• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo: Anyone Shoot of a Front Rest vs Bi-Pod

General RE LEE

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2022
Middle TN
I have a 20” 6.5 CM Tikka CTR and a KRG Bravo on the way.

I always shoot off a Caldwell “The Rock” front rest and a rear bag vs using a Harris style bipod. I do have a couple of the Caldwell Harris knock offs.

Anyone primarily do their bench shooting with a Bravo or similar chassis off a front rest?

Most here use a bipod and bag as it’s primarily field shooters here. If you want half moa you can do it with a bipod. If you want to measure groups in the tenths then you’ll need the solid base.
I don’t usually drag my benchrest out anymore except for old rifles without arca/picatinny/sling swivels on them.

Reactions: General RE LEE
Most here use a bipod and bag as it’s primarily field shooters here. If you want half moa you can do it with a bipod. If you want to measure groups in the tenths then you’ll need the solid base.
I don’t usually drag my benchrest out anymore except for old rifles without arca/picatinny/sling swivels on them.

10-4

I ordered a Spigot minimalist for the Bravo to get the bipod closer to the muzzle. I will see how it works out.

I've thought about this same thing , mainly just for getting a more precise zero. I don't have a precision rest and I wasn't sure if it would make a difference, but it would be nice to try and see if I can get a more refined zero though. Not sure if that would really take the place or matter adjusting zero at 200 and 300 though? They are expensive and pretty big and I don't really have a use for one other than for zeroing so I haven't got one.