• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG C4 chasis OR vision chasis

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
I know the C4 is not out yet but the specs are. which would some of you choose the vision or the KRG C4 ?

I have a vision forend on one of my rifles and it’s very well made.

With that said I like the feel of the krg bravo and whiskey 3 chassis and it appears the C4 will be the upgraded version of those. I would personally wait for the C4 based of my preferences.

I have a vision forend on one of my rifles and it’s very well made.

With that said I like the feel of the krg bravo and whiskey 3 chassis and it appears the C4 will be the upgraded version of those. I would personally wait for the C4 based of my preferences.
was about to get a vision but might wait till this C4 comes out

I have a Vision chassis for my AI and a Vision fore end for my Bravo and absolutely love both. The vision buttstock just got put on my AI last week and can not wait for it to get back here Wed. The C4 is definitely a step up from the W3's but i cant say it would pull me away from a Vision for an r700/clone/tikka.

Reactions: never_summer
I have a Vision chassis for my AI and a Vision fore end for my Bravo and absolutely love both. The vision buttstock just got put on my AI last week and can not wait for it to get back here Wed. The C4 is definitely a step up from the W3's but i cant say it would pull me away from a Vision for an r700/clone/tikka.
Is your buttstock a folder?

Is your buttstock a folder?
Yes.

IMG957419.jpg
IMG957417.jpg

Both look legit. Super-modern looking, but you can really bolt shit to most of those holes and spaces, make them bespoke to what you need them to be.

Looks like KRG has updated their site regarding the C-4 and it looks pretty sick... a couple of the pictures look mean.

The Vision looks crazy too, my only reservation would be scoring weights and proprietary bolt-on stuff (coming from Norway).

I had a Bravo I had kitted out to a ~23lb beast, and it honestly worked as well as the MCS-TCS I run now, so I am a believer in KRG's modularity being more than just a gimmick, you can equip them and un-equip them like in a video game. That shit adds up though, that ended up being every bit of a $700-800 Bravo when I was done (still short-money as far as dollar-to-capability though).

The availability of stuff for the C-4 remains to be seen as well, it ain't exactly cheap on its own, so hopefully, some of the already-available KRG accessories will work, but at ~6lbs it's kind of light for a competition chassis until it can be made more bespoke.

I'm probably too poor to be an early adopter, so any intel anyone has to share on either is welcome..?

Old KRG:

tempImage76JNyB.png

Both look legit. Super-modern looking, but you can really bolt shit to most of those holes and spaces, make them bespoke to what you need them to be.

Looks like KRG has updated their site regarding the C-4 and it looks pretty sick... a couple of the pictures look mean.

The Vision looks crazy too, my only reservation would be scoring weights and proprietary bolt-on stuff (coming from Norway).

I had a Bravo I had kitted out to a ~23lb beast, and it honestly worked as well as the MCS-TCS I run now, so I am a believer in KRG's modularity being more than just a gimmick, you can equip them and un-equip them like in a video game. That shit adds up though, that ended up being every bit of a $700-800 Bravo when I was done (still short-money as far as dollar-to-capability though).

The availability of stuff for the C-4 remains to be seen as well, it ain't exactly cheap on its own, so hopefully, some of the already-available KRG accessories will work, but at ~6lbs it's kind of light for a competition chassis until it can be made more bespoke.

I'm probably too poor to be an early adopter, so any intel anyone has to share on either is welcome..?

Old KRG:

View attachment 7909357

I like that bravo. I've got the KRG bravo with the vision forend too.

Btw, you wouldn't be getting anything from vision from Norway. Its in North Venice, FL at GCP rifle co. I was just down there in the shop last Thurs. Tons of shit ready to be cerakoted and shipped in the US.

Reactions: CK1.0
FYI - a little fun fact from KRG on the C4. Had a call with them on the design. The gentleman told me the entire chassis is machined from a solid piece. NO sub assembles as compared to the W3. With the exception of the LOP / riser adjustments obviously. Thats pretty impressive and would make for a seriously rigid platform. 👍

The C4 is definitely a sexy ass chassis. Almost makes me want to build another rifle just to rock one but I got way too much $ dumped into my AI to stray from it.

Reactions: CK1.0
The C4 is a great chassis and you’ll be able to weigh it down quit a bit. Internal forend weights and the sides are mlok so nothing super proprietary in that regard. I have an AI AO so basically a vision chassis. I like it a lot too. Some of it will come down to personal preference. I also really really like the grip and magwell updates on the C4. Especially running AW mags it has a ton of adjustments. The C4 has really impressed me but damn it’s expensive.

Reactions: CK1.0 and BLKWLFK9
I am a big KRG fan and have been running stuff from them for a long time. But I will say that Vision makes quality stuff. So since about 2 weeks ago I run the best of both worlds, a KRG W3 folder and a Vision forearm on my TRG 22. Its great!

If I were to build a new comp gun from the ground up. I would be hard pressed on what to choose. But the C4 looks great.

The C4 is a great chassis and you’ll be able to weigh it down quit a bit. Internal forend weights and the sides are mlok so nothing super proprietary in that regard. I have an AI AO so basically a vision chassis. I like it a lot too. Some of it will come down to personal preference. I also really really like the grip and magwell updates on the C4. Especially running AW mags it has a ton of adjustments. The C4 has really impressed me but damn it’s expensive.
Can the grip be changed? Hard to tell from the pic.

There are going to be different size grip panels similar to the W3. At what point I’m not sure.
Yeah, I was thinking more like putting on the MDT grip that can adjust distance from trigger shoe. Vision will accept any AR grip incl the one I mentioned. Hard to see clearly enough in the published pics but it appears not w the C-4.

I have fairly small hands and often wonder about the many stocks and chassis built for people who can palm a basketball. Haha

There are going to be different size grip panels similar to the W3. At what point I’m not sure.

Glad to hear that. That was my feedback at SHOT. I'm larger than the average bear, so I didn't know how interested they were in having additional sizes per the design.

Yea for sure. The C4 definitely is not an AR-15 style grip, but it does move the hand slightly closer to the trigger than a W3 so if you get a chance to try a W3 you’ll be a little closer for size reference. And the standard panel isn’t really wide either so if you’ve got smaller hands you can still get a good grip on it. But if you have a specific AR-15 grip you love or have to have then yea the vision chassis can definitely provide that.

My vote would be for the ACC Elite ;)

- Josh

I actually would like to take a second give you guys some credit for taking responsibility and owning the snafu from Black Friday... doing the right thing, and honering those deals that some guys got was solid (even though some jerks probably just flipped them). (y)

That earned my respect, and I may very well end up rocking an MDT chassis before too long.

There are a lot of good choices coming on-line these days in the configurable-chassis game...

OK guys seems the KRG C4 has been in a few hands already anyone have any opinions on the C4 vs vision at this time?