• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Gen 2? First Impressions

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
So I'll have to admit I had no idea there had been an update to the KRG bravo until I just received one I ordered today and noticed it was different. Not sure if this is old news but I couldn't find much info when I googled to find out when the update happened.

I ordered a KRG Bravo on Monday, and it delivered today when I pulled it out I noticed it was slightly different than a previous KRG Bravo I had a few years ago.(I no longer have that one to do a direct comparison). The main difference is some molded in brass threaded inserts in the forend which is a welcome improvement. I remember being annoyed at having to take the forend off and attach the KRG Arca rail with a bunch of nuts on the original version. Now you can just bolt it on using the provided button head cap screws and the threaded inserts which is much better. There are also M-LOK attachments the full length of the forend which I don't think the original version had. The one part I don't like about the new version is the slightly raised portion just below the action with three threaded inserts. I would rather have this area flat and flush to the rest of the stock. Not sure what accessory is supposed to mount there.

I also ordered a minimalist spigot mount with it since my main complaint from my first one several years ago is that I couldn't get the bipod far enough forward. I do like the minimalist spigot but unfortunately you do have to remove the forend/hand guard to mount it. At first I thought it was longer than it needed to be but when I put a sling swivel stud in the front threaded hole and mounted a Haris bipod with a pod lock I noticed it positioned the bipod just far enough forward for the pod lock to clear the front of the stock which is necessary since the spigot mount is recessed/higher than the rest of the stock. I think this is a well thought out and intentional dimension that I wouldn't have thought of before mounting the bipod.

Thoughts on room for improvement:
-A way to mount the spigot mount without having to remove the forend/hand guard
-Incorporate a thumb rest molded into the back portion of the stock.
-It's a little heavier than I expected. It's 3 lbs 3 oz naked(Rem 700 SA version), 3 lbs 11 oz once you add the Arca and minimalist spigot.
-PS. I think one of the spigot mount options is almost necessary with this stock to get the bipod far enough forward. There isn't enough room to rest it on a bag on a barricade with a bipod mounted without using a spigot mount.

Here are a few pictures of it including some with it next to a Manners T4A and TCS for perspective/scale

Attachments

• IMG_6612.jpeg
    IMG_6612.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_6613.jpeg
    IMG_6613.jpeg
    758 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_6614.jpeg
    IMG_6614.jpeg
    770.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_6616.jpeg
    IMG_6616.jpeg
    723.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    844.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_6623.jpeg
    IMG_6623.jpeg
    896.7 KB · Views: 373
-It's a little heavier than I expected. It's 3 lbs 3 oz naked(Rem 700 SA version), 3 lbs 11 oz once you add the Arca and minimalist spigot.
hard pass on the thumb rest. much prefer the feel of the thumb in line with the bore on the gen 1 bravo vs my hnt26 with the thumb rest. wouldn't change a thing about the grip. this would be the perfect hybrid hunting target stock imo if it was .5/1lb lighter. still not too shabby though. I'm at 9/5oz with a 20in tikka barrel and 20oz scope.

Reactions: bar_n
I agree it is a good hybrid target hunting setup which is what I’m going for but I wish it was 1/2 lb lighter set up where I can get the bipod forward enough. Mine is a Bergara HMR in 6.5 creedmoor cut down to 18” and comes out to 11 lbs as pictured with the Vortex Razor LHT and a Harris bipod.

The one part I don't like about the new version is the slightly raised portion just below the action with three threaded inserts. I would rather have this area flat and flush to the rest of the stock. Not sure what accessory is supposed to mount there.
KRG's 2 round quiver or any other accessory with 1.19" hole spacing (Magpul MOE L2/5 slot spacing)

Does anyone know when the Gen 2/updated version came out. I didn’t realize it was updated until I received it. Haven’t been able to find any info on when the new version came out online. Seems like it was a soft launch. Just wondering if it’s new or been out for a while.

So I'll have to admit I had no idea there had been an update to the KRG bravo until I just received one I ordered today and noticed it was different. Not sure if this is old news but I couldn't find much info when I googled to find out when the update happened.

I ordered a KRG Bravo on Monday, and it delivered today when I pulled it out I noticed it was slightly different than a previous KRG Bravo I had a few years ago.(I no longer have that one to do a direct comparison). The main difference is some molded in brass threaded inserts in the forend which is a welcome improvement. I remember being annoyed at having to take the forend off and attach the KRG Arca rail with a bunch of nuts on the original version. Now you can just bolt it on using the provided button head cap screws and the threaded inserts which is much better. There are also M-LOK attachments the full length of the forend which I don't think the original version had. The one part I don't like about the new version is the slightly raised portion just below the action with three threaded inserts. I would rather have this area flat and flush to the rest of the stock. Not sure what accessory is supposed to mount there.

I also ordered a minimalist spigot mount with it since my main complaint from my first one several years ago is that I couldn't get the bipod far enough forward. I do like the minimalist spigot but unfortunately you do have to remove the forend/hand guard to mount it. At first I thought it was longer than it needed to be but when I put a sling swivel stud in the front threaded hole and mounted a Haris bipod with a pod lock I noticed it positioned the bipod just far enough forward for the pod lock to clear the front of the stock which is necessary since the spigot mount is recessed/higher than the rest of the stock. I think this is a well thought out and intentional dimension that I wouldn't have thought of before mounting the bipod.

Thoughts on room for improvement:
-A way to mount the spigot mount without having to remove the forend/hand guard
-PS. I think one of the spigot mount options is almost necessary with this stock to get the bipod far enough forward. There isn't enough room to rest it on a bag on a barricade with a bipod mounted without using a spigot mount.

Here are a few pictures of it including some with it next to a Manners T4A and TCS for perspective/scale
Is it ambidextrous?

83E95A4F-87EB-4F8D-A6E2-45B56118ED79.jpeg

46D06AD0-BE21-4819-9578-76A76BEC9AF7.jpeg

5B41A766-D831-46B8-8D98-654BB33ABBFD.jpeg

Here is my GEN 2 with a Tikka 204. This is the CTR mag-only version. I’m using the cheek rest off of my W3 and added the adjustable butt plate. This barrel is the original sporter, and I’m swapping that out for a heavier profile.

I don’t mind the spigot situation because you only have to add it once. I have one on my W3, but the problem as you can see in the pics above is the range I go to has these short benches. On my W3, if I want to use the spigot mount with my bipod I have to sit way at the back of the T-shaped bench then my brass flies on the floor and it’s irritating. I should note I only shoot from tripods or from the bench.

I really, really like bravo.

Last edited:
Those are some nice improvements. I honestly would probably pull the ARCA rail off mine when I’m not shooting off a tripod if it was easier. I also have the minimalist spigot mount, but I found that I like the bipod mounted on the forend when I’m shooting PDs and needing to make large swings side to side.

I love the Bravo for what I paid for it. Fits my long paws perfectly and balances perfectly with a 26” Medium Palma.

Reactions: carbonbased