• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Chassis Accessories-Whatcha Wanna See

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
2B17B393-B19B-4DAB-8889-CB50E86594B1.jpg

Alright everyone, I've had some requests for improved grip panels and some other pieces. What those pieces are, I want to keep secret as not to sway opinion.

A nice hide member sent out this chassis set, and I've got scans and reverse engineered all components. Now we are ready to bust out some new parts!

Ready, set, go with your suggestions.

More grip size options or a modular grip. Something that is similar to what MDT and MPA are doing to help keep KRG up with competition. If you venture into fore-ends, fore-ends with more mlok options to put weights or other things on. Possibly a wider fore-end too like the MPA matrix pro has and what the MDT baker wings add. Fore-ends with integrated arca would be nice as well. Also, weights for enclosed fore-end. I have an enclosed fore-end with a steel bar going down the inside of it to add weight. I have had a hard time getting mine to balance far enough forward while it has a razor on it. I'd be curious to see how well you could make a 3D printed bag rider too. KRGs are like $35 for a piece of molded plastic. When I used to have the aluminum fore-end, I would get frustrated by the lack of magwell guard like you see on other chassis. That would be nice so you can drive into a sand bag and not mess with your mag.

A forend with a built in ARCA rail, but also mount forend weights that are stackable, and the bottom of the weights line up across the bottom to essentially make it a wide-flat bottom forend. Like the AT-X does with WinTac or Sawtooth weights.
Also a bigger guard for the magwell so when you’re on a bag, it doesn’t push against the mag

Reactions: Mxridr
View attachment 7883841

Alright everyone, I've had some requests for improved grip panels and some other pieces. What those pieces are, I want to keep secret as not to sway opinion.

A nice hide member sent out this chassis set, and I've got scans and reverse engineered all components. Now we are ready to bust out some new parts!

Ready, set, go with your suggestions.
- Definitely a grip size between the standard and the large. If "overmolding" with rubber is possible that would be awesome. Similar in feel to the Ergo Vertical precision grip.

- A cheek riser similar to the Cadex design pictured. Please allow bolt removal without pulling off the cheek riser.

- Enclosed Fore end planels that attach and cover the entire length if desired. Thin , the Fore end is fat as it is. Those non Mlok holes are like cheese graters.

Thanks ! 😎

Attachments

• Resized_20220601_194748_8387586595548~2.jpeg
    Resized_20220601_194748_8387586595548~2.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Resized_20220328_125641~2.jpeg
    Resized_20220328_125641~2.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: mwd92870
A larger barricade with a more serrated face, arca rail built in on all fore ends, a better weight system to help balance, a larger thumb shelf or adjustable thumb shelf, adjustable but stock on the bravo

Attachments

• 5552EBDB-197E-47A8-9894-8B29D6940834.jpeg
    5552EBDB-197E-47A8-9894-8B29D6940834.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 17484FF5-C9DC-4DCC-80CA-3613EE70DA1C.jpeg
    17484FF5-C9DC-4DCC-80CA-3613EE70DA1C.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 175
Something to cover the hole under the cheek piece of a Bravo.

A stand alone Tikka T1x subframe that I could us with some older stocks and furniture.

Reactions: Bucket
Extended handguard with built in arca, barricade stop, full length mlock for weights and preferably ways to add internal weight, and adjustable, removable top cover/night vision bridge that doesn’t have picatinny on it. I like shooting with thumb over the barrel pinching into bags for barricades.

I currently have the visions forend but still waiting on the night vision bridge.

For the grip area, adjustable grip front to back to get trigger reach where you want it. And a thumb shelf that’s adjustable front to back as well as rotates to get the angle right. And please make it big enough.

Last edited:
While you're at it a piece to fill in the right side bolt cut for those of us who had to convert the chassis to left handed. Tikka if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
The ability to remove the "backbone" so you can have one chassis and swap from tikka, Remington, or custom action.

The ability to remove the "backbone" so you can have one chassis and swap from tikka, Remington, or custom action.
You can remove the backbone. Problem is the handguards are different too. Only thing that swaps is the buttstock.

Way late to this party, but better late than never I suppose? Something I think would be a great quality of life improvement is adding serrations to the cheek riser posts and including a C-clip of some sort, like what KMW uses in their Loggerhead setup (unless they have it patented). I find the riser can sink over a long day of shooting and needs to be re-adjusted or has to be re-set after removing the cheekpiece for any reason. Having a clip to set would prevent both of these by providing a dummy-proof index point.

Release just the backbone for the T1x so that people piece together stocks!

Wasnt commenting on his post. Just answering OP’s post
So you want Tyler (who is the OP) to infringe on what KRG does? Tyler does 3d printing mostly. He was asking what do you want made as an accessory. A backbone isn't an accessory. That is what makes it the chassis that you attach accessories to.

So you want Tyler (who is the OP) to infringe on what KRG does? Tyler does 3d printing mostly. He was asking what do you want made as an accessory. A backbone isn't an accessory. That is what makes it the chassis that you attach accessories to.
Well don’t I fell like a jackass. Completely confused individual here. Please disregard. Ugh

• Haha
Reactions: LeftyJason
I think itd be great if someone offered backbones. My bud has a M2013 LA W3 chassis from 7 years back when he started a build - but now long action M2013s are valorware. I told him to contact KRG and just buy a LA700 backbone, but their response was nope - dont sell em separately. Rip. Its a nice looking paperweight though 😂

Dumb idea…
Protective arca rail cap/cover that would slide on the rail area. Situations where rail gets dinged and becomes almost unusable. Could be made in sections to allow for whatever attachments are needed, just slide em out of the way…

This is what I had to make for my W3 folder.

The stock bag rider was too short for me, I wanted a longer front-back length to ride the bags better and not snag.

The stock cheek piece is pretty weak IMO. I wanted a longer one, and a better shape for the face. I’m going to go back and reshape the aft end of the cheek piece, make it more graceful like a montecarlo stock.

As you can see, I also added grip tape for better feel. Fitted panels would be better than my ghetto solution.

DD042AF9-31EA-4225-95E2-37AB5B12572C.jpeg

8C6CD368-7A1B-4F7D-AFE6-9A226A86787D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ZF-1 and Jerry V
I think we have the cheekpiece and bagriders done actually-among some other doodads. Maybe early 2023 we will release-have another big printer just waiting for more power so we can have much more capacity.

This is what I had to make for my W3 folder.

The stock bag rider was too short for me, I wanted a longer front-back length to ride the bags better and not snag.

The stock cheek piece is pretty weak IMO. I wanted a longer one, and a better shape for the face. I’m going to go back and reshape the aft end of the cheek piece, make it more graceful like a montecarlo stock.

As you can see, I also added grip tape for better feel. Fitted panels would be better than my ghetto solution.

View attachment 8013899

View attachment 8013900
Update re-shaped cheek piece

D254D065-5E6A-4002-B7BC-380A9D99C4EB.jpeg

8DD1B513-4A86-43CA-BE22-B0BC7E0DBEF5.jpeg

Reactions: mwd92870