• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo with AW mags (AW cut actions)

I don’t think there’s many people running the aw mags. Lots of folks use the aics mags. Good question. I’m interested in seeing what other people have to say

No one huh... should i just go buy a bunch of MDT AICS 12 rounders?

I have a Bravo/Impact combo and some AWs inbound. Interested to hear any experiences as well.

Not Bravo, but running my TL3 AW cut with a Whiskey 3. Tried AW mags and couldn't get it to feed reliably. Tried tuning feed lips but still couldn't get it to work. Don't have enough experience with tuning mags.

Currently use MDT 12rnd and Accurate mags.

Also got a AW cut Impact barreled action on order. Will see if it works out with a spare Bravo I have.

Just typical magazine fitting (trim the latch for proper height, adjust feed lips for smooth feeding)

Bravo/Impact action w AW mags, 6.5CM:

In my pre-order conversations with KRG I mentioned using AW mags. They sent me one of their "extended" mag catches. My AWs arrived the other day, I installed the catch and they lock in snugly, no trimming needed. Just had to tweak the feed lips a little to get proper feeding geometry. I had been using some magpuls prior to arrival of the AWs and so my load COAL was set for the magpuls. The AWs may need further tweaking if I extend the COAL of my reloads. Very easy to do with a Brownells mag tool I originally purchased for AR mags.

Reactions: deersniper
I had a vector in a bravo with aw and had some issues. Sold the vector, bought a terminus and issued reduced. Tried my stiller, terminus and tl3 and none would work. Sold the aw and run aics or arc mags with great results

I had a vector in a bravo with aw and had some issues. Sold the vector, bought a terminus and issued reduced. Tried my stiller, terminus and tl3 and none would work. Sold the aw and run aics or arc mags with great results
You running AICS still on the Bravo with the Terminus?

Reactions: Matt_3479
I've done a brave and impact 737 with AW mags. Original impact, so had to cut the action open for the customer.

Have put (tested) ultimatum u300 and deadline, both seem to work but require relief at th back of the action. To get the mag up high enough.

I have a bravo at work, and a spare deadline I can take pics, but probably not relevant for you.

I've rarely found a combination that works flawlessly first try. Everything requires tweaking. That's what the gunsmiths job is. If they can't do it, or don't know how, find a different 'smith.

Reactions: deersniper
Thanks for the input. The tweaking part i'll do myself, pretty much debating if im going 60 deg or 90 at this point.

Badger M2013, krg w3, aw mags, no issues, really designed for the 3 lug, no issues with a short throw lug and proper cut, used an extended mag catch on an action once.

As others have said-badger ord 2013, krg bravo, AW mags....love this combo, no issues feeding!

Per my post above...quite the idiot I am. Have not tried KRG's longer mag catch. I just ordered the long mag catch and will retry AW mags with my W3. One is chambered for 6GT (Zeus action), 2nd chambered for 6.5CM (TL3-AW cut).

I was pretty happy I didn't have to trim the mag catch at all. Next, I may experiment on one of the magpul mags and get it to work with the extended catch (sorry for thread drift).

I run a TL3 with AW mag cut. Worked well from day 1. It’s in 308. The only time it has an issue is when I only neck size. It’s hard to push forward with AI AW mags. I switch to 223 and run aics mags with zero issues, but it’s an aics mag in an AW cut.

Checked usual suspects like feed lips not touching bolt, feed lips are straight not wavey, etc ?? Should be hard to feed on an AW mag, specially not in an impact.

Quick update...So i got the longer mag catch from KRG, had to sand it down.

With AICS mags, it fit, but then the feed lips were too high.
With AW mags, it would not fit at all.

After a few sessions sanding down the catch, finally got both AICS and AW mags to fit and work. The mag catch is slightly longer than the one that came with the Chassis.

Sorry i don't have measurements.

Reactions: iceng
Quick update...So i got the longer mag catch from KRG, had to sand it down.

With AICS mags, it fit, but then the feed lips were too high.
With AW mags, it would not fit at all.

After a few sessions sanding down the catch, finally got both AICS and AW mags to fit and work. The mag catch is slightly longer than the one that came with the Chassis.

Sorry i don't have measurements.

I'll be trying this for sure if i stick with the Bravo

Thanks

Reactions: Dooby
I'll be trying this for sure if i stick with the Bravo

Thanks
Just a note, this was done on Whiskey 3 Chassis, not a Bravo.
Picking up my Impact barreled action later today with AW cut, i may put it in a Bravo, but i have a nice ACC ready for it.

Last edited: