• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo ARCA rail Atlas CAL fitment

bowietx

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
Looking to get a Arca Spigot mount for my KRG Bravo, can anyone verify that the Atlas ARCA clamp will work with the KRG ARCA rail? Understand that there are some differences in ARCA standards across manufacturers and want to confirm that this combo will work.

Reactions: Danlp2
To my understanding Arca is Arca. Area 419 has the added benefit of there arca lock technology where they scallop the rail for a positive lock. otherwise they are all compatible. That is the point!

That's not correct. Width varies a lot. I'm not sure what clamp Atlas uses but if it's an adjustable knob, you're good.
This doesn't make any sense. Of course there are machining tolerances but if a rail is an Arca rail than it is designed to work with Arca accessories. Can you elaborate your comments?

I've got an Atlas Cal with 419 clamp and it's money on my XL Spigot centerfire and also on an Arca Rail on 22. Best money I've spent in years took the wobble out of my reticle in one easy step

Last edited:
This doesn't make any sense. Of course there are machining tolerances but if a rail is an Arca rail than it is designed to work with Arca accessories. Can you elaborate your comments?
The width of the dovetails are different. An older RRS clamp has a lever with no tension adjustment. So if you have a rail that's out of spec, the clamp won't hold.

To my understanding Arca is Arca. Area 419 has the added benefit of there arca lock technology where they scallop the rail for a positive lock. otherwise they are all compatible. That is the point!
arca should be arca
The width, angle, radius can all very a smidge and cause issues and its not always done right. Not a frequent issue, but it has happened.

Reactions: bbhank
The Arca dovetail was invented many many years ago by a large format camera and ballhead company named, of course, Arca-Swiss Phototechnik AG.

Side note: Everything sounds more machined in German.

I may be wrong, but for a long time there were no published standards for the angle of the dovetail and width of the plate etc.

That is, until either the original or 2nd/current owner of RRS published specs. Or someone lol.

This page has some manufacturers that adhere to the stands specs for their products. https://www.tripodhead.com/products/product-details2.cfm?product=arca-swiss-geometry

Arca Swiss history: https://galerie-photo.com/a-visit-to-arca-swiss.html

To add lots of earlier arca were aluminum extruded. Modern arca should be better.
My rrs lever clamp fits my krg bottom rail correctly. Area 419 holds to correct sizes as well.

Rrs makes dimensions available.

IOW you're good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
Looking to get a Arca Spigot mount for my KRG Bravo, can anyone verify that the Atlas ARCA clamp will work with the KRG ARCA rail? Understand that there are some differences in ARCA standards across manufacturers and want to confirm that this combo will work.
My Area419 clamp fits the spigot mount just fine