPua 185gr fmj. Hell, as far as what the other guy saying 1.25moa , why buy a $12k setup if you can’t beat that, I can do 1.5 moa with a fucking 30/30 Winchester. You guys need to learn to shoot better! If I get time and a calm day, I’ll post a video and you can pound sand, smart ass

That's awesome if it holds them that tight! The APCs do shoot better then the ACCs for the most part.

I'm not sure what hunting bullets would do best in these guns. Trial and error until you find a combo that works. Sucks because of cost and availability of components and ammo these days trying to find the best combo.

Let us know what you end up with.

Lol I’ll throw in another $100 for a documented 6x5! 😆😂🤣

Look, forgive me but there generally 2 types of people the own/possess KAC rifles: those that use them for professional work and those that own them for status.*

Now with the unsolicited claim of sub-MOA all day long from your ACP, coupled with your inability to figure out why hunting ammo isn’t performing like match…well that tends to frame you squarely in one of those 2 groups.

Don’t get me wrong, I love me some gas guns but having taught precision rifle/sniper shit for the last 10 years, I can’t probably count on one hand the number of large-frame gas gun shooters that could deliver the goods like you’re are claiming.

It’s rare to the point I will literally pay to see it, lol!

*I said “generally” cause there are a small margin of folks that fall in between.

Here’s my Seekins SP10 w/ Proof barrel. FGMM brass x 1 firing w/ Varget and Juggs. Loaded on Hornady single stage with cheap Hornady scale. 6-7 SD’s on average 10 shot groups.
1.3 MOA gun/shooter combo. Fine out to 1000 all day long if I do my part. Hopefully I continue to improve my skills on this gasser. 0.682 if I want to post 5 shot groups but just don’t feel those are the best representation.
70EA0787-3451-44DF-AA0D-A3A8CAB3FA47.jpeg
6898FA5C-8901-4A5F-823A-F8DFFD74BC1E.jpeg

80C8FDEC-2E88-4D12-B837-1E78C79EDBA8.jpeg

From what I have read in the past by people like Gary Roberts, the good bonded ammo tends to be a lot less accurate than the match grade rounds. On the flip side, the match ammo tends to be inconsistent going through both barriers and the actual target, often acting as a fmj would. As with everything, it appears to be a tradeoff of what is more important.

Im not claiming to be some world class shooter, I’m talking about the gun and ammo. Im basically eliminating my shooting skills in shooting this gun by using four sandbags on a shooting table. Im just disappointed in the performance of this supposedly world class gun to shoot anything other than paper target bullets. I could care less about punching holes in paper, I grade my shooting and hunting ability on the antlers hanging on the wall. I could also care less about status to other people, Or being some professional sniper as you call them. God help them poor boys if they can’t shoot better than what you’re talking about.

Im not claiming to be some world class shooter, I’m talking about the gun and ammo. Im basically eliminating my shooting skills in shooting this gun by using four sandbags on a shooting table. Im just disappointed in the performance of this supposedly world class gun to shoot anything other than paper target bullets. I could care less about punching holes in paper, I grade my shooting and hunting ability on the antlers hanging on the wall. I could also care less about status to other people, Or being some professional sniper as you call them. God help them poor boys if they can’t shoot better than what you’re talking about.

KAC was always more about mil cosplay V performance.

Like getting a full-size HK vs a CZ

https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

You should count your blessings on getting that 1/2 MOA. Trey Knight himself said that the SR-25s are not meant to shoot great groups. That was never the intended purpose of the platform. My ECR (now M110 clone) shoots on avg 3/4 to 1 MOA, but is still plenty accurate out to 600yd (the furthest I have shot it).

I knew this post was going to fire you up man...if my crystal ball is not out of service, I am going to say that this challenge will go as the others have gone, or rather, not gone, so to speak.

Oh look another guy who can't shoot for shit. Maybe take a class or something.
If you're speaking about @bigjake83, you're dead fucking wrong. That's like some people coming on here and calling JP Rifles "untested game" guns, isn't it?

As @MNTC has observed, many claim they can shoot precision gas guns accurately, but in all of my time shooting precision gas, I have seen only two people who could truly shoot the system to it's potential.

Jake is one of those people.

