• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Enclosed Forend

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    Can someone tell me what the mounting situation is on the bottom of the KRG enclosed forend. I'm going to get one and I want to go ahead and order an ARCA rail for it but I cant find anything specific as far as the attachment setup. The actual KRG rail is out of stock. I'm assuming its MLok, but I'm not sure and I can't find a length either so that would be helpful too. Much appreciated

It's mlok.

Oh shit, totally misread your post. Can't even blame it on bourbon!

Last edited:
    So then it is specific to the enclosed forend and any ol mlok arca rail will not work?
    The only issue you might have is clearing the button head screws that attach the enclosed forend to the chassis. I'll take mine apart and post a picture of what I mean.

*Edit* nevermind. The button head screws are only for the long action chassis.

Last edited:
    Right under 13.75"
    I'm sure any mlok would work. It's just not how the KRG one attaches.

20210402_171811.jpg

Right under 13.75"
    I'm sure any mlok would work. It's just not how the KRG one attaches.

View attachment 7596271
    God bless you sir! I'm gonna call KRG Monday and see if they will be making another run. Also, I sent a message to Sawtooth but haven't heard back yet. I have quite a few of his at this point and they're really solid. If worse comes to worse, I'll get a generic rail from Area419 or somebody and use a little red neck constructiveness.

The only issue you might have is clearing the button head screws that attach the enclosed forend to the chassis. I'll take mine apart and post a picture of what I mean.

*Edit* nevermind. The button head screws are only for the long action chassis.
    I found this print on Area 419's website for their weighted rail. Looking at the print, can you make any predictions as to the fitment?

Attachments

• Area419.png
      Area419.png
      189.3 KB · Views: 109
    Please report back. I just got my KRG enclosed rail and was looking to put on something. Area 419 has the 14 inch version. They have showed pictures of it on a Whiskey 3 chassis but not the enclosed forend. Be curious what it will look like. Also if KRG will be getting some ARCA rails in.

Please report back. I just got my KRG enclosed rail and was looking to put on something. Area 419 has the 14 inch version. They have showed pictures of it on a Whiskey 3 chassis but not the enclosed forend. Be curious what it will look like. Also if KRG will be getting some ARCA rails in.
    I just got an email back from then (only took like 2hrs !) and they said they don't have an ETA on the ARCA for the enclosed forend

Reactions: gotcoffee
    The fact that they don’t machine the Arca into the forend is so 2000 late.. Before it’s all said and done basically $400 for a forend with Arca..I’m gonna keep saving for an AI🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: khuber84
    I just got an email back from then (only took like 2hrs !) and they said they don't have an ETA on the ARCA for the enclosed forend
    Man thats a bummer. I was hoping they were going to update to something like the ArcaLock. Maybe I will just run a shorter Arcalock. They have showed that they do work on the KRG Chassis.

The fact that they don’t machine the Arca into the forend is so 2000 late.. Before it’s all said and done basically $400 for a forend with Arca..I’m gonna keep saving for an AI🤷🏼‍♂️
    They do have an aluminum forend that has ARCA but I want the fully enclosed one which doesn't...yet. I have a Bravo that I love and adding that enclosed forend is gonna take it up a notch. When I'm said and done, with the closed forend, Arca spigot, ARCA along the bottom, and some other accessories, it's approaching ideal for me and will come in around $900. And in my case, I'm putting a left hand Nucleus in it and I couldn't find an AI that would work. I like the stock-like feel with the usability of a chassis. I also teetered on the Xylo. It's a freakin work of art imo, but in the end it came down to how it feels for me

KRG's website says you can't run the spigot with the enclosed forend. I've seen it in pictures but I don't think it's drop in.

Yeah I roger that, I did look at their Arca forend a while back along with that new XL spigot.. wouldn’t be a bad route to go really, just wish they had ARCA milled into the enclosed.. I do like my Bravos as well for the reasons you mentioned above.. Maybe try Henderson Precision for an ARCA rail to go on the bottom of the enclosed🤷🏼‍♂️

KRG's website says you can't run the spigot with the enclosed forend. I've seen it in pictures but I don't think it's drop in.
    True that, that was another reason I decided not to go enclosed.. In my mind the enclosed forend looks the best on a shorty where you basically see a suppressor sticking out the forend 🔥🔥 Maybe I should be planning a 18” .308 build😆

KRG doesn't make a spigot for the enclosed forend, and I thought the normal one looked a little janky when I was going to add it... so I made my own.

