• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo vs. X-Ray Chassis for Tikka T3 ?

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I have a Tikka T3 CTR that needs a chassis.
    Rifle currently has a KRG Midas trigger but is in the factory stock.
    It’s ok, but it doesn’t fit me that well, so it’s time to make a change.
    I’d wait until the Precision Rifle Expo and try the various chassis out, but I don’t want to wait all summer.
    I guess the biggest question is what does the $200.00 price difference get me?

There has been talk of a Bravo Chassis that will accept OEM CTR Magazines, but they haven’t released any info on actually releasing that inlet combo.
    There has been talk of using the KRG TRG extended mag release in the Bravo in conjunction with milling the mag opening sides parallel to make the CTR mag useable. Would this same operation work on the X-Ray ?
    @Massoud

Obligatory current rifle photos:

31826E36-CD71-4BCB-BA3D-BA95CCC2F494.jpeg
    43A9DE31-ABCC-4B0B-B111-73DBE75E9348.jpeg

48 hour Bump - No opinions or information ?
    That's not like this group...
    ETA:
    Brownells had the Bravo Tikka stocks last week for $ 359, then they put a "$ 30 on $ 300" discount w/ free shipping code up on Sunday morning. I was going to drop the coin on a bravo, but they raised the price up to $ 389, negating the $ 30.00 off.
    I didn't fall off of my wallet yet.
    Anyone know of a good price on the Bravo for a Tikka ?

Last edited:
    I got my Tikka Bravo from Altus for $349. I believe shipping with some MDT magazines was $10. Certainly a fair price. I have no complaints of the Bravo on my CTR other than the limited height adjustment in the comb due to the long travel on the bolt. The comb in the picture is the maxed out. You are forced to keep the scope close to the bore, but don't most try anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_20190219_123205.jpg
      IMG_20190219_123205.jpg
      458.6 KB · Views: 1,568
    Reactions: fungames43232
    I got my Tikka Bravo from Altus for $349. I believe shipping with some MDT magazines was $10. Certainly a fair price. I have no complaints of the Bravo on my CTR other than the limited height adjustment in the comb due to the long travel on the bolt. The comb in the picture is the maxed out. You are forced to keep the scope close to the bore, but don't most try anyway?

Do you have an older Bravo? The one I bought last year came with two cheek risers. One like the one you have installed and another with cut out where the recessed portion is reinforced. My T3 CTR bolt will still hit the comb as they seem to use a LA bolt stop, but it moves enough to cycle properly.

I prefer the bravo to X-ray for me. Having ran both now i think the Bravo is more stable or is for me.

I have both (sort of). The X-ray was just converted to a Bravo (with the enclosed fore end). That should say something about which I think is a better feeling stock.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
    I tried out the Bravo. It was fine, but I didn't love it. Ended up going with a Manners T4A from scopelist. It was already inlet for the CTR mags and the ergonomics are much better than the Bravo IMHO. When you add shipping and the cost of a mag to the Bravo price, it's nearly $500. The T4A was a little around $625-$650 IIRC, so the price difference really isn't that bad.

But if you're already into AICS mags for other guns, then the Bravo price makes more sense. I still think the Manners is a significantly better stock, but budgets are budgets.

I was going to put my 22BR Tikka build into a Bravo, but I found a used X-Ray for $300 shipped, so I went with it. I really like it so far. Had to get some weighted spacers to balance it out with the 26" light varmint barrel, but it is nice on barricades, pipes, rails, etc. I was going to buy a Bravo from a vendor on here for $349 shipped. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Attachments

• 5-5-19 075.jpg
      5-5-19 075.jpg
      74.7 KB · Views: 422
    • 5-5-19 059.jpg
      5-5-19 059.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 463
    I have my rifle in a bravo currently. I also have the adjustable butt plate and a spigot. Stainless steel plates for lop. Love the chassis but the down fall for me is the comb. I wish there was a better option or add on to replace the factory part. Otherwise I love it.

I couldn't stand it anymore.

