• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Korean Dramas

Ichi

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2022
Texas
Curious if anyone watches the Korean Dramas that can be found on services like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Viki.

A few years back I was bored with what Netflix offered in the English language and took a chance on watching Mr Sunshine.

It takes place in Korea prior to and after the Spanish American War. The main character is a Korean boy who was born into slavery and escapes to the US. He returns to Korea as a Captan in the US Marine Corps, at a time Japan's control over Korea was increasing.

One of the interesting things about many Korean dramas are the soundtracks that they produce for each drama. Some of the soundtracks are very good. Below is a music video of one of the songs, which can also serve as a good preview for the drama.

If you have time and can tolerate subtitles, you should consider watching Mr Sunshine.

Reactions: Familydude
My wife watches some on Hulu, I didn't know there were some on Netflix...will have to tell her. She used to rent Korean dramas from a local store back in the olden days...would bring home bags of VHS tapes. She's originally Korean, so it's kind of normal for our family.

Reactions: Ichi