• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Arca Forend?

blaserman33

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
Anybody here have the KRG Arca Forend? The one that has the Arca built in and is all metal rather than the plastic Forend with Arca Rail bolted to it. I’m curious how you like it and if it stiffened up the Forend?

The thing that concerns me is the reduced protection for the mags in the front when pushing into a barricade. But it also looks like the mag well is kinda flared and might be easier to insert into, especially when prone or on barrels/spools where there is not a lot of room under the magwell.

I have one and put one of their heavy barrier stops right by the front of the magwell. I’m sure it stiffens it up and it adds a bit extra weight than just the bolt on Arca piece.

I just received one earlier last week but have not had a chance to shoot with it. I'm digging it and believe it is an improvement over the factory with the arca rail attached. it has seemed to stiffin up while on the tripod and the weight being spread evenly over the entire length in front of the action balances well during dry firing.

I’ve got one, and I love it so far! Especially when paired with the Arca spigot. While I’m sure it stiffen things up to some degree, I have no other forend to compare it to, so take that for what it’s worth. As far as mag protection, the mags sit in a way that with my action (tl3), they don’t bind against the bolt, regardless of the pressures applied to the magazine. So I’m not going to worry about it for now.

I have one and put one of their heavy barrier stops right by the front of the magwell. I’m sure it stiffens it up and it adds a bit extra weight than just the bolt on Arca piece.

^^ Agreed. I just got mine but its at my smith right now. I plan to put a barrier stop there and should be good to go. I like it much better than the polymer forend.

I have one and it’s been on my rifle for 3 or 4 months with 4 matches. I did have some magazine binding happen before I added the heavy barricade stop. The only (-) is once you add a barricade stop you loose real estate for your bag with the bipod attached. So, I take my Harris bipod off fairly often on stages that I do not need them.

It does add weight evenly across the forend and once attached to a tripod it’s really stiff.

All in all, I recommend it for anyone that doesn’t have one.

Anybody here have the KRG Arca Forend? The one that has the Arca built in and is all metal rather than the plastic Forend with Arca Rail bolted to it. I’m curious how you like it and if it stiffened up the Forend?

The thing that concerns me is the reduced protection for the mags in the front when pushing into a barricade. But it also looks like the mag well is kinda flared and might be easier to insert into, especially when prone or on barrels/spools where there is not a lot of room under the magwell.

I have the aluminum forend but the older model and need the ARCA plate but otherwise the same thing. Anyway, I bought it used here in the PX and came with this awesome barricade stop/magwell extension. Works very well when pushing into a barricade.

But, I think it was custom made by the previous owner of the previous owner I got it from. :geek:

IMG_0857.jpeg

Reactions: C.R. Adams