• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
SWMO
My buddy told me they were coming out with a new chassis. He useses their Whisky-3 chassis. I'm a manners fan but this might be a good alternative for a .223 trainer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,152
How will 700 clones fit in the Bravo? TL3/Stiller/Mausingfield?

One caveat is that the Bravo will not accept the large recoil lugs. It will take a thicker lug than stock but not the ones that are really wide or tall like the Badger. The Defiance action built in lug will fit fine into the Bravo whereas the Bighorn/Zermatt integral lug will not fit. Thank you for your interest!
Justin

One caveat is that the Bravo will not accept the large recoil lugs. It will take a thicker lug than stock but not the ones that are really wide or tall like the Badger. The Defiance action built in lug will fit fine into the Bravo whereas the Bighorn/Zermatt integral lug will not fit. Thank you for your interest!
Justin

Justin, my plan for the Bravo I bought is to put in a Bighorn TL3 action. (I have not bought an action yet) Do you know if there is any harm in removing material in that area to fit the action? Thanks.

Along the same lines, how about a Stiller?

Awaiting the LA release. Hoping to drop in a Tac300 with no issues.

Justin, my plan for the Bravo I bought is to put in a Bighorn TL3 action. (I have not bought an action yet) Do you know if there is any harm in removing material in that area to fit the action? Thanks.

I was planning the exact same thing...

Cool, I'm curious what he has to say. Maybe someone has done it already. I'm guessing we can make it work.

yea i hope so, wanted the long action TL3 and this stock to build a 28 nosler. If it won't work I'm gonna have to do some rethinking

Justin

Thanks for the reply. Any chance an inlet for the Bighorns will be made available in the future? Or as another poster mentioned can it be made to fit by a good smith?

Hey guys, there shouldn't be an issue removing the needed material for the Bighorn and most others. The backbone of the Bravo is the same general dimensions as the others but it's a more complicated machining process to make the larger lug slot and so the Bravo doesn't have it.

We really didn't envision guys putting in premium actions but it is cool that you guys like the Bravo enough to use it with a $1k+ action. We probably won't do a larger lug slot in the future, we have the X-ray and Whiskey-3 which both fit the larger lugs. A good smith will be able to hook you up.

In the very distant future we would like to have a page where you can pick each individual component but that will be 8+ months out at least.
Thank you for your business!
Justin

Hey guys, there shouldn't be an issue removing the needed material for the Bighorn and most others. The backbone of the Bravo is the same general dimensions as the others but it's a more complicated machining process to make the larger lug slot and so the Bravo doesn't have it.

We really didn't envision guys putting in premium actions but it is cool that you guys like the Bravo enough to use it with a $1k+ action. We probably won't do a larger lug slot in the future, we have the X-ray and Whiskey-3 which both fit the larger lugs. A good smith will be able to hook you up.

In the very distant future we would like to have a page where you can pick each individual component but that will be 8+ months out at least.
Justin

You say that but the Bravo is over all just a better looking chassis to me. I am a Manners guy so I like the more traditional looking stock. I’m planning on getting one in the future and see how I enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jLorenzo
You say that but the Bravo is over all just a better looking chassis to me. I am a Manners guy so I like the more traditional looking stock.

Same here and I'm going to guess this is true for many people. I think the market has been waiting for a good traditional stock styled chassis. I've heard from a lot of people that they went with a chassis for the flexibility, but didn't want to because they are so ugly. I'll bet you guys end up surprised at how many people out there have been waiting for something like this, and I'll bet a lot of nice actions go into the Bravo.

Reactions: Wags and jLorenzo
I'm very interested, just sucks that my 7 Mag Tikka won't fit. Guess I'll have to just redo my M700 7 Mag in 28 Nosler.

Reactions: Wags
Justin

Will a Mausenfield's lug fit in the Bravo?

Maybe it would be easier if KRG posts here the dimensions of the Bravo's recoil lug recess and everybody else runs off to their gunsmith/action builder and finds out if their pet action fits in the chassis.

I seriously doubt KRG has gone through every single action on the market to know what fits and what doesn't.

Justin

The Bravo is the first chassis from KRG ive really been excited about. I love the look and feel of a traditional stock but feel forced to shoot a chassis because of the lack of modularity thats been available for the traditional stock crowd until more recently. The Bravo is currently the most modular traditional type stock i can think of. You guys really have a market corner here that i think has more potential. I wouldnt think twice about putting my TL3 in one if it wasnt already in an MPA. Though that is subject to change if i feel there is enough PRS specific features available for the Bravo.