I called Altus over in Baker Florida, ordered a Bravo in Sako Green and got the same $ 349 price that @Areeves08 had in his post above.
    Well, I didn't have to pay for a Triad Stock pack.. The pack that got robbed from my Savage LRP will go back to it's original home.
    That's one way to look at it.
    Now I need to:
    A) buy some AICS pattern mags and sell the 3 CTR pattern mags that I have
    or
    B) Buy the KRG TRG mag release and fire the milling machine up to cut on a brand new chassis

I couldn't stand it anymore.

I called Altus over in Baker Florida, ordered a Bravo in Sako Green and got the same $ 349 price that @Areeves08 had in his post above.
    Well, I didn't have to pay for a Triad Stock pack.. The pack that got robbed from my Savage LRP will go back to it's original home.
    That's one way to look at it.
    Now I need to:
    A) buy some AICS pattern mags and sell the 3 CTR pattern mags that I have
    or
    B) Buy the KRG TRG mag release and fire the milling machine up to cut on a brand new chassis

Between AICS and CTR mags, you’re much better off with AICS. Usable across pretty much all platforms, options for increased capacity, and no worries about feeding/reliability issues.

The upfront cost stings a little but you’ll soon forget when you don’t have to think twice about which mags you’re running.

I have had the Whiskey 3 on a Tikka and the Bravo. Hate to say it but I like the Bravo better. Way lighter and more comfortable to get behind. The cheek piece on the WC3 and Xray blow.

Brownells has a 10 % + Free Shipping coupon code “ NEU “ for today.
    Are the MDT AICS Mags Good to Go in the Tikka / Bravo combo ?
    10 round or 12 round if I want to put extensions on them ?

Last edited:
    Brownells has a 10 % + Free Shipping coupon code “ NEU “ for today.
    Are the MDT AICS Mags Good to Go in the Tikka / Bravo combo ?
    10 round or 12 round if I want to put extensions on them ?

I am running the 12 round MDT mags with PR kits in my 22BR Tikka in a X-Ray. They run great and hold 13.

The CTR mag version of our T3 chassis is in progress but a couple months out. The same process will allow an X-ray T3 to take the TRG/CTR mag as for the Bravo (cut magwell/use TRG mag catch). The front halves of the two chassis are the same at this point though that was not the case for early Bravo's.

The current differences between X-ray and Bravo are:
    -X-ray has different grip size options
    -X-ray has built in buttpad height adjustment, Bravo does not
    -X-ray can use some W-3 items like our long flat and angled bag riders

-Ergonomics and aesthetics are of course different. The Bravo feels close to or better than a TRG, the X-ray is a different style which is very comfortable, just different. Both have a nice thumbshelf

For everyone's situational awareness, there are 3 cheekpiece options for X-ray/Whiskey-3: lo-pro style completely ambi shape, standard included one which is biased to one side (but swappable), and rubber overmolded version of standard shape.

Also, T3 Bravo's have been shipping for awhile now with a special cheekpiece meant for the T3's that have a long action bolt stop. Some short action calibers do for some reason. It's on our website for a nominal amount if you want one. It should allow nearly full bolt travel even though you don't need the travel with the short action calibers.

Thank you gentlemen for your business.
    Justin

The CTR mag version of our T3 chassis is in progress but a couple months out. The same process will allow an X-ray T3 to take the TRG/CTR mag as for the Bravo (cut magwell/use TRG mag catch). The front halves of the two chassis are the same at this point though that was not the case for early Bravo's.

The current differences between X-ray and Bravo are:
    -X-ray has different grip size options
    -X-ray has built in buttpad height adjustment, Bravo does not
    -X-ray can use some W-3 items like our long flat and angled bag riders

-Ergonomics and aesthetics are of course different. The Bravo feels close to or better than a TRG, the X-ray is a different style which is very comfortable, just different. Both have a nice thumbshelf

For everyone's situational awareness, there are 3 cheekpiece options for X-ray/Whiskey-3: lo-pro style completely ambi shape, standard included one which is biased to one side (but swappable), and rubber overmolded version of standard shape.

