• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus vs Falcon

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I looked through a Konus the other day at a gun show. The glass was quite nice. I think the model was something with the number 40 in it 4x16 power. It had target knobs illuminated redical and all the goodies. I hear a lot of positive about faclon menace, but i havent even looked through one. how do they stack up against each other?

Re: Konus vs Falcon

falcon wins. both are OK for good low-price gear, but the falcon has better features (1/4 moa clicks, etc.).

I'd hold off if you're gonna buy one, falcon has new models and new knobs comming out this year...

I really like the Konus glass for a low end scope. They also have some nice M30 stuff. I have no information on the Falcon!

I dislike the 1/8min clicks but on a flat gun like a 22-250 I never touch them. On a 308 I dial them like a mad man and would hate the 1/8 min clicks.

The Knous M30 scopes are SFP with 1/8" clicks. The glass is very surprisingly clear. They probably have nicer glass than the Falcon scopes. I know the M30 glass is step above the Millett TRS-1 glass. They need to design a scope in the FFP or SFP with 1/4" and or Mil clicks with a 50mm odjective then they would be a contender. Also get rid of the locking turret feature or at least redesign it and lose the internal bubble level. The bubble level is not needed and it restrict some of the field of view.

GC

the knous do have very nice glass, especially for the price. But until you put them physically next to a falcon and examine them both, i'd be leary to say its glass is better. Falcon glass is outstanding, well above their price bracket.

I have had some range time to play with my new model mil/mil falcon 5-25x56 and let me tell you, it is worlds above the 3.5-18 I had, and it was pretty good. I don't regret the upgrade in the least. The new grub-screw knobs brought this scope into the realm of serious competitor with other tactical scopes, IMHO. The knobs on mine are more than soild, no more squishy crap. Glass is outstanding. Downside? its huge and heavy. But so are many other tactical rigs. Besides, the rifle weighs 12lbs so its not like it matters anyway now.