• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo - Spigot Mount & Harris Bipod Direct Mount

Phil3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
San Ramon, CA
I am preparing my order for the KRG Bravo (for a Howa action). For those who have this chassis, perhaps you can share your opinions on two options I am considering. The Spigot Mount and the Harris Bipod Direct Mount. Did either make any material improvement in rifle stability, accuracy, or...? I would use the Spigot for bipod mounting only (Harris 6" - 9", swivel mount). I am shooting off a bench and possibly prone later on.

Thanks.

Phil

I went with the spigot and was not happy with my bipod being mounted to it from a swivel stud. You want the direct mount for your bipod, it is much more stable, and I am much happier with my setup now that I have mine direct mounted.

Attachments

• 20181025_195912.jpg
    20181025_195912.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 379
I went with the spigot and was not happy with my bipod being mounted to it from a swivel stud. You want the direct mount for your bipod, it is much more stable, and I am much happier with my setup now that I have mine direct mounted.
With your setup the bipod is not easy to remove in the feild, is it?

With your setup the bipod is not easy to remove in the feild, is it?

Not really, but with the pod lock its possible. Why would I need to?

The ARCA clamp will fix that if its an issue for you at the expense of a little added height

Depends on if you want to spend the money on what the spigot was actually made for, a TRG bipod. Given the choice, I'd take the TRG bipod option. The only reason I am not using it is because I ordered a barrel that is literally a snatch hair too big in diameter and my TRG bipod touches the barrel. So now I have the Harris direct mount and am happy enough with it. My only advice is to blue loctite the two screws to the backbone so they don't back out.

Anyone have the Remington SA version?

Did you have to remove the action (Or front action screw?) when installing the Spigot?

Or only the polymer handguard?