First time using Fusion 360 and had my buddy print this in PLA+. Uses a slight press fit into the channels in the forend, and is anchored down by two screws and retaining plates from my giant box of KRG hardware. Quite rigid, no complaints thus far.

QDjlH90Xc_Od1M4gtFnpCE1oxrPeAZA3tX_Bgs92NPU_KIFMLwN9HGaq9L4gM9ka-9IXVS1Va8jSPp-UdzStLkRIvb-QLip9YSJcGYaVckHghul9r-2NIYkWCoNa4-8K1n88HUV3Cg8nqXU0DOUYAvNnwoERzB55cBrH1TCp9pZXFO3MucTfGn-Zhc286FrsV1wXfNLGkD7rMGwfiazvl3JTU6jO9HxRUVk1Sb2dD7nRY_0Gf-Ef1Sf3iRdbryuteglc_tj92UEISdrAuMaKkcNat-cObkYNg53i2ofDHNoEbU9fH2CHBHEh81fk_rIbXojm0BJXOVuKQrq7o4jVhkeBEO7CrcYpGLl23YP-v97rTqQztIF-Kq46rj2L7-zKlF0nBnTTFcFD5MP3lVNesIkg5n7t3zRCfcyU0nsrKCbRLkvY7Jx26acWwyIgO4by-JBK6ewENxaT8dfOBL3IZmwLtTnc8ls5VUaraaVd5K62qV_85dbNNS060LXl3xsn7SNy6jVMnZIgQoD9noNWHEYqmM3Nlhr7kAb9HhM9H7dJUyhKOSJ977zyTe7sIvzAVKQ30hh-Ebl3GbLo1Q6X7cNBPlM4cyoHrYbxPuzz_zAahb7ptp8V3jw8w3Iwl3z8ygpGwOA3B-ELQ9Qy7nhd5_TQDHHTkgUGDb_-JXQx5LvvM0ZkCI6ua0gAI89mnytf2zgm18RMQpIdTGkn7shkTSJq=w1920-h803-no

nHkmyNuTOZqNlQLVNO8SNJoe6TueClj5fzrn_o-o7qu-6Bv_iTBogX4cWDbZAD4XdoGIcr-mC0go3pJFbMUIxKLVZn-P9N1MnBP0fd9HLCJwV5HnWCbtMr0ufLT5wYFe-zSr3iPovEUoE4twEcYkJ_6ITuJnKujMH7DN3fMWx_BfUW4lr8ayZHISnaZI353awSmqlnmTGVU2NadBbz7zQBYtaJ43ovHX0b7UtX1ipnwhKK04AlV-F63qhjAHfPM1FaJZDvV0wRdJ86ZFjwpjJHIXa33prEBdYg7IsdkyIwVxR-V3olFjy8NtQuN8QG4CHpcU_ve59wl4sDj4BfaB7jEmFURo-pjyMLUNjEYH9o7kiKbUEHOkZLG3C4UWKQ-OfQMybBpaEWTNXCDJz_ipxrCNu__p4kx-U7qHnnBSV4moC1homQQr2Ijo3d4dt34j14kjh1SQdjiTt9sCd-fnROFReFFKtbMw6UcvvCgiCltHjO4dNa2om4xGdGXqb3r3qYumMi7WfEyvmWNSYErl7jIvZhChxiPw-WCIQcusBXTTGFUqYACy8m3XnXNgf-G6wYB3UgRdMP1K4tCnzEfU_F1RsIk2EVHDISNU7-VrKCc0abvewE0vNQRFivVjnSACHaVtM9JA80C319xuIEmCJUn6JzM35kHQBb7tuM9VjyVHl9ByS1ojyKPNcNi9Q7wpYrNzX3HBJ5l1_yRosefH41_I=w1532-h937-no

Tikka KRG Spigot v13.png

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
    I bet a heavy steel version of KRG's XL ARCA rail for the enclosed forend is already in the works, might be worth holding out for if you think you'd like the added weight... don't think their internal t-slot weight works with the enclosed forend, so you might want the heavier rail.

