• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo bent CTR magazine feed lips

yosemite_sam

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2023
Tennessee
Tikka in KRG Bravo w/ CTR mag inlet. I have been having issues with my CTR mag popping loose under recoil. Seems like a common issue for several reasons...but after spending a few hours this afternoon fooling with the gun, I realized that the feed lips on the mag were bent and marred up. I realized the mag was riding way too far forward in relation to the receiver. I tried adjusting the hand guard and trigger all the way back, but the mag still will not sit in its proper place. The pictures can describe this much better than I. I haven't found any other folks having this issue.

I am super bummed because I love this chassis. Sent KRG an e-mail...their customer service is the best I've ever had in this industry. I can keep y'all updated about what happens, just curious if other folks running KRG w/ CTR inlet have experienced similar issues.

Thanks for the help!

image_6487327.JPG

image_6487327 (1).JPG

image_6487327 (2).JPG

image_6487327 (3).JPG

Last edited:
I don't know if the OP found a solution, but I have my Tikka T3 sitting in a Bravo chassis using CTR mags and have had Zero problems. My T3 is 2003 vintage. Work fine with the Bravo/CTR chassis.

Just checked my CTR/Bravo. Yup, my CTR Mag is contacting the receiver in the same spot.

Which stock did you order the t3 bravo that accepts t3, t3x,ctr that accepts aics mags or the ctr that accepts ctr mags? Not sure the difference but it’s on krg website so I’m sure there is one maybe try aics mags and see if that corrects the issue.

Which stock did you order the t3 bravo that accepts t3, t3x,ctr that accepts aics mags or the ctr that accepts ctr mags? Not sure the difference but it’s on krg website so I’m sure there is one maybe try aics mags and see if that corrects the issue.
Aics mags are narrower than CTR, so he should have the correct stock.

Different mag catch too.

Just checked my CTR/Bravo. Yup, my CTR Mag is contacting the receiver in the same spot.
Huge bummer. Shoot KRG an email. He said he hadn’t heard any reports of issues before me.

Are you having bent mags/mag falling out?

The stock doesn’t allow the CTR mag to sit in the receiver properly.

Huge bummer. Shoot KRG an email. He said he hadn’t heard any reports of issues before me.

Are you having bent mags/mag falling out?

The stock doesn’t allow the CTR mag to sit in the receiver properly.
I will let them know. I have been pretty gentle on inserting my mags because I could see and feel it contact. My feed lips aren’t bending yet, but you can easily see where they’re hitting the receiver and the finish has worn off. I haven’t shot this setup yet. It’s new to me, just swapped over, so no idea if the mag may pop out under recoil yet. It seems to be in there pretty good. Worst part is I just sold my new Manners EH-1 with CTR mini chassis in favour of the Bravo before I knew of this problem. I wanted the NV bridge of the Bravo.

My best guess is you got the wrong mag catch installed, or it needs to be adjusted or trimmed to get it to fit better.

My best guess is you got the wrong mag catch installed, or it needs to be adjusted or trimmed to get it to fit better.
I have the AICS mag catch now because I swapped. I def was running the CTR mag catch. Also I adjusted the trigger guard and hand guard as far back as possible and the mag was still sitting WAY too far forward in relation to the receiver.

I will let them know. I have been pretty gentle on inserting my mags because I could see and feel it contact. My feed lips aren’t bending yet, but you can easily see where they’re hitting the receiver and the finish has worn off. I haven’t shot this setup yet. It’s new to me, just swapped over, so no idea if the mag may pop out under recoil yet. It seems to be in there pretty good. Worst part is I just sold my new Manners EH-1 with CTR mini chassis in favour of the Bravo before I knew of this problem. I wanted the NV bridge of the Bravo.
I would go ahead and contact them ASAP, that way you might be able to make a return/exchange. I had to buy a AICS Bravo backbone, mag catch, and handguard. An easy, albeit expensive fix. I kept my buttstock. If you can I'd try to return the stock and swap it for the AICS version. It runs just fine. Not quite as smooth as the CTR mag in the Tikka factory stock...but at least the mag isn't falling out every 3rd shot and not getting bent.

As far as it being a problem it may be a new thing. I haven't heard of anybody having their feed lips on the CTR magazine bent...thats kinda hard to ignore. How old is your Tikka? Is it possible that Tikka changed the receiver design slightly?