If you're speaking about @bigjake83, you're dead fucking wrong. That's like some people coming on here and calling JP Rifles "untested game" guns, isn't it?

As @MNTC has observed, many claim they can shoot precision gas guns accurately, but in all of my time shooting precision gas, I have seen only two people who could truly shoot the system to it's potential.

I could care less what 2 jerkoffs on the net think or their ball hangers. Some random nobody doesn't even move the needle.

Most people can't shoot a gas gun. This is not some amazing secret or revelation. I have owned a bunch of SR-25's over the years, Trained with Jack L /Kevin B and most of the SMU trainers. The vast majority here are A shooting a CL SR25, B shooting factory ammo and C. do not know how to drive a semi. The last APR I had along with the early MK11 with a broughton barrel would hold right around 1/2 for a 5 shot group if I could get the seating depth and neck tension dialed in with bergers or older lapua pills. Sold my SR25's to get back into PRS and don't really miss them to be honest. They were a neat tool and a piece of history but interests change over time. Alot of guys had bad experiences with M110's which is not really representative of KAC commercial products. They were a dud but that is a whole different discussion.

RTC is at Blue Ridge next weekend BigJake, you should come out and show us all how to shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
So the 6x5 is six five shot groups at 100yds? Back to back with no major pause between groups? Bipod and rear bag?
Just curious really. I’ll give it a go on the Seekins to see how it will do on this 6x5 thing.

Guy, not much of what you’re saying makes any sense to me but maybe you can explain. You bought an APC for hunting…what exactly?

I mean you’re talk about antlers on your walls as a mark of you shooting prowess but I am have trouble placing any particular antlered game that a sand bagged semi-auto .308 is really going to be ideal or advantageous in taking. A purpose build bolt gun can totally keep pace with gasser in the context of precision applications and will do so in a lighter package, for less money. Gasser is only really coming into it’s own if you’re required to shoot on the move or some high capacity expenditure of fires.

Bottom line is the SR25 series was designed as a direct action sniper support platform. Anatomical targeting of human argets out to 600y/m at the rapid. It does this well. 1-1.5 MOA is surprising adequate for such as task. It was optimized for ammunition like FGMM which while originally a “paper puncher” has proved to have a great track record on “meat” 😅

…so no it’s not probably going to do its best work with hunting ammo. Most hunt ammo isn’t terribly consistent anyhow. And if you got talked into thinking the APC was going to be a world class hunting rifle for anything 4 legged (excluding hogs maybe) well I am sorry man you got duped. 😐

Guy, not much of what you’re saying makes any sense to me but maybe you can explain. You bought an APC for hunting…what exactly?

I mean you’re talk about antlers on your walls as a mark of you shooting prowess but I am have trouble placing any particular antlered game that a sand bagged semi-auto .308 is really going to be ideal or advantageous in taking. A purpose build bolt gun can totally keep pace with gasser in the context of precision applications and will do so in a lighter package, for less money. Gasser is only really coming into it’s own if you’re required to shoot on the move or some high capacity expenditure of fires.

Bottom line is the SR25 series was designed as a direct action sniper support platform. Anatomical targeting of human argets out to 600y/m at the rapid. It does this well. 1-1.5 MOA is surprising adequate for such as task. It was optimized for ammunition like FGMM which while originally a “paper puncher” has proved to have a great track record on “meat” 😅

…so no it’s not probably going to do its best work with hunting ammo. Most hunt ammo isn’t terribly consistent anyhow. And if you got talked into thinking the APC was going to be a world class hunting rifle for anything 4 legged (excluding hogs maybe) well I am sorry man you got duped. 😐
Frankly for shooting most of the freezer meat I have my 30-30 was more than enough, outside of some goat hunting in AK it’s paper plate at 100yrds shit.

But hey, it’s fun to bust out the toys and it kills the meat just the same. Hell I enjoy archery too and that’s way less practical outside of the early start on the season.

qualify 'tested'

The gun was bought for shooting wild hogs, along with a scar 20. Both rifles perform closely with each other. It’s hard to get many hits with a bolt gun. As far as the antlers on the wall comment, if you will read the comment you should see I am simply defending myself from the prick wanting to say if you’re not some professional hit man or some shit like that, your just wanting status or something. We just like to have fun on our ranch hunting, and enjoy good equipment. I don’t enjoy having my ass ripped by some dipshit who thinks he’s special, saying he’ll send me a 100 bucks to see me shoot. Not sure what his career is, but if a hundred bucks gets him excited he’s not too special

I've not really messed around with hunting rounds but regardless of what rifle you shooting, everything kind of likes a particular load. I would check out some other loads and see whats shakes out.