I just received and mounted up their new steel Heavy ARCA rail on my Bravo, it adds a full pound over their standard ARCA rail and puts the added weight right where most of us want it.

Probably another topic, but weight is expensive: in my estimation it seems the going rate for steel weights for precision rifles is about ~$60 or more per pound lol.

You’ve probably seen mine, I can’t say I’ve seen any others with it done. Definitely not drop in though.

View attachment 7596410
    Soguys are saying the spigot with the enclosed forend is a no-go, did you have shade tree it or is it actually made to fit? And that's an awesome setup. I was on the fence for like two months over Bravo or W3, which I guess seems odd because they're very different in many ways.

You’ve probably seen mine, I can’t say I’ve seen any others with it done. Definitely not drop in though.
    KRG doesn't make a spigot for the enclosed forend, and I thought the normal one looked a little janky when I was going to add it... so I made my own.

First time using Fusion 360 and had my buddy print this in PLA+. Uses a slight press fit into the channels in the forend, and is anchored down by two screws and retaining plates from my giant box of KRG hardware. Quite rigid, no complaints thus far.

QDjlH90Xc_Od1M4gtFnpCE1oxrPeAZA3tX_Bgs92NPU_KIFMLwN9HGaq9L4gM9ka-9IXVS1Va8jSPp-UdzStLkRIvb-QLip9YSJcGYaVckHghul9r-2NIYkWCoNa4-8K1n88HUV3Cg8nqXU0DOUYAvNnwoERzB55cBrH1TCp9pZXFO3MucTfGn-Zhc286FrsV1wXfNLGkD7rMGwfiazvl3JTU6jO9HxRUVk1Sb2dD7nRY_0Gf-Ef1Sf3iRdbryuteglc_tj92UEISdrAuMaKkcNat-cObkYNg53i2ofDHNoEbU9fH2CHBHEh81fk_rIbXojm0BJXOVuKQrq7o4jVhkeBEO7CrcYpGLl23YP-v97rTqQztIF-Kq46rj2L7-zKlF0nBnTTFcFD5MP3lVNesIkg5n7t3zRCfcyU0nsrKCbRLkvY7Jx26acWwyIgO4by-JBK6ewENxaT8dfOBL3IZmwLtTnc8ls5VUaraaVd5K62qV_85dbNNS060LXl3xsn7SNy6jVMnZIgQoD9noNWHEYqmM3Nlhr7kAb9HhM9H7dJUyhKOSJ977zyTe7sIvzAVKQ30hh-Ebl3GbLo1Q6X7cNBPlM4cyoHrYbxPuzz_zAahb7ptp8V3jw8w3Iwl3z8ygpGwOA3B-ELQ9Qy7nhd5_TQDHHTkgUGDb_-JXQx5LvvM0ZkCI6ua0gAI89mnytf2zgm18RMQpIdTGkn7shkTSJq=w1920-h803-no

