• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kowa or swarovski spotter

Re: kowa or swarovski spotter

Both are best of breed. "Educated" eyes have given the Kowa glass the nod for best of the best....too close for me to see the difference

any of the dealers on snipershide with kowa 883 prominar or swarovski ats80hd feel free to pm me with prices including 20-60 eyepiece. i will be buying one or the other very soon....

I can't speak for the Kowa bit I can tell you I own the Swarovski ATS 65HD and its the best spotting scope I've looked through. I have no problems seeing bullet holes on targets 300 yards away. That is the farthest I have been able to shot since I've got it. I have a stop sign about 1000 yards across the feild in front of my house and can see the bolts that hold the sign on and the holes the run down the center on the sign post nice and clear.
The only down side is its size makes it unstable on the cheap tripod I am using causing a lot when its windy.

Swarovski ATX/STX

I really like the route that they have gone on this project from a general observation perspective as well as the digiscoping perspective. I've been very fortunate to play with them all....Swaro, Leica, Zeiss, KOWA, Vortex.......the Swaro is a complete package. Not only is the optical system very impressive, but the engineering/design/functioning is second to none.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFVrc7NYRjs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFVrc7NYRjs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Vortex Razor all the way, I ROed a match and spent two days looking through a couple different ones, very Impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Razor all the way, I ROed a match and spent two days looking through a couple different ones, very Impressive. </div></div>

i am not interested in the vortex razor at all. no where have i seen it compare to swarovski or kowa in any single review, or i would have listed in my poll.

The Kowa 883 Prominar is the top spotter on the market. Swarovski still makes the best binoculars, but Kowa beat them this time for top spotter. There is a reason you see more Kowa's on the line at Highpower and F-Class matches than anything else.

I have a Swaro that I bought in 1998. It is not the same model that your interested in, but none the less, it is one hell of an optic! I have watched a herd of elk at 2+ miles and been able to count points. But the most impressive is the customer service. I put a nice dent in the sunshade, and sent it in to get fixed, cost me 65.00 shipping included, and the turn around was 10 days. Top drawer, good luck, JPG