• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis --> Is this gap normal?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    First time using the KRG Bravo chassis. I don't understand the thought process behind having two separate pieces. One for the buttstock and One the fore-end. The aluminum rail definitely adds rigidity so that when I secure everything down it feels rigid enough.

However, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to see that the only thing keeping the butt stock connected to the rest of the chassis is ONE screw the rear receiver screw.

With all that out of the way....is THIS normal (see picture below)?

As I tighten it down the screw behind the tang to secure the butt stock to the aluminum rail, it seems to cause separation between the top side of the butt stock and the underside of the rail. Perhaps I am missing spacers...or something else, but I don't see what I could be doing wrong

Any and all advise is welcome

Have been using Bergara's HMR stock until now. The Bergara HMR stock is SOLID. Really REALLY SOLID. And while I am not 100% sure it is one solid piece I am sure enough in its rigidity that I would never need to question its durability. Just makes me wonder why KRG's Bravo isn't also a one piece design.

20210426_122355.jpg
    20210426_122427.jpg

There is a reason it’s one of the cheapest if not the cheapest aftermarket stock options. It is a good stock for the money. If you want better you have to pay more.

The Sako TRG uses the same set up. A fore and a rear stock joined by an aluminium rail.

It looks to me that the rail is bent, or is that just the camera lens distorting the picture?

There are two screws holding it together isn't there? The rear action screw and the one accessed from above. How hard do you torque them? Excessive force tends to bend things.

There is a thread on here where someone from KRG said they could put the budget in the stock basics or spend it on beauty and getting the plastic to line up better...you can guess where they put it.

IMG_20201210_161239.jpg

Reactions: Senor_Barney
    Thanks for all these responses.

I just wanted to know if it was normal since I had to disassemble to put in a fore end weight. I dropped the tray with all the screws and wasn't sure if I was missing a spacer or something else.

Sounds like it's fine and in no way compromises the structural integrity of the chassis. Good to know.

BTW, should the front action screw have ONE or TWO washers?

I tightened the screw down to spec and it actually started to make contact with the bolt lugs on my Bighorn Origin. Really irked.

I added two washers to give it enough clearance.
    16194749009593486840897456959854.jpg

I have 2 washers on the front action screw of both my Bravos, one Tenacity and one Nucleus action

Reactions: Senor_Barney
    My Nuke took 1 washer and my Origin 2. Just depends if the bolt head binds or not...the more threads the better.

Annoyed the hell out of me on the two I had. Now I have two Manners PRS2 stocks for $1,300 each, so $2,600 vs $600. I guess you get what you pay for!

I will say the Bravos are comfortable as hell. And actually really great stocks for the price. But not the stock to buy if you have $1,300 tastes but a $300 budget

Annoyed the hell out of me on the two I had. Now I have two Manners PRS2 stocks for $1,300 each, so $2,600 vs $600. I guess you get what you pay for!

I will say the Bravos are comfortable as hell. And actually really great stocks for the price. But not the stock to buy if you have $1,300 tastes but a $300 budget
    Bahahahaha...

I'm going to give it an honest try and see how I like it. It's just a quirk.

Considering my Origin ($875), Bartlein barrel ($775), Triggertech ($170), and Atlas Bipod ($250)....I probably coulda invested a bit more on the chassis side.

I really like the Magpul Pro

IIRC Sako TRGs sometimes show this same misalignment,
    it seems to be inherent in the 2 piece design...

Bahahahaha...

I'm going to give it an honest try and see how I like it. It's just a quirk.

Considering my Origin ($875), Bartlein barrel ($775), Triggertech ($170), and Atlas Bipod ($250)....I probably coulda invested a bit more on the chassis side.

I really like the Magpul Pro
    I get it. I've been there. The magpul pro is trash though. The bravo has a lot more going for it!! I am pretty "OCD" as they say, but even I started to not notice the imperfections of the Bravo as the price and function ratio is off the charts.

EDIT: I misread your comment as Magpul *Hunter*... The Hunter is trash. the Pro is awesome! Handled one a few times and really liked it. Pretty heavy but felt very solid.

Last edited:
    The bravo will not hold back your shooting.

But The magpul Pro would be a nice upgrade. It’s a tremendous chassis for the money. More money but you’ll definitely notice improvements in functionality and finish.

Reactions: Stoweit
    I fiddled with the rear action take down bolt, trigger guard position, and rear tang bolt and got the circa 2018 Bravo on my Vudoo to align fairly well.

i-kDksVLc-XL.jpg

The newer Bravo on my Tikka T3x Varmint aligned decently also.

20190816_172405-XL.jpg

I think depending on how lucky you are, some of them have virtually no gap and the halves line up perfectly... or others end up not quite as nice looking.
    Besides aesthetics, no big deal. It's polymer, and polymer does weird stuff, I've had some funny looking Glocks here and there over the years too, never affected anything.

I think some of the comments about the Bravo being some kind of cheap piece of crap are pretty funny. Anyone who's ever run one knows the Bravo's are just as capable, if not more so, than any Manners or anything else.

Opened this afternoon...and know already it's not gonna be for me. Someone else really should be able to enjoy at my expense. Listing on PX.

After torquing down the fore end, trigger guard and barreled action screws, that screw at the rear tang was tight and I never even touched it. My two stock sections lined up nicely. I just find it odd that screw must have been torqued down at factory.

Attachments

• 8A30A59F-64BD-4055-AA67-36C767A3E8CA.jpeg
      8A30A59F-64BD-4055-AA67-36C767A3E8CA.jpeg
      427 KB · Views: 75
    I have a Tikka one that lines up well. My R700 does not. Seems like all of the tikka ones I see are always way better than R700s

Reactions: General RE LEE