• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights Armament SR25 ECC 6x5 (.784 MOA)

flyfisherman246

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
I was never impressed with the M110's in the Corps, in fact I hated them. Took the 40 every chance it was appropriate. The m110 was so long, heavy and awkward and just never cared for it at all. Well for year for whatever reason Ive always wanted an SR25 ECC, not sure why. A buddy of mine offered a deal I couldn't pass up and figured if I ever wanted one, now was my chance. I already have an LMT MWS with bartlein barrels that I am very happy with for accuracy and consistency and that is my go to ar10 shooter. I figured I would just pick this up more as a collector item and play with it occasionally. I took it out and shot it with the factory flash hider and it was shooting like 3 moa. Not impressed but it made it easy to throw it in the safe and keep it as a collector. I rarely shoot any rife unsuppressed anymore, can't stand it. I modified a silencer ASR brake to fit the SR25 muzzle so I could add a can to it. Took it out to play with it and see what it was like shooting with a can on it and out of no where, it started shooting one hole groups!!! Shot it on a few more outings and was very impressed. I hear all the talk online on how SR25's suck and I remember the whole 6x5 challenge so I decided to try it to see what it would do. I normally wouldn't waste 30 rounds at 100 yard but was curios. So I went out and shot this today. I'm not at all saying KAC is the greatest, in fact it sucked without a suppressor on it. Just thought some of you might find these results interesting.
IMG_7674.JPG
Knights SR25 6x5 target.jpg

Not bad. Their heavier contoured barrel rifles will be more precised. Still would be nice to cherry pick the one that has the better test target haha.

Just by looking at some old threads, I think people start to talk crap since the KAC bois don't know when to stfu. Prolly cause they're trying to justify their cost, for the most part (before you ask, I own a few SR-25's).

Those 6x5 are all fun, but for me, it has to be with factory ammo when it comes to gas guns, since that's what the masses will typicslly use. Hand loads can make any rifle look good.

But good stuff. 3/4moa is more than enough for a gasser IMO.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Not about to waste 30 rounds of factory fgmm on a piece of paper at 100 yards. Not trying to prove anything with this sr25, but I have a feeling that 175 fgmm would shoot about the same. Just showing the results I got is all.

Not about to waste 30 rounds of factory fgmm on a piece of paper at 100 yards. Not trying to prove anything with this sr25, but I have a feeling that 175 fgmm would shoot about the same. Just showing the results I got is all.

Was there a test target with the rifle? Was the 3moa with your hand loads or factory ammo?

Seems guys are getting 3/4 with Factory Federal GMM in 168 or 175

I bought it used and I never got a test target. I shot 175 and 168 fgmm and a few different handloads and it was all over the place. It’s amazing what adding the can did.

Damn. The ECC is suppose to be the Holy Grail. Did you ever try to slap a MAMS on it or just went straight for the ASR Brake?

One of the more modern SR25 20” guns that came through a course shot a very impressive 1/2 MOA group at 1000yds, and that was after the barrel had been dimpled by an after-market shop who specializes in that.

Guy was shooting either 175 SMK or 178gr Hornady. I drove down to the targets to check out my Grendel's group. It was in one of my DM/Precision Rifle courses at North Springs range. I was impressed.

Sorry, didn’t mean to scratch anything out. It was 42.0 varget and a 175 smk at 2.800” oal.

Last edited:
Good Shootin OP, Nice to see the SR25 finally coming close to the accuracy of a PSA.. 😂

Sorry ...couldn't help myself, But seriously

This thread has just given me tapioca panty pudding and a second chance to piss off all the SR25 owners.

2JvHaP6.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FALex
Hell yeah @bigjake83 tear it up!!!

Lol... Thanks

But honestly brother that's good shooting, you hear people bitching complaining all the time about wasting ammo at 100 yd but I promise you if you learn the discipline to shoot a 6x5. That focus, discipline and repeatability that you'll learn from doing that will carry over to your long-range work as well.

Nice shooting, OP. The .75-1 MOA seems to be the expectation of the SR25, am I wrong in that? I know KAC's reputation precedes them, and I am a yuuuuuuge KAC fan, but when I think of a precision gasser, KAC is not what comes to mind...ever. I think some folks believe the 4k+ price tag confers .50 MOA, minimum, accuracy.

That being said, I guess I should get my LPR out and find out! LMAO!! Scopes. I need more scopes.

Reactions: bigjake83