• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kowa Customer Service

Kmartinusa

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
NWOK
I don't think I've ever posted here as I'm no sniper and not particularly good at hiding either...just ask the whitetails on my lease, they all seem to know exactly where I am every time I step foot on the place.

I come here for information because you guys know what you're doing. I often search through forums and make gear decisions based on what I read here and a couple of other places so thank you all, your experience and knowledge and willingness to share is helpful for more people than you may realize, it matters.

Last year I bought a Kowa 880 spotting scope, might have been from a member here or maybe Rockslide, I'm not sure but it definitely was from a forum that I visit fairly regularly and almost never post. My thought was that I don't want to be glassing at a distance wondering if I'd spent a few more dollars that I could see whatever I'm looking at. It's a FANTASTIC piece of equipment, one of the most expensive pieces of my ever growing gear collection.

About a month ago while sighting in my black powder rifle I had the scope set on a tripod, I was using my crappy backup tripod because I had the wrong plate on the scope. It was windy that day and while adjusting my scope I heard a noise...kind of sounded like a Christmas light bulb breaking. To my horror, there was my $3000 scope laying on the concrete, small shards of glass right beside it. I immediately called Kowa, they aren't answering phones so I emailed them...I NEED this scope for scouting/hunting in my area and I need it right now. I received a response that it would be 6-8 weeks to get it back to me and I was FURIOUS. There are other reasons that I was furious with their response that I won't get into, over that weekend I found a deal on a Vortex, was going to buy whatever their best model is even knowing it wasn't in the same league...I didn't care because I was going to sell the damn Kowa as soon as it was fixed. I won't deal with a company who won't treat me as if they cared.

The following Monday , right before I ordered the Vortex Paul Kardos from Kowa America called me and this is why I'm here now. Paul sent me mailing instructions and overnighted a loaner to me, no deposit, no nonsense...he just shipped it and I was immediately back in business. This blew my mind...he said that it was a demo or something but I'm nearly certian that it was a brand new scope.

People bitch and moan when they are mistreated, I'm a firm believer in calling out people when they do the right thing and Paul not only did the right thing- he went FAR over and beyond, surpassed any reasonable expectations one might have for an out-of-warranty shattered scope. They charged me about $150 for the repair and I got it back over the weekend, I just shipped their "loaner" back.

I just want to return the favor in the only way I know how- to tell the story and hope that it goes far and wide...Kowa was absolutely spectacular in taking care of me and Paul turned this situation from awful to amazing.

Service drives sales- I'm not sure that there is a word for what they did but it was spectacular, above and beyond and going forward it's Kowa first for me.

Thanks for reading, I hope that this helps others when making buying decisions.

I am glad that you had that good experience. Paul does take care of things in my single experience. As I was reading your post, at first I was concerned because that was not at all my experience.

There’s at least a couple other threads on here from years past about good experiences from Kowa CS, mostly due to Paul’s involvement.

Great review of their CS, to me it makes all the difference especially in this day and age of pass the buck!!

Reactions: Kmartinusa
I've been a Kowa user for 25 years. Still rocking a TSN-1. Yep, I dropped it on concrete on the objective, completely square to the ground (scope stand set at standing height fell over).

I forget the charge, but they rebuilt it for a very modest sum. It was out of my hands for less than 2 weeks including shipping both ways.

I've been a Kowa user for 25 years. Still rocking a TSN-1. Yep, I dropped it on concrete on the objective, completely square to the ground (scope stand set at standing height fell over).

I forget the charge, but they rebuilt it for a very modest sum. It was out of my hands for less than 2 weeks including shipping both ways.
Mine is a TSN-2. I sent it in for a clean up and refurb. $80 including shipping both ways and done in about 2 weeks. I still use it to spot matches and practice sessions.

I don't think I've ever posted here as I'm no sniper and not particularly good at hiding either...just ask the whitetails on my lease, they all seem to know exactly where I am every time I step foot on the place.

