• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus M30 4.5-16 x 44 scope

wilsoncs3980

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2008
Dayton, Ohio,
I just got a konus scope for my AR-15 and thought I'd post what I think about it. In my opinion you'd be hard pressed to find a better scope for under 300.00. It's got really good glass for this price range. It’s as good as nikon glass in my opinion. Build quality seems to be good. The adjustment knobs have nice audible clicks; focus knob is tight but smooth. I love the blue illuminated mil-dot reticle. I have it mounted but haven't been to the range yet. I'm going to work up some loads this weekend and test it out. This is going to be my new coyote hunting gun. I'm no expert on optics so don't expect a write up like some of the optics guru's on here write up. I'm amazed how much I learn from you guys. I'm always seeing posts about a good budget scopes on here so I thought I'd share my experience. By the way optics planet has some demo models on sale for 249.99, free shipping. My buddy bought one for his AR-15 also; it looked just like a brand new one. I'll post a couple pics of my set-up if I can fiqure out how.

[img:left]http://picasaweb.google.com/wilsoncs3980/GunsStuff#5375531794847602946[/img]

Re: Konus M30 4.5-16 x 44 scope

when you figure on how to post pictures......show us what i nice door stop the scope is..............

Why would you call it a door stopper? It is what it is. Its a good scope for that price range. I don't need a 1500.00 dollar scope for a 600yd gun. It tracks good and holds its zero. The glass is awesome for 300.00. Whats your problem with it?

I have one of the cheaper 1" tube ones and the glass was clearer than any leupold
in the store. It isn't built square though so the reticle is cranked way rt when opticaly
centered. It's on a 22 rt now, but I used it as a fill in on the ar10t while the USO was
being fixed. With an over the counter lifetime warranty I feel they are a good value.