Would love to see tool-less moveable barricade stops! Would also love to see a Savage compatible bravo.

For tool-less moveable barricade stops, you can just add their bolt on ARCA rail (which I believe fits the Bravo), and their barricade stop and ARCA clamp.

For tool-less moveable barricade stops, you can just add their bolt on ARCA rail (which I believe fits the Bravo), and their barricade stop and ARCA clamp.

Yes it does which made me hit the add to cart button even faster. I'm a little bummed about the need to remove material but it will be worth it. I'll probably do it myself instead of shipping to a smith.

Yeah, I've been looking at the Harris adapter and ARCA clamp lately, and recall seeing it fit the Bravo, but wasn't absolutely sure. I love my Atlas, but PRS matches that have ingress/egress of vehicles made me realize that a Harris can shave off a few seconds; plus it'll fit my MPA or KRG chassis' that I have on different rifles.

Reactions: Tamarlow
Hey guys we put up an option to order a Bravo with the W-3/X-ray backbone that has the large lug slot and also let's you use the INVR mount if you want. It's $50 extra and you just select it in the "inlet" dropdown. The normal Bravo will be back in stock by next week hopefully. Thank you,
Justin
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

Last edited:
Reactions: jLorenzo
Hey guys we put up an option to order a Bravo with the W-3/X-ray backbone that has the large lug slot and also let's you use the INVR mount if you want. It's $50 extra and you just select it in the "inlet" dropdown. The normal Bravo will be back in stock by next week hopefully. Thank you,
Justin

I know this is a hard question to answer, but a Bighorn TL3 should bolt right into this without modification; correct?

Justin

Justin that's great thanks for doing that. Will you do an exchange? I already bought one with the plan to put in a TL3 and it was before you made the change. PM me if you prefer. Thank you.

Justin, I'm in the same boat as atomic41. I bought the Bravo and might end up using it for a TL3, so if I can exchange the backbone, that would be great.

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep an eye out for them to return to stock. My life will feel empty not debating which route to go for a stock now, but you guys simplified that quite a bit. Thanks! :)

Wish I would have known the recoil lug pocket was gonna be undersized... it definitely won’t work with a .250 tapered PTG lug

Attachments

• photo83057.jpg
    photo83057.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: BudgetBuilder
Wish I would have known the recoil lug pocket was gonna be undersized... it definitely won’t work with a .250 tapered PTG lug

It's not undersized if it fits a standard Remington lug.

Last edited:
Maybe he’’ is like me and thinks the Bravo looks better than the Xray. Or like me and others prefers a traditional MCM/MCS shaped stock. Besides that, its much less money compared to an Xray.

I’d like to see a 455 Bravo personally as right now I’d have to get a Tacticool to do it for me. For $150 more dollars I’d gladly get the Bravo.

Reactions: Wags
There is nothing wrong with it but I’m getting a bravo stock for my center fire rifle so I would like the same stock for my rimfire trainer.

I understand, but I doubt they'll make the Bravo for the 455. They should be so close in feel that I don't think you'll go wrong with the 180-xray

Justin

Justin, checking in I didn't see a response yet. Thank you for creating this option. Can you help those of us that bought ours before the change? Maybe an exchange or I would be happy to pay a few bucks to buy the large slot one.

I"m in the same boat. I've called KRG and send 2 emails. No response.

I'm going to assume it's bad timing because of the holidays. I think they will help us resolve this if we are patient.

Hey guys,
Everyone here is pretty swamped so we're all behind including customer service. Holidays/SHOT time is usually super busy but with the Bravo and other new stuff it's been really crazy. Somebody will get back to you if you've emailed in, it will just take a bit. We appreciate your patience and we hope you guys all have a merry Christmas with your friends and/or family.
Justin

P.S
-We might offer the CZ with the Bravo rear part. It would be the current 180-X front coupled with the Bravo rear. We have to wait until things settle down a bit from the Rem and Tikka ordering.
-The Enclosed Forend will be offered for the Tikka if it proves to be popular with the Rem and we get the requests for it
-The long action Rem Bravo is available. It is the full Whiskey-3 front end so it takes large lugs and our INVR, and has the nicer W-3 forend. It's more money than the regular Bravo's of course. We have a long action version coming with the basic Bravo backbone that takes standard recoil lugs and no INVR and will be a bit cheaper (still uses W-3 forend).

Thanks guys.

Thanks Justin. Was awaiting the LA, but after some quick back and forth with John, I ordered up the W-3 backbone with the Bravo.