I come here for information because you guys know what you're doing. I often search through forums and make gear decisions based on what I read here and a couple of other places so thank you all, your experience and knowledge and willingness to share is helpful for more people than you may realize, it matters.

Last year I bought a Kowa 880 spotting scope, might have been from a member here or maybe Rockslide, I'm not sure but it definitely was from a forum that I visit fairly regularly and almost never post. My thought was that I don't want to be glassing at a distance wondering if I'd spent a few more dollars that I could see whatever I'm looking at. It's a FANTASTIC piece of equipment, one of the most expensive pieces of my ever growing gear collection.

About a month ago while sighting in my black powder rifle I had the scope set on a tripod, I was using my crappy backup tripod because I had the wrong plate on the scope. It was windy that day and while adjusting my scope I heard a noise...kind of sounded like a Christmas light bulb breaking. To my horror, there was my $3000 scope laying on the concrete, small shards of glass right beside it. I immediately called Kowa, they aren't answering phones so I emailed them...I NEED this scope for scouting/hunting in my area and I need it right now. I received a response that it would be 6-8 weeks to get it back to me and I was FURIOUS. There are other reasons that I was furious with their response that I won't get into, over that weekend I found a deal on a Vortex, was going to buy whatever their best model is even knowing it wasn't in the same league...I didn't care because I was going to sell the damn Kowa as soon as it was fixed. I won't deal with a company who won't treat me as if they cared.

The following Monday , right before I ordered the Vortex Paul Kardos from Kowa America called me and this is why I'm here now. Paul sent me mailing instructions and overnighted a loaner to me, no deposit, no nonsense...he just shipped it and I was immediately back in business. This blew my mind...he said that it was a demo or something but I'm nearly certian that it was a brand new scope.

People bitch and moan when they are mistreated, I'm a firm believer in calling out people when they do the right thing and Paul not only did the right thing- he went FAR over and beyond, surpassed any reasonable expectations one might have for an out-of-warranty shattered scope. They charged me about $150 for the repair and I got it back over the weekend, I just shipped their "loaner" back.

I just want to return the favor in the only way I know how- to tell the story and hope that it goes far and wide...Kowa was absolutely spectacular in taking care of me and Paul turned this situation from awful to amazing.

Service drives sales- I'm not sure that there is a word for what they did but it was spectacular, above and beyond and going forward it's Kowa first for me.

Good to know we still have a few good Americans with faith in the system. To bad our Government is unable to fix itself.

Good to know we still have a few good Americans with faith in the system. To bad our Government is unable to fix itself.

I’ve got faith in Americans, I’m not so sure about many of those in and out of Government- known and unknown. They’re about to fool around and break the whole damn thing.

I know many people who haven’t been as upset as they are now since 9/11. I‘m likely a bit older than many here but if I could find a way to effectively serve and see to it that integrity is restored I would gladly do whatever is necessary as would a number of my friends. I’m just not sure what I can do...there is a time to watch and a time to act, right now I’m watching closely and I’m tired of being lied to.

I ordered a copy of the US Constitution in hardcover from Amazon this week, noticed that it was the #1 bestseller. I’m not sure if that meant that this particular model was the bestseller within the catagory of US Constitution or if it is currently #1 overall. Hopefully the latter.

And, I'd like to Thank You for bringing this up and to light. I have seen too many instances here where someone has a problem with a piece of equipment and rather than go directly to the manufacturer for resolution, they come here and start shitting on the manufacturer. Which, is grossly unfair.

If you give a manufacturer the opportunity to take care of you and they do, they deserve accolades. If they don't, well, that's a different story.

Glad Kowa did such a good job for you. I have a TSN-1 that is close to 30 years old and it's still going strong. Looks brand new/never needed servicing.

(y) (y) (y)

Glad they got you taken care of. Definitely helps sell their products when stories like that are out there