• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo with CTR Mags

robpiat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
Roswell, GA
I picked up a KRG bravo that takes the CTR mags because I like the size and feel of them in the factory stock. I am using a factory barrel and to the lands with 140 ELD is 2.945 OAL and my best performer is 2.925. 6.5 Creedmoor.

Loaded that long, the tip doesn't feed reliably and 75% just nose dives into the KRG magwell. Something I never experienced with the CTR stock and bottom metal.

I can probably revise my load to something more normal but I'm curious if I am missing something.

I picked up a KRG bravo that takes the CTR mags because I like the size and feel of them in the factory stock. I am using a factory barrel and to the lands with 140 ELD is 2.945 OAL and my best performer is 2.925. 6.5 Creedmoor.

Loaded that long, the tip doesn't feed reliably and 75% just nose dives into the KRG magwell. Something I never experienced with the CTR stock and bottom metal.

I can probably revise my load to something more normal but I'm curious if I am missing something.
In my experience loading 6.5 Creedmoor in a standard chamber every bullet from 123-142 has performed at a base to ogive length of 2.20" 2.210" which is usually 2.8" to 2.820" overall length depending on the bullet. I would load 15 rounds, 5 at 2.20", 5 at 2.205" and 5 at 2.210 base to ogive. Use a safe load not too hot and see which one groups in a cluster like the 5 side of a die. Then work on the charge weight to tighten it up. That's what I recommend. You can use the Hornady or Sinclair comparators which attach to your dial calipers.

Chase