• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Known issues with Knights SR-25 EMC?

cms81586

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2005
AZ
I sold my HK-91 and have an AR to sell to put me where I need to be to purchase a Knights SR-25 EMC. I've looked into the FN SCAR-17s as well as the LMT MWS. I'm not into the cheap feel of the SCAR and the lack/price of mags. The LMT is a very nice looking rifle but I'm not looking for a precision rifle. The extra weight is a turn off and I don't need the quick change barrel feature. If they offered a rifle without this feature in the 8lbs range I'd be all over it. Weight is probably one of the biggest deciding factors. With that said...I can't really find anything I don't like about the EMC other than the price...and it's the price you pay for getting what you want I guess. Buy once, cry once. It's expensive but I can live with that if it does what I ask it to. Are there any reoccuring issues or known issues with this rifle I should be aware of before spending this much money? The only experience I have with them is handling them at gun shops. Fit and finish seems excellent but I'm a function over form type of person. I have no clue how they shoot/function other than what people have posted online. Reviews seem to be good on accuracy (under MOA) and I've only read about a few people having function issues...mostly with surplus ammo. I'm looking for reviews and opinions from people who own or have fired this rifle...not internet hearsay or "overpriced". Any help is appreciated because I'll likely make a purchase in the next 3-4 weeks.

Looking for imput on:

Reliability (what mags and ammo if you are having issues)

Accuracy (what optic as well for how your rifle shoots)

Repeatability of the front BUIS? (seems to wobble a bit front to back)

Any issues with the trigger? (Have past issues been worked out)

Any other opinions on the rifle as a whole. Do you feel like it was worth the coin after you have owned it for a while?

Resale? For those that have sold them used...did it hold it's value well and why did you sell if you don't mind saying.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a little apprehensive when it comes to spending around $5k on a rifle. I though I spent a lot when I purchased my TRG-22 and though I'd neve spend that much on a rifle again. Any feedback would help make this decision easier. Much thanks!

CMS

Re: Known issues with Knights SR-25 EMC?

Yeah I am looking at an EMC as well. Would like to hear the input. Right now I've narrowed it to EMC v OBR v REPR. Leaning on the two DI systems though.

"The LMT is a very nice looking rifle but I'm not looking for a precision rifle."

Not sure how the LMT is a precision rifle, it's a 308 carbine made to fulfill the same exact role as the rifle you're looking at.

Do you have money coming out your ass? If so, get the KAC and be happy with it. Otherwise get an LMT, POF or just build your own rifle.

If you look around here there are 2-3 threads about the LMT, they are all pretty long and I don't see a lot of complaints in them.

I've read through the threads on the MWS. Some people are not getting stellar accuracy and others comment on the perceived weight of the rifle and how it feels front heavy. Fluting or turning down the barrel might help a bit but that the expense of accuracy (turning it down to a lighter profile anyways). The EMC seems out of the box ready. I'm not made of money but I am selling a few firearms to make the purchase...whatever I decide to get.

CMS

I have the SR 25 EM. I put the exact same stock on it that the EMC has. I prefer the longer barrel. ZERO issues so far. Accuracy is well below MOA to 800. The KAC can works fine IMO. Total round count is now at 265. Mags are KAC.I prefer PMags in my AR's so do not know why I went the the KAC mags, but they are fine.
RTH

RTH,

Thanks for the info.

Keep it coming. Were issues with earlier SR's worked out in the EM series? Any reoccuring problems that still happen even with the upgrades to the EM?

CMS

When running a can at a high firing schedule the bolt catch should be replaced about 8k.

SOPMOD stock is not condusive to prone shooting, and is best replaced with the Magpul ACS stock *(you can often sell the SOPMOD to break even on the ACS).

We ran 127-185gr bullets thru these in the development.
Generally advised ammo is M118LR or BlackHills 175gr ammo, Fed GM2 175gr.
M80 ball will work fine just not ideal for accuracy.
However we make no gurantees on other countries surplus ammo.

Polymer tipped bullets generally do not do well, the trip often breaks off, which does not affect accurayc but can get into the trigger mech, or into the bbl extension and create stoppages.

I run my personal EMC with PMAG-LR's - a few gave me issues, but I ditched those and the 30 or so I have run fine, I also have some KAC mags, but frankly, when you look at the price, I understand why individuals look to cheaper mag options.

Kevin,

Appreciate it from the horses mouth. Quick question...when it comes time for a barrel replacement... what would I be looking at cost wise? I'm not familiar with the barrel nut system on the SR-25's...so it would go back to the factory in my case. Thanks,

Chris

Kevin,

Another question for you... is there a dealer that sells spare parts for these rifles or would I just have to call and order straight from Knights? I didn't see anything on your online store for the rifle. Do you have a price list for all parts? I'd like to purchase a spare bolt and some other misc spare parts a little later as well.

CMS

There is a pretty good thread going over on M4carbine about the SR-25 EWC. From what everyone is saying I'd say I'm more than interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We generally don't sell "spare" parts, however we do service what we sell.

I will get costing on the barrel replacment and get back to you. </div></div>

How about bolts/gas rings/bolt catches/extractors? Being able to get wear parts is pretty important to me.

Also, checking out M4Carbine.net now.

Thanks,

CMS

We sell those in the form of the SR-25/Mk11 Field Repair Kit.
Bolt Rings, Ejector, Extractor, Springs.

The bolt will last the life of the barrel - we sell bolts match to barrels for repair services (in house).

Sounds good Kevin. If you don't mind...when you get a chance can you email me with the price of the field repair kit? Thanks!

CMS

Were the same improvements made to the LMT MWS lower as the EMC so that if I stumbled across a MWS upper in the future it's as simple as dropping it onto the EMC lower?

CMS

Once again thanks Kevin.

Yes, it has one MAJOR issue...Its a TOTAL KICK ASS PLATFORM!!!! If you have the coin than go for it!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RTH,

Thanks for the info.

Keep it coming. Were issues with earlier SR's worked out in the EM series? Any reoccuring problems that still happen even with the upgrades to the EM?

CMS </div></div>
??????