• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KNS Precision Anti-RotaRotating Trigger/Hammer Pin

SHO~BIZ308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2011
USA
I notice there is alot of guys with these anti rotating pins on there guns,Im thinking about getting a set of the KNS Gen 2 Mod 2. My QU is are these pins worth the investment I read where one guy said they did not snug the lower and would move back and forth,what are u guys opion?
Im also looking at the PHASE 5 Extended Bolt Release v2/308 (EBRv2/308,I was worried if the bolt release would hit the KNS Anti-RotaRotating pins when used PLEASE HELP. Thank You for your help and if any one have this set up on there BLACK GUN please post a pic,Also chime in on if i should take another rout all together.
http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/308-dpms-type/extended-bolt-release-v2308-ebrv2308

Re: KNS Precision Anti-RotaRotating Trigger/Hammer Pin

I've had THE PINS before. Some TRIGGER MANUFACTURERS advise against their use. Frankly, you have to do A LOT OF SHOOTING to hog out the holes on a lower. No clue about THE OTHER PART.

I cant comment on the Phase 5 fitting with the KNS, but the anti rotating pins are generally a good upgrade if your pins "walk" in the lower. If they are tight and don't move excessively I wouldn't worry about it. I have a set on a POF rifle with the POF trigger, they are required because the pins are not held in place by the trigger spring, they fall right out the side of the receiver.

Kirk R

If your trigger is properly installed, you don't need them. With that said, they don't hurt anything. I have used them on modified triggers where potential movement would create an unsafe situation. Geissele doesn't recommend them and makes a strong argument why their pins are better.

No interference issues

6052069894_b338346877_z.jpg

The KNS pins are anti rotation and have a side effect of anti walk.

There are lowers that have FCG pins that well have some movement, this is when the KNS pins really shine. They well actually improve trigger feel. If your lower has tight FCG pins you well not see much of anything other than the pins well not rotate and that well stop wear in the pin holes. It takes years for the FCG pin holes to wear.

If you shoot suppressed I would advise you to pick up a set... peace of mind for $30.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I love the way those MEGA rifles look!</div></div>

Seconded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I love the way those MEGA rifles look!</div></div> Very nice set up KillShot I'm thinking about lighten my LRT SASS up I bet if I had a brrl like yours and Rail that may b a good start.
O YEH I notice your pins were a diff type,Is one better than the other.
dam thanks for that sweet ass link I love pimped out acc.

Ive got thousands and thousands of rounds thru several ARs (personal and agency owned) none of them had the pins come loose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got thousands and thousands of rounds thru several ARs (personal and agency owned) none of them had the pins come loose. </div></div>

Are you seeing any wear in the hammer pin holes on the lowers?

KNS Anti Rotation Pins are essential in a POF if you are going to really work them.
I have and I found out the hard way that they are essential.
As stated above, they are cheap insurance vs. no trigger pin, in the field!
No interference with MagPul bolt release, either.

Thank you guys so much for the feed back,I have been doing a little research on the pins and I came across a set of JPS{http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.5_aw.php} are they ok or not and I also read they come in a couple diff sizes{ .156/.172 }Im not sure w/ size fits I also spoke with JP and they was telling me I should purchase there Rydol Boron Nitride sear/hammer grease also.HUH?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you shoot suppressed I would advise you to pick up a set... peace of mind for $30. </div></div>

..or full auto.

I am not sure there necessary, but I like them!

I've got them in my SBR lower only as insurance since it's registered with the ATF. Probably not needed but it's only $30 and I can sleep easy.

Had a trigger pin back out in a match. Since then I'll never be without.

I have been in the class 3 for a long time and know some old school guys who have shot 100s of thousands of rounds through thier M16s without issues. I think the pins are ok but not needed. Maybe the issues some are having are due to the various manufactures making parts that are not to spec.