• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

korean (KCI) ar mags

Years ago I had some of the Korean ones that were copies of the HK maritime magazines. Construction was fine, but feeding was spotty. I replaced the springs and followers (Magpul) and then they worked great.

With that said, for all the good magazines on the market in plentiful supply and at cheap prices... I sure wouldn’t go seek out and buy the KCI ones.

Years ago I had some of the Korean ones that were copies of the HK maritime magazines. Construction was fine, but feeding was spotty. I replaced the springs and followers (Magpul) and then they worked great.

With that said, for all the good magazines on the market in plentiful supply and at cheap prices... I sure wouldn’t go seek out and buy the KCI ones.
Yep, I bought 20 of the 30 rounders years ago. Great bodies, great followers, springs suck.

USGI mags can be found for 6-8 dollars and PMAGs as low as $8. Why bother with anything else?

USGI mags can be found for 6-8 dollars and PMAGs as low as $8. Why bother with anything else?
When these were brought in about a decade ago, Us mags were $12+ and these were $4 a piece.

Nothing but problems with the KCI glock mags I tried. I don't have any direct experience with their AR mags but I haven't heard good things.

As others said, good mags are so cheap these days why bother? Just buy Magpul if you're looking for a value, you can get them for $8 or less a piece. I personally prefer metal mags or at least metal feed lips because the polymer will stretch over time despite what anyone tells you. For 556 I like the Bravo Company mags with Magpul followers for 30's and either Brownells or Lancer for 20's.

There are other metal mags like C products, ASC, and OKAY but IMO the BCM, Brownells, and Lancer mags are higher quality. The finish (especially BCM) is fantastic and there's never any burrs or sharp edges on the lips which makes them feed buttery smooth.

Aluminum will stretch. Polymer will break.

I've got a few dozen gen 2 and gen 3 pmags that say otherwise. They're still fully intact, not a single one has broken but you can no longer get the dust covers on whether loaded or empty, they are much harder to seat, and very tight in the magwell when loaded. They weren't like this when new and none of my other less used pmags are stretched yet.

If metal mags stretch then I surely haven't noticed it, I've got some that are much older than any of my pmags and have been through hell and back and still work the same as always.

skookum-i would like some steel mags. i have heard (on web) that c products mags were not so good. have you found them to be satisfactory? for the AK anyway i much prefer steel even though pmags have been no prob. like to add some steel to the ar pile.

skookum-i would like some steel mags. i have heard (on web) that c products mags were not so good. have you found them to be satisfactory? for the AK anyway i much prefer steel even though pmags have been no prob. like to add some steel to the ar pile.
Have a ton of the C products aluminum mags with the magpul followers and haven't had any problems. I have never tried thier steel mags. The only steel mags I have are the KCI and a few of the HK steel mags. I use the steel mags for my duty M4 because those mags stay loaded. Though I rotate the ammo, they have basically been loaded for 10 years continuously. No malfunctions. But they dont get abused or dropped either.