• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Kowa 601

feelinducky

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
California
I'm looking at the Kowa 601 does anyone have any experience with it? Clarity, durability? Also where is the best place to get one? Or if you have a better idea around the $800 mark let me know.
Thanks

As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Reactions: J Scott
I'm looking at the Kowa 601 does anyone have any experience with it? Clarity, durability? Also where is the best place to get one? Or if you have a better idea around the $800 mark let me know.
Thanks

I have one. Nothing else in its price range even comes close.

+1 for @gr8fuldoug

Reactions: feelinducky
I currently have the tsn 601 with the 25x LER long eye relief lens. As stated, nothing touches the clarity for the price.

The only downside is the lack of a rotating ring mounting point. If you’re going with a straight scope it’s not an issue. Angled eyepiece scopes need the rotation ring mounts or you use some articulated tripod head.

What tripod do you use?
WSFSqxKl.jpg

I use a Ray Vin tripod with the "ball head" that I can swivel around and get it right up to my left eye while I'm on the gun. I'm in position and just glance left to check mirage.