• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

knights ff ras or daniel defense rail

benfur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2007
anywhere USA
What is the better of the two rails looking to buy ether Sr-25 ff ras or the
DD mk 18. Which one is lighter and which is stronger. Not sure which one I want for a lr-308 build

You would have to buy a 7.62/.308 compatible rail, obviously.
That said, they're both good rails. The problem is that the KAC URX 3 rail is expensive, and the barrel nut tool is expensive. DD includes their wrench for free. If you're talking about the URX 4 keymod rail, that may be different. I don't know since it's so new. It's very light, though.

What do you mean by better? They are both quality rails, but the URX will run much more plus the tool to install.

I doubt anyone has broken either of them, so not sure why you are asking which is stronger. As far as weight, feel free to go to both sites, and look up the weight.... that should be pretty self explainitory.

Geisselle has a 7.62 rail coming out, and that is where I would spend my money.

What is the better of the two rails looking to buy ether Sr-25 ff ras or the
DD mk 18. Which one is lighter and which is stronger. Not sure which one I want for a lr-308 build

DD does not make the Mk18 RIS II rail for the .308 AR platform...it is AR-15/small-frame ONLY. The only DD rails you can get for those purposes are the 7.62 Lite rails in 7", 9" and 12" models.

As for the SR-25 rails...while they will attach to the LR-308 without issue...they won't be the correct height to match the receiver height on any of the newer DPMS LR-308 receivers.

Personally...I'd figure out what specific features you want on your handguard/FF tube and then shop around accordingly. You will need a rail/handguard system build SPECIFICALLY for the DPMS LR-308 (you'll have to determine which specific receiver height you have as to which rails will match up properly and which will not in order to get your order in for the proper setup).

As CC said...the upcoming Geissele offering should be VERY nice if its in your price range (which if you are considering a ~$500 KAC rail...you'll be more than on)!! ;) There are tons of extremely high quality rail options out there from relatively inexpensive to the price of the KAC...let your specific wants/needs dictate which will serve you best and which you most prefer. Once you have an idea of what those specific wants/needs are...we can all probably point you in the right direction as to what will best fill those gaps.