• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Echo Chassis

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh

Not sure who the KRG reps are on here now, but any teasers for us?

I’m hoping this is a “light” bravo with similar grip, longer forend and lighter weight.

IMG_0238.jpeg

A lot of folks on rokslide and elsewhere (me included) requested a lighter version of the Bravo for tikkas and hunting use wifth flush factory mags. This looks pretty dang cool but now that the rokstok was released and is expected to be 1# lighter the desire for the KRG has waned.. Barrel channel looks a little tight for carbons.

looks pretty cool, i'm a big fan of bravos.

A lot of folks on rokslide and elsewhere (me included) requested a lighter version of the Bravo for tikkas and hunting use wifth flush factory mags. This looks pretty dang cool but now that the rokstok was released and is expected to be 1# lighter the desire for the KRG has waned.. Barrel channel looks a little tight for carbons.

looks pretty cool, i'm a big fan of bravos.
The difference might be that the KRG is just incredibly boring. The Rokstok is incredibly ugly.

The brutalist style of non-art should have died with communism, but it lives on today in ‘I only care about utility’ designs. Shooting combines art and science, and a rifle should be as beautiful as it is functional. Throwing beauty to the wind and making it drop dead disgusting for the sake of performance is missing the bigger picture.

The difference might be that the KRG is just incredibly boring. The Rokstok is incredibly ugly.

The brutalist style of non-art should have died with communism, but it lives on today in ‘I only care about utility’ designs. Shooting combines art and science, and a rifle should be as beautiful as it is functional. Throwing beauty to the wind and making it drop dead disgusting for the sake of performance is missing the bigger picture.
Fair point but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, form can sometimes negatively impact function.

Fair point but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, form can sometimes negatively impact function.
Yes, but something can be designed with an appreciation for beauty in mind. True beauty doesn't need to be explained. Taste and beauty are linked, but separate, things. You can stick a Rokstok next to a Foundation, and the Rokstok will win out in function for a hunting stock - but they'd be on extreme poles of the beauty contest.

It is good to see KRG fix the issues the Bravo's have as a hunting stock, particularly the gaps and acute edges around the grip and trigger guard. Tikkas have become really popular for hunting and this should be a good mover.

It is good to see KRG fix the issues the Bravo's have as a hunting stock, particularly the gaps and acute edges around the grip and trigger guard. Tikkas have become really popular for hunting and this should be a good mover.
Yet they ignore guys who wanna run actions with trigger hangers, and not
Trying to start a bash fest cuz I love their stuff, especially the bravo line

Reactions: Hennig
Epic fail KRG.
Not only should Sako Green option but it should be the only option.

Jokes aside (not joking BTW) if they have lost some weight from the ass end to allow for better balance with a sporter barrel then this would be pretty sweet, if its aimed at hunters but still ass heavy then it’s considerably less exciting.

They should pair up with Tikka and offer these as a complete CTR rifle.

Never mind, just noticed these take the standard T3 mags..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dendro
If they would just release a folder that takes an AR type grip and a longer, Bravo type forend, that would be exciting.

This is a flop and I love KRG.

What does this offer that a Bravo does not? And the Bravo gives you AICS mags.

Reactions: 308pirate
If they would just release a folder that takes an AR type grip and a longer, Bravo type forend, that would be exciting.

This is a flop and I love KRG.

What does this offer that a Bravo does not? And the Bravo gives you AICS mags.
I'm guessing they've received a lot of requests for an option to use factory Tikka magazines, hence this.

Not everyone wants to run AICS magazines, and it looks like it's slightly simplified over the Bravo. I'm guessing it'll end up cheaper too.

If it lost a little more weight and came in a proper colour then it'd be a pretty appealing option for hunters (price depending).

I'm guessing they've received a lot of requests for an option to use factory Tikka magazines, hence this.

Not everyone wants to run AICS magazines, and it looks like it's slightly simplified over the Bravo. I'm guessing it'll end up cheaper too.

If it lost a little more weight and came in a proper colour then it'd be a pretty appealing option for hunters (price depending).
This why I'm interested, now I don't have to pick up an aluminum bottom metal and wait half my life for someone to build a stock.

Hi everyone! This is John from KRG. I just wanted to shed some light on a few things here. First off, the release posted in this thread above was an early copy so not all info is correct (misspelling included 🤦‍♂️). At this time I'm unable to offer full specs, but an official announcement will be coming soon. While not finalized, I can say that our target price upon release will be in the sub $300 range. We appreciate everyone's support!

Carbon and aluminum chassis at an introductory price of $499.🙏

Hi everyone! This is John from KRG. I just wanted to shed some light on a few things here. First off, the release posted in this thread above was an early copy so not all info is correct (misspelling included 🤦‍♂️). At this time I'm unable to offer full specs, but an official announcement will be coming soon. While not finalized, I can say that our target price upon release will be in the sub $300 range. We appreciate everyone's support!

