• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus Pro M30 - Good or bad?

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
I'm in the market for a decent, working scope for my LTR. The Millet I have on it no longer tracks properly and I'm not the original owner. Added to that it has about 6 differnt coatings of Krylon on it so I'm sure that will void any warranty it 'might' have had. Anyways back on topic. Saw these Konus Pro M30s today at the shop, one is 4-16x44 and one is 6.5-24x44 or 50 can't remember which. The glass is nice and clear, much better than the Millet on the LTR and on par with the Leupold I have on my M40.

Basically wondering how well these scopes preform, whats the CS like, How well do the 1/8th MOA knobs track/lock/reset etc...

I will be using this scope to shoot from 100-1000 yards with a variety of handloads, it will also see time in the brush while out hunting so reliabilty is a must. I would just put an NXS on it but that's going to go on the M40 when my other toys sell off.

Re: Konus Pro M30 - Good or bad?

Anyone have word on either this scope or the company. Found very little with searching both the site and google. What I have read has been good but the standards from the people tend to not only be more in line with my own but higher as well. Thanks.

Yeah I'd be interested in hearing people's experience with Konus as well. They do have a pretty fancy website. All the reviews on Optics Planet seemed pretty positive.

I have not really looked at Konus scopes before, but perhaps this is a good time. They sent me an e-mail recently (SHOT follow-up) about testing some of their stuff.

Tell me which particular model you are most interested in and I will ask them to send me a loaner. I'll run it side by side with some other stuff in the same price range and let you know how it holds up.

ILya

i know of one that was on a 50 till he saved up for
USO.........

The one I'd most likely pick up would be the Konus Pro M30 4-16x44mm with the mil-dot reticle. It's model 7280 on their website.

Whats the worst that can happen? Actually I'd be interested to see what the worst someone could do to that scope... If anything I'll have to pick one up and see how it goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent them an e-mail. Now they have to decide if they are willing to risk sending me a scope.

ILya </div></div>

They will probably send one out to you. I've spoken with their marketing rep and they're sending one or two scopes out to snipercentral for testing as well.

I have one, I've been really happy with the glass so far. The customer service is excellent. I had a goofy one where the internal bubble level was juuuust slightly off. Not enough for anyone to make a stink about, but I'm pretty anal. Anyway, called them up, they picked up the tab sent ups to my house to pick the scope up and sent a brand new one out to me that day. Warranty is lifetime replacement if anything happens to it.

New one arrived and I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't had it for very long to do any real testing but the reviews I've read seemed solid.

Reactions: st748