• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights SR-25, MK11Mod0, M110 accuracy vs customl

Tflhnd1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2003
Sacto, Ca.
I've read from several posts, especially LL's first hand observations of the Knights Mk11's and M110's lack of accuracy after some time, Suppresor discussion excluded. I'm a fan of Knights and their products are nice, but overpriced in my opinion, 7k+ for a Mk11 and 14K+ for the M110 package. I am thinking of going with the Iron Ridge, (IRA), match upper lower when avail, and using Knights M110 buttstock, and URX foreend, and a good barrel, OBY, Bartlien. Would this build feasibly be as accurate/reliable, or hopefully quite a bit more? What would be the barrel of choice for OBY, Bartlien, Noveske, etc. Thanks for any comments. S/F Jeff.

Re: Knights SR-25, MK11Mod0, M110 accuracy vs customl

You can have an AR-10T built, that works, for less than half what Knights' asks for that piece o' shit.

fazfoi.jpg

hell you can even get armalites bid when the DOD put out the contract for the Mk11 and M110. The armalite super sass is a little better than the knight rifle. Check out my sig line

i like KAC alot, i have an preban SR-25 and a custom can for it, i also have an armalite SASS, and i would argue the accuracy of the SASS is very close if not better to that of the stoner. recently i have had issues with my stoner stove pipen when shooting suppressed, no prob with my armalite SASS when shooting suppressed, if you want to save yourself the time of a build and 4k less from the MK11, i would go for the armalite. i just may sell my stoner and work on a bolt gun build, not sure if i can bring myself to do it though.

Jeff,

FWIW...overall, I think you'll find the people who went with a custom build simply happier with the money they spent. Knight's materials are first rate, and their accuracy is great, but for the individual buyer it doesn't add up. The debate over quality/reliability will go on endlessly, but bottom line, you'll almost certainly be able to get a custom build that will be as accurate and as much/more reliable for that type of $$$ (and probably less).

Looking to build the same thing, any good gunsmiths to reccomend?

I have a GAP M40A3, Hide build by GAP, collecting parts for my M40A1, and I will only use GAP for my .30 AR. I don't know if this answers your question. Quality, service, and accuracy. S/F Jeff

George's shop is one of perhaps a dozen in the country that builds nail-driving 7.62 autoloaders.

Can't go wrong there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tflhnd1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a GAP M40A3, Hide build by GAP, collecting parts for my M40A1, and I will only use GAP for my .30 AR. I don't know if this answers your question. Quality, service, and accuracy. S/F Jeff </div></div>

I ordered a 7MM barreled action from GAP in march and was quoted 3-4 weeks. Today is July 26, I called last week and they couldn't give me a firm delivery time, said several weeks. Ordered a .308 barreled action a couple weeks after the 7mm.

I haven't handled a GAP in person yet, but I doubt I will be disappointed. I was thinking about going someone other than GAP since who knows when they will be doing .308 ARs again.

-dan