Ok. Makes a bit more sense now seeing price.

Reactions: zunrj5
Can you bolt in the flat bag rider piece or that doesn't work with this?

Definitely intrigued by this. For a long action Tikka hunting rifle, I like the idea of using the factory mags, they are low profile, lightweight and they work. I get everyone wants AICS, I usually do too, but this will be a nice option at a pretty amazing price point.

Reactions: J-Roger
I’m stoked for this. Tikka long action with factory mags in a stock that allows easy manipulation of the safety and bolt? Looks great to me.

Yes it could be lighter (but we could say that about everything), but after hunping a Bravo around the mountains any amount of weight savings is good

Hope to see this at SHOT!

I’m stoked for this. Tikka long action with factory mags in a stock that allows easy manipulation of the safety and bolt? Looks great to me.

Yes it could be lighter (but we could say that about everything), but after hunping a Bravo around the mountains any amount of weight savings is good
I don't mind the weight of the Bravo/Echo, sure it's not a carbon stock but it's not bad all things considered.
It's the weight being all at the back end that I'd like to see improved (if possible).

This isn't specific to KRG, most chassis end up being rear heavy and need weight or a heavy barrel to balance out nicely.
If KRG were able to shed some weight from the rear of the chassis then the Bravo/Echo would be an amazing option with virtually no down sides (considering the price).

Out of curiosity, max barrel diameter?

Reactions: wind gypsy

I don't find the rokstok "drop dead disgusting" but i also don't buy my wrenches and ratchets based on looks or hire an interior designer for my home.

Maybe someone will come around and build similar ergos to the rokstok for folks concerned about being beautiful when they go hunting or to the range. I'm excited to have something that's more than another rehash of a micky a3 or a5 and for a reasonable price.

I don't find the rokstok "drop dead disgusting" but i also don't buy my wrenches and ratchets based on looks or hire an interior designer for my home.

Maybe someone will come around and build similar ergos to the rokstok for folks concerned about being beautiful when they go hunting or to the range. I'm excited to have something that's more than another rehash of a micky a3 or a5 and for a reasonable price.

It looks like it was inspired by a squatted pickup truck. I’m all for function over form but damn is that one ugly stock.

Reactions: carbonbased
Can you bolt in the flat bag rider piece or that doesn't work with this?
Sorry, this one doesn't accept the Bravo inserts.

Out of curiosity, max barrel diameter?
There are two channel inserts that will be available for the chassis. These increase the stiffness in the forend and blend the barrel channel with lighter barrel contours (feedback we've gotten from those running lighter barrels). The narrow insert is approx 0.85" at the tip and the wide is 0.95".

We'll have more info coming soon. Thanks fellas!

Sorry, this one doesn't accept the Bravo inserts.

There are two channel inserts that will be available for the chassis. These increase the stiffness in the forend and blend the barrel channel with lighter barrel contours (feedback we've gotten from those running lighter barrels). The narrow insert is approx 0.85" at the tip and the wide is 0.95".

We'll have more info coming soon. Thanks fellas!
So the wide should fit a CTR/Varmint barrel?

It looks like it was inspired by a squatted pickup truck. I’m all for function over form but damn is that one ugly stock.
I listened to the podcast they did about the Rokstok, hearing them describe it I thought "this thing is going to look strange" and yeah ugly AF.

If it works, great!
But if it doesn't, well I guess it'll compliment the SWFA sitting on top of the rifle.

If they don't lean into "FORM follows function" then that'll be a missed opportunity.

Reactions: 243 Winchester
@zunrj5 have you guys looked into the possibilty of shaving some weight from the butt of the Bravo?
I can't be the only person that finds it too rear heavy to balance well with a short/thinner profile barrel.

Anyone using if for PRS can easily add the steel spacers to gain the weight back.

I've thought about drillign some lightening holes, or hacking away at the inside but thus far haven't been brave enough to try.

@zunrj5 have you guys looked into the possibilty of shaving some weight from the butt of the Bravo?
I can't be the only person that finds it too rear heavy to balance well with a short/thinner profile barrel.

Anyone using if for PRS can easily add the steel spacers to gain the weight back.

I've thought about drillign some lightening holes, or hacking away at the inside but thus far haven't been brave enough to try.
There was a guy on Rokslide that did some work to lighten up a Bravo. I think it did shave a little weight but if I remember correctly the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Do a search for Juan ID

I've looked into it as well. KRG's polymer compound is just heavy. It's just about invincible, and it comes with a weight cost.

• Sad
Reactions: beetroot

We're looking into some options for this, but as always it's a balance between strength, weight, and price.