Frankly for shooting most of the freezer meat I have my 30-30 was more than enough, outside of some goat hunting in AK it’s paper plate at 100yrds shit.

But hey, it’s fun to bust out the toys and it kills the meat just the same. Hell I enjoy archery too and that’s way less practical outside of the early start on the season.

iu

These threads never get old and always bring out people who don't know what they don't know.

- To the guy wanting to pay me $100 to shoot 6 fucking groups with a large frame because he has some retarded hard on for accuracy from a semi; between the G3A3 ZF and a M110, I have enough actual hits with a semi auto up on the board to tell you to go suck a dick.

- To 'muh hunting rounds dont like my KAC therefore my KAC sucks' guy; stop shooting hunting rounds designed with max velocity and bullet design over exterior ballistics and thinking you're going to set world records. If you can't hit a fucking deer, or buffalo or chupacabra or whatever the fuck with a 1.5 MOA gun, I don't know what the tell you. I'm also a bit lost as to why you NEED large frames for hunting and seem to seek out semi autos for it; are you being attacked by herds of roving carnivorous deer or some shit?

- The 185g Juggernaut will solve a lot of peoples' problems.

- To the 'my (insert gun here) is just as good as a KAC because I can has small groups!'; do you want to know how I know that you have no fucking idea as to whats going on? Find me and I'll buy you a beer one day so I can explain to you how the world really works.

- You guys can cosplay these nuts.

I am totally a rank amateur here in this discussion but from what’s been posted on prices/values I should kick myself for passing on a new in box sr-25 that was left handed at a gun show 30 years ago for $1,000.

why? I already had a hk911 that shot MOA with 168 grain hand loads. did not really want a gas gun then.

stupid to not have bought it and put it in the closet in the box new.

Why do you let this type of shit bother you so much?

Who the fuck cares about group sizes at 100m (Way too many people on this website).

So the 6x5 is six five shot groups at 100yds? Back to back with no major pause between groups? Bipod and rear bag?
Just curious really. I’ll give it a go on the Seekins to see how it will do on this 6x5 thing.
6 groups of 5 rounds each on the same piece of paper. Shoot them how you normally do in one range session.

That means 30 rounds = $65.985
Plus tax
Plus shipping
Plus hazmat fee for shipping ammo (some places charge for it, some don't).

So roughly you'll be getting about $15 for your time and trouble getting to the range, setting up, possible range fees, targets, drive home, and cleaning your weapon.

Uh, no.
Not only no, but fuck no.

Did I miss anything ?

That means 30 rounds = $65.985
Plus tax
Plus shipping
Plus hazmat fee for shipping ammo (some places charge for it, some don't).

So roughly you'll be getting about $15 for your time and trouble getting to the range, setting up, possible range fees, targets, drive home, and cleaning your weapon.

Uh, no.
Not only no, but fuck no.

Did I miss anything ?
Sassy.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
So you expect hunting ammo to group like target ammo and target ammo to group like target ammo, am I understanding this correctly?

• Haha
Reactions: wildcats
Fuck a buncha arf.
I know of it, but that's about as close as I've gotten to it.

I just thought it would maybe be of interest in how precious that $100 bet would be.
Most people forget some of the details so I filled them in.

I used to run a hunting lodge and trust me there was never a second when 4 different bets weren't going on.
I'm in it to make money if I can, no reason to lose it.
AmIright ?

• Haha
So you expect hunting ammo to group like target ammo and target ammo to group like target ammo, am I understanding this correctly?
Not exactly. I expected the rifle to shoot quality hunting ammo better than a cheap ass Walmart gun though. There’s obviously no point in having one of these expensive (supposedly precision) rifles for other than shooting a piece of paper which I find lame as hell. These other guys commenting 1 to 1.25 moa is the best they can do with match ammo, that’s pathetic. I can hit 1.5 moa with a damn 30/30 Winchester.

• Haha