• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Knurling Existing Thread Protectors???

Re: Knurling Existing Thread Protectors???

Try Mike Klos . I think this is his website . It might be cheaper to buy one already made . I'm not sure if they knurl the piece before boring and threading ?
http://amermfg.com/

I would ask the people who threaded barrel and put protector on to do it.....instead of knurling I put 1 small hole on the bottom of protector...take it off with an aluminum wrench with a dowel pin.looks alot cleaner.....
bill larson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would ask the people who threaded barrel and put protector on to do it.....instead of knurling I put 1 small hole on the bottom of protector...take it off with an aluminum wrench with a dowel pin.looks alot cleaner.....
bill larson</div></div>

Unfortunately, the guy who threaded it wasn't able to knurl it...

I sent an email to Mark Gordon @ SAC to see if he could do it.

How tight do you guys need this? None of mine are knurled or drilled for a tool.
I just spin it on and off by hand and have never had any issues.