• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krg bravo or mdt field stock

Which stock

• Krg bravo

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Mdt field

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Bsnyder

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2023
Usa
Ok I’ve searched and researched and I can’t make my mind up on which is the better of the two. I need two stocks for rifles that will be shot at 1 prs match a month and will see plenty of range time around that match. Ie my wife and I spend about 1 day a week at the range shooting steel. This year we are starting to shoot the club match. Both are 700 short actions chambered in 6 gt. So which stock. What am I giving up going the mdt route vs the bravo. If I go the mdt route the money I save buys mags. Is it worth it? Which one? Thanks in advance.

I've had 2 Bravos one for centerfire and other on rimfire. Just picked up a Field Stock for peanuts on sale last month and I like it a lot, but have not put an action in it yet. I could be happy with either one, but now having both in hands I'd not pay the extra for the KRG. I really like the cheek rest on the MDT it's thinner by a smidge and goes up higher which is key for me. Going to chop an old barrel down to 16" for short range deer suppressed deer plinker with the MDT.

Last edited:
I really like my Bravo. I have one for my hunting rifle and one for the wife's rifle.

It's a great chassis' that punches above it's price class. Great features, lots of accessories available for it so that you can really dress it up. It's comfortable, and has a nice grip/grip angle. They are pretty light, so if you're pairing with a heavy barrel contour, it may be prudent to put weighted LOP spacers on to balance it out.

No experience with the MDT chassis.

Reactions: Bsnyder
Comparison really should've been between Bravo and XRS. Where price favors Bravo. I've only briefly shot an XRS, but have 2 Bravos and a W3 and enjoy them all.

I’m not a fan of the Bravo chassis. They feel cheap because they are. People like them though and they do work but I got rid of mine quickly. The MDT XRS chassis is nice, well built, and would be my choice. I’ve never seen or heard of the MDT field chassis until just now so I can’t compare the two.

The Bravo is an inexpensive functional what I call a chassis/stock.

KRG practically invented this sub-$400 class of functional chassis/stock and the shooting public has embraced the Bravo to the point that MDT and XLR and even McMillan have inserted products into this niche.

I just have never liked the feel of the bravo. Fully functional just not my cup of tea. I put my 223ai into an Mc3 and it just feels right.

I want to try the Field stock. I couldn't sell my Bravo fast enough after I had it on a hunting rifle. I don't know how people can like them for that application, it's the worst grip I've ever held when hunting. They have a large, square brick of a forend with a bunch of snag points; the grip had areas my fingers would go into when carrying it that were sharp/annoying, the general shape of it is just not suited to being carried. The cheek rest is easy to hook pack straps under. If you're never holding it in your hands then it doesn't matter how it's shaped, but I found it to be a really poor hunting stock if you're walking. I would never recommend it for a rifle that is being walked with. I much prefer the Manners EH-1.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
I’d second the KRG. MDT makes great stuff, but it’s hard to beat the sheer amount of Lego you can play with KRG stuff.

So mdt told you to go with the bravo? Interesting.....
They said the xrs was better suited for my application beings the fact I’m buying two they didn’t have an option that would suit my needs in the budget I’ve set at this time.

Reactions: Im2bent
I think for price and options for accessories that you may want for PrS style matches, the Bravo is the way to go. The MDT Field stock is more of a “field” stock and the XRS cost much more than the Bravo (and looks like a toddlers toy).

I got a "blem" MDT Field Stock for Tikka T3 on Black Friday on big discount. I have other rifles (including a Tikka) in KRG Bravos. I like the new MDT Field Stock for a hunting stock - no brainer upgrade over the entry Tikka stock. I prefer the KRB Bravo for target style stock.

Pick up the barreled actions next Friday. Need to get dies ordered and more brass ordered. At least we will have one range session.

Attachments

• 72557968973__C15060E5-0149-4B62-A6C6-E6F4058BEE8E.jpeg
    72557968973__C15060E5-0149-4B62-A6C6-E6F4058BEE8E.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 48
  • 72557970447__B3ADED23-D1D2-43DB-800D-5975D2B5BCC8.jpeg
    72557970447__B3ADED23-D1D2-43DB-800D-5975D2B5BCC8.jpeg
    878.4 KB · Views: 38
Bravo all day every day. It is pretty crazy to me that MDT hasn't figured out a way to compete effectively with KRG at the lower price points. I am assuming they want to preserve their profit margins on their higher priced stocks, but they (MDT) really stopped being innovative 3+ years ago.

I dont like the grip size on the Bravo. Like who is it made for? I am 6" tall with normal hands and its absurd imo.
I have one and am using it, but thats the main issue I have with it.
Charge $15 more and offer interchangeable grip sizes.