Also, T3 Bravo's have been shipping for awhile now with a special cheekpiece meant for the T3's that have a long action bolt stop. Some short action calibers do for some reason. It's on our website for a nominal amount if you want one. It should allow nearly full bolt travel even though you don't need the travel with the short action calibers.

Thank you gentlemen for your business.
    Justin

Where can I find the above options? I would like to see the ambi version.

There's an overmolded piece (that is set up for right or left side). Then there's the standard 700 one, and the long action/T3 one (both ambidextrous). I think the standard 700 one you have to call for if you don't have it (but I know with the Bravo it comes with both).

Maybe I'm confused(?), but that's comes to three, right?

There should be another one, we'll look into it, could be a website thing. There's one that is an oval shape sort of like a smaller version of what came on the AICS.

There should be another one, we'll look into it, could be a website thing. There's one that is an oval shape sort of like a smaller version of what came on the AICS.

I would like an ambi version as a lot of matches have a weak side stage.

I would like an ambi version as a lot of matches have a weak side stage.

Looks like we had a little hitch in the symmetrical/ full ambi one. That one uses a different screw size than the current one so it requires special riser posts which are not yet finished. It will be coming though.

The current cheekpiece is ambi but is biased to a RH shooter. You can quickly flip it around if needed but of course not something you want to do during a stage.

Thanks guys,
    Justin

Im in the same boat. What did you end up going with? How did you like it?

Im in the same boat. What did you end up going with? How did you like it?

I sold the chassis and went to a German Gun Stock Raptor. Modified it and added an Area 419 ARCA rail that I added weight to.
    20200227_181632 (2).jpg

Functionally they're the same. But the X ray looks like the Sako TRG folder, except it doesn't fold.

Yes, I'm poor.

I'm new to shooting and have a Tikka so I might as well burn it out and make sure I love the matches and shooting before spending 3k plus on a custom build. Thoughts? Or should I go right to the custom build?

I'm new to shooting and have a Tikka so I might as well burn it out and make sure I love the matches and shooting before spending 3k plus on a custom build. Thoughts? Or should I go right to the custom build?

No, do what you got going on. Learn what you like and don't like, then blow the big wad.

Then you'll have..............
    1600980548607.png

• Haha
    Reactions: 357Max
    I just hope I can learn and put in enough dry fire that I can keep up with the 6mm guys. Im currently running a 6.5 creed.

Do your own thing. I don't compete in PRS (too few matches too far away) but I'm heavy into handgun competition (USPSA carry optics) and I worry about no one's performance but my own every match.

BTW, you are at no disadvantage caliber wise.

Im into uspsa also! Carry optics im running a p320 legion with a romeo 3 max. What do you run? Im really liking the precision rifle tho. I want to make sure I never miss a deer hunting.

I shot my Tikka T3 build today on my KRG bravo chassis, and I’m selling it.

I like the chassis personally, but I think id like an X-Ray more duel the profile of the stock.

Im into uspsa also! Carry optics im running a p320 legion with a romeo 3 max. What do you run? Im really liking the precision rifle tho. I want to make sure I never miss a deer hunting.
    Don’t drop that Romeo. I watched one explode on impact when dropped at a local USPSA match.

I like the chassis personally, but I think id like an X-Ray more duel the profile of the stock.

I think Id like the xray more also. What do you not like about the bravo?

I think Id like the xray more also. What do you not like about the bravo?
    Why not go all the way to the Whiskey-3?

Personally the best looking of all chassis to me. It's what I'm planning on getting eventually.

Guy holstered too quickly on an open rig and it didn’t seat correctly. He took a step and it hit the ground optic first.

He moved to Holosun after that.

I wonder if sig replaced it?

Why not go all the way to the Whiskey-3?

Personally the best looking of all chassis to me. It's what I'm planning on getting eventually.

After owning a W3 I doubt I'll ever own another one. They look cool but I think that's about the only thing they have going for them.