• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knowledge Bomb Edition: New Year

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

New Year, a new set of podcasts are starting to drop.

Plan on a regular schedule moving forward

Probably only an in joke for those here, but a meme of Gunny Hartman pointing at the level in your pic with the "what is that? what the fuck is that!?" lines from Full Metal Jacket.

What about a meme of a guy shooting a deer through a chain link fence. 😂
    As far as interviews, what about Tom Sarver owner of Thunder Valley Precision? Overall down to earth guy who builds fantastic rifles.

How about having Jim See on. I hear he’s putting something out as far as a three day shoot. I’d like to hear a bit about that, truly hoping it’s different than the NRL Hunter.

knowledge bomb? I didn't learn anything except that some organization (prs?) is still pissing you off, and you want memes.

Reactions: tnc
    Love the podcasts Frank, you have a good way of educating and keeping me interested with your topics even if it is just a rant. TikTok seems to be very popular and I could see you doing well with quick videos on there just refreshing fundamental techniques and explaining wind(shooting solutions) and or quick gear/training reviews.

As custom actions are getting more and more popular I'd like to hear an episode about actions. They are a foreign language to most purchasers.
    1. how does the action effect precision and consistency down range?
    2. does the footprint matter for precision? Recoil lug? size of port opening? integral scope rail?
    3. bolt throw differences. extractors, ejectors, feed style, other parts I don't even know about.
    address each of these and how they effect precision (if they do) or if they are just options. Address Reliability.
    4. where are actions going in the future and will pre-fits be the future for everyone?

Hey Frank, thanks for the podcast. I look forward to a more regular schedule.

Joel Russo would be an excellent interview. My next action will be a Zeus quick change.

As custom actions are getting more and more popular I'd like to hear an episode about actions. They are a foreign language to most purchasers.
    1. how does the action effect precision and consistency down range?
    2. does the footprint matter for precision? Recoil lug? size of port opening? integral scope rail?
    3. bolt throw differences. extractors, ejectors, feed style, other parts I don't even know about.
    address each of these and how they effect precision (if they do) or if they are just options. Address Reliability.
    4. where are actions going in the future and will pre-fits be the future for everyone?

1. Doesn't unless it's defective
    2. Nope
    3. Points of personal preference, mostly
    4. Yes

Most arguments for/against action design features are theoretical at best. Well-executed actions work-- it's a matter of which features tickle your fancy.

Reactions: BenW
    Got bored at halftime

Attachments

• ED5508CB-E670-4116-B42C-ECF84E6011F0.jpeg
      ED5508CB-E670-4116-B42C-ECF84E6011F0.jpeg
      270.6 KB · Views: 86
    Last edited:
    Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Not really a meme but something I have started sharing everywhere on Facebook when someone wants to argue Mil vs MOA or someone says "it's only 1/2" at 1000 yards"

They usually get pissed when I bring up a^2+b^2=c^2 or SOCHATOA and tell them to go ask a middle schooler how to do the math.

Attachments

• 20211027_162516.jpg
      20211027_162516.jpg
      147.7 KB · Views: 46
    I just listened to the Jan. 4th podcast, and since you said you'd take suggestions for interviews if have a specific person in mind, I'd love to hear you do an interview with Bobby Whittington and his group out at Badlands Tactical Training Facility. One of his instructors, Kent Gooch, was a lead instructor for the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit. They've also had some pretty accomplished marksmen come through their facility that they are regularly in touch with that would make for an interesting interview.

He is pond scum

Let's just say, for argument's sake he is extremely out of touch, if you want to learn 1978 doctrine, go see Bobby.

On a personal level, his particular ring of HELL with me is filled with only the worst this industry has to offer, I consider Bobby very unethical, especially for a cop.

He is pond scum

Let's just say, for argument's sake he is extremely out of touch, if you want to learn 1978 doctrine, go see Bobby.

On a personal level, his particular ring of HELL with me is filled with only the worst this industry has to offer, I consider Bobby very unethical, especially for a cop.
    Gotcha. Seems there's more there to be said, but this also seems like a terrible place to do it.

On that note, is there somewhere on the forum one can look at for more up-to-date training? (I'm sure there is, I just haven't found it yet.)

Tons of Up to date training

CR2 Shooting Solutions
    Modern Day Sniper
    Sniper's Hide / Alaska Precision Rifle Course

There are guys out there doing things right, who are in tune with all elements of the precision rifle community today, who get out of their bubble and try other things, who will work with each other and trade-off helping out.

Look at the Training Section and see who keeps coming around in the class listings as well look at the responses

He is pond scum

Can’t be worse than a 7yrd zero and how to use mil dots by kreiger tactics

Regarding guitars, I’ve been running a Les Paul Standard through an EVH 5150 2x12 combo for years. Was in a touring band for several years that did corporate events and that amp sounded amazing live even through the sound system. I had some other custom boutique amps and ended up selling them all.

I had a kick ass recording studio for a while too but sold all that gear to get into precision rifle.

Reactions: Lowlight