• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Koozie cheek pad

Whiplash6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
As the title says I used a standard koozie and 8 of my wife's pony tail holders I came up with this.

Steps:
1) Cut the bottom out on the Koozie
2) Find proper placement on the stock
3) Use a standard nail to puncture one hole in each of the four corners and two in the center.
4) Thread the pony tail holders through the holes previously made in step three and tie a knot to secure. Note Depending on how wide your stock is you might have to pre attach 2-3 holders together before threading though the holes.
5) Once finished you are able to remove and apply as needed.

Due to my my bone structure I did not need much rise so I only used one koozie but you are able to used more than one if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1167.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1167.PNG.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101
And you weren't lynched for using that many ponytail holders? Those are like gold at my house between wife and 2 daughters!!! Glad you survived!!!

Cool idea by the way!!!

I hear you, and nice improvising. Myself, for the same task, I used water-pipe foam insulation and adhesive velcro. I stuck the 'loop' patch on the stock, and stuck the 'hook' patch on the inside of the foam. Works perfect for me, and is easily removable for whatever needs may be.

I hear you, and nice improvising. Myself, for the same task, I used water-pipe foam insulation and adhesive velcro. I stuck the 'loop' patch on the stock, and stuck the 'hook' patch on the inside of the foam. Works perfect for me, and is easily removable for whatever needs may be.

I always end buying an stock with comb riser because of my face anatomy but until the stock arrives that's exactly what I do, no more no less and it functions perfectly. I've never heard of someone doing it the same way with the velcro attached to the stock and foam.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Having used koozies and coban tape many of times before, I approve this method.

Yours looks clean too.

For my .338, I needed something that would keep the heat down and slickness from sweat during Florida days. I used a piece from a used 1/8" mouse pad and glued it on using contact adhesive. Works great and I regularly get people asking where I got it.