• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG C4 Impact Action

anderson22

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2014
Washington
7B70CBED-F04C-4787-BDC5-CD06DD86AA42.jpeg

Attachments

• F066F25D-14D7-4FB0-8E64-E7A3E3D7F96B.jpeg
    F066F25D-14D7-4FB0-8E64-E7A3E3D7F96B.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 145
probably a dumb question but the Lug on my Impact doesn’t fit in the C4, seems just a little wide, wondering if that’s normal? Just doesn’t set in the notched out groove

Last edited:
probably a dumb question but the actions lip doesn’t fit in the C4, seems just a little wide, wondering if that’s normal? Just doesn’t set in the notched out groove
If you are talking about the recoil lug just measure the lug width, thickness and depth then compare those dimensions the lug recess in the chassis.
If they arent dimensionally compatible you may need to have it opened up a bit.

Reactions: anderson22
If you are talking about the recoil lug just measure the lug width, thickness and depth then compare those dimensions the lug recess in the chassis.
If they arent dimensionally compatible you may need to have it opened up a bit.
Are they adjustable?

Are they adjustable?
Did you read the specs from KRG ?
It says "MOST" oversized lugs will fit not all.
Rem 700 actions and clones recoil lugs have so many different shapes and thickness variations it would be best to call and verify with the manufacturer before dropping nearly 2K on a chassis.

Not sure if its just the lighting but it looks like the lug is making contact in the three places noted on your picture.
Can you confirm.
20230425_081645.jpg

714B0761-C257-49B9-A665-FDB96AC4D62C.jpeg

Attachments

• 92675282-95F6-4807-B2D4-7AD331C4F6B1.jpeg
    92675282-95F6-4807-B2D4-7AD331C4F6B1.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 46FDCB03-3DC1-4088-B18A-773C4D084DCA.jpeg
    46FDCB03-3DC1-4088-B18A-773C4D084DCA.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 138
It would be pretty funny if KRG’s new competition chassis doesn’t fit tHe MoSt PoPuLaR PRS aCtIoN eVeR
How can you put this on KRG when a customer modifies/beds their chassis to fit a specific action then a 2nd owner has fitment issues with a different action?

When that chassis left KRG, the OP's 737 would have dropped in nicely with no issues.

./

Last edited:
How can you put this on KRG when a customer modifies/beds their chassis to fit a specific action then a 2nd owner has fitment issues with a different action?

When that chassis left KRG, the OP's 737 would have dropped in nicely with no issues.

./
I’m not putting this on KRG, I did buy this used but the guy I bought it from did not modify it in any way. I did contact KRG and they told me some actions might not fit and would need to be filed out, due to some of the recoil lugs being too large (wide). I’m not angry in any way, I’m just happy I got it filed out to make it fit:) it was a very very tedious job.

I’m not putting this on KRG, I did buy this used but the guy I bought it from did not modify it in any way. I did contact KRG and they told me some actions might not fit and would need to be filed out, due to some of the recoil lugs being too large (wide). I’m not angry in any way, I’m just happy I got it filed out to make it fit:) it was a very very tedious job.
Just to be clear, I wasn't pointing a finger at you for posting and asking for help. That is what this forum is for.

I was just expecting the studs already on here with experience to do a better job of steering you.

Question: Did you send KRG the pic of your bedded lug area?
Could you please ask them if any C4s left their business with bedding compound already added and post their reply here?
Thanks

. . . . .and we are glad you got your rig squared away to start enjoying.

./

Just to be clear, I wasn't pointing a finger at you for posting and asking for help. That is what this forum is for.

I was just expecting the studs already on here with experience to do a better job of steering you.

Question: Did you send KRG the pic of your bedded lug area?
Could you please ask them if any C4s left their business with bedding compound already added and post their reply here?
Thanks

. . . . .and we are glad you got your rig squared away to start enjoying.

./
I got a return phone call from them after I left a message earlier that morning, I just explained to him what was going on and he said he knew exactly what I was talking about and didn’t need pictures. He said that he has heard of a few not fitting correctly. But he said it wouldn’t be a hard job to file it out and get it to fit properly, I took some calipers home and got it to fit perfectly with the measurements I took. The funny thing is I asked a few people before I purchased it if it would drop right in and they both said yes. One of them is very well known. The very well known guy said he has one in his rifle and didn’t need any adjustments or filing. Kinda odd. I will reach back out to them today and try and get your last question answered about the bedding compound:) all in all I love the chassis and would definitely buy another!!

I'd be willing to bet that Terry nailed it. I can't imagine a reason why KRG would add bedding compound to their chassis. I hope that the material removal was done to the bedding compound and not the recoil lug. You can see in the photo from KRG that there is plenty of room in the unmolested chassis.

C4X-D08.jpg

I'd be willing to bet that Terry nailed it. I can't imagine a reason why KRG would add bedding compound to their chassis. I hope that the material removal was done to the bedding compound and not the recoil lug. You can see in the photo from KRG that there is plenty of room in the unmolested chassis.

C4X-D08.jpg
Definitely could be, I did remove the bedding compound. I did not mess with the action one bit. I really curious to see what KRG says. I’ll keep you guys posted

Attachments

• CAFCBDAF-E42D-4EFE-AE16-41483B1B9103.jpeg
    CAFCBDAF-E42D-4EFE-AE16-41483B1B9103.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Milf Dots
🤣 you might have started the conversation with bought used, and bedding is a modification if it is not the way it left KRG.
Glad it fits in there for you now

Just got off the phone with David from KRG and he did mention that the grey bedding does not come with a new chassis and that was part of the reason it didn’t fit correctly. I learned a valuable lesson, study and learn more about the chassis before buying:) not a huge deal, all I was out was 2 hours of my time getting it in:) thanks for all the help you guys and input. Lesson Learned

Hog it out some and bed it for yours now? You already have time invested after all and it’s a nice thing to learn to do. Some shoe polish and devcon/marinetex/jbweld is all it really takes.

I'd say the previous owner did an outstanding job at bedding. How did they get the flat bottom "trough" to match up so neatly? Is there some make of action that extends forward of the lug that requires that square trough?

The real question is, even though I made the bedding wider to fit the recoil lug would you take the bedding all the way out. My only concern is that the front of the action is a little higher than the back of the action. I almost feel it’s not seated all the way down. Again it’s very very minimal. Not sure if that little rise in the front would affect the accuracy? To a blind eye you really can’t see it but I do:)

Attachments

• 93A5B007-33CB-4073-A0C8-B0DD7F47278F.jpeg
    93A5B007-33CB-4073-A0C8-B0DD7F47278F.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 29
If the bottom of the recoil lug was making contact, I’d want that clearanced. I only want contact on the bottom of the action, essentially surrounding the two action screws. Some people like to support the sides as well; I don’t think it’s necessary but I don’t mind if epoxy ends up there.

What I absolutely don’t want is the bottom of the action at the front action screw to be lifted off the chassis because the recoil lug is bottomed out. This could lead to uneven forces on the action.