nHkmyNuTOZqNlQLVNO8SNJoe6TueClj5fzrn_o-o7qu-6Bv_iTBogX4cWDbZAD4XdoGIcr-mC0go3pJFbMUIxKLVZn-P9N1MnBP0fd9HLCJwV5HnWCbtMr0ufLT5wYFe-zSr3iPovEUoE4twEcYkJ_6ITuJnKujMH7DN3fMWx_BfUW4lr8ayZHISnaZI353awSmqlnmTGVU2NadBbz7zQBYtaJ43ovHX0b7UtX1ipnwhKK04AlV-F63qhjAHfPM1FaJZDvV0wRdJ86ZFjwpjJHIXa33prEBdYg7IsdkyIwVxR-V3olFjy8NtQuN8QG4CHpcU_ve59wl4sDj4BfaB7jEmFURo-pjyMLUNjEYH9o7kiKbUEHOkZLG3C4UWKQ-OfQMybBpaEWTNXCDJz_ipxrCNu__p4kx-U7qHnnBSV4moC1homQQr2Ijo3d4dt34j14kjh1SQdjiTt9sCd-fnROFReFFKtbMw6UcvvCgiCltHjO4dNa2om4xGdGXqb3r3qYumMi7WfEyvmWNSYErl7jIvZhChxiPw-WCIQcusBXTTGFUqYACy8m3XnXNgf-G6wYB3UgRdMP1K4tCnzEfU_F1RsIk2EVHDISNU7-VrKCc0abvewE0vNQRFivVjnSACHaVtM9JA80C319xuIEmCJUn6JzM35kHQBb7tuM9VjyVHl9ByS1ojyKPNcNi9Q7wpYrNzX3HBJ5l1_yRosefH41_I=w1532-h937-no

View attachment 7596492
    did you make a steel version? Any chance I could get this file?

I love my KRG W3, but KRG is definitely behind on what’s currently popular and they usually aren’t that innovative

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
    Soguys are saying the spigot with the enclosed forend is a no-go, did you have shade tree it or is it actually made to fit? And that's an awesome setup. I was on the fence for like two months over Bravo or W3, which I guess seems odd because they're very different in many ways.
    The spigots are designed to attach to the backbone of the chassis. The enclosed forend is longer than the backbone, and would completely cover the spigot if installed in the designed location. So no, you cannot just add the spigot to the enclosed forend without a relatively significant amount of work. There’s a reason you don’t see everyone doing it.

I have an enclosed forend, myself. I wanted to buy a Sawtooth one because his quality is excellent and I have it on my MDT chassis. They didn't offer one for the KRG enclosed. I contacted Matt @sawtooth and he made me a prototype. They were supposed to go on sale live in March but I don't know what happened. Either way, I'm happy with the prototype he made. I don't use my KRG rail now.

Attachments

• 20210403_084747.jpg
      20210403_084747.jpg
      317.8 KB · Views: 359
    • 20210403_085415.jpg
      20210403_085415.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 256
    I have an enclosed forend, myself. I wanted to buy a Sawtooth one because his quality is excellent and I have it on my MDT chassis. They didn't offer one for the KRG enclosed. I contacted Matt @sawtooth and he made me a prototype. They were supposed to go on sale live in March but I don't know what happened. Either way, I'm happy with the prototype he made. I don't use my KRG rail now.
    I may have to message him as that looks exactly what I wanted.

I may have to message him as that looks exactly what I wanted.
    Yea that's awesome. I sent him a message but haven't heard back but when I do I'll bring this. I'd be happy to pay a ridicules premium just to get the thing

The spigots are designed to attach to the backbone of the chassis. The enclosed forend is longer than the backbone, and would completely cover the spigot if installed in the designed location. So no, you cannot just add the spigot to the enclosed forend without a relatively significant amount of work. There’s a reason you don’t see everyone doing it.
    gotcha

Yea that's awesome. I sent him a message but haven't heard back but when I do I'll bring this. I'd be happy to pay a ridicules premium just to get the thing
    If you talk with him let him know that others our interested. Maybe it will I courage him to start making them.

If you talk with him let him know that others our interested. Maybe it will I courage him to start making them.
    He is making them. As I said, they were supposed to be going live in March. Unless plans changed then I would give it just a bit.

Reactions: gotcoffee
    I love my KRG W3, but KRG is definitely behind on what’s currently popular and they usually aren’t that innovative

Yes and no.

KRG probably sells more Bravo's than every other chassis out there combined, regardless of brand (even more so now that they offer a 10-22 option), so I bet they're more focused on manufacturing and shipping the stuff they already make more so than designing new stuff...

That said, their accessories and bolt-on options are still constantly expanding with new things trickling out over time, and they're probably the only company that doesn't keep all the coolest stuff just for their top-tier chassis offerings.

I've had a Bravo since I started shooting long range, and have had a Manners and a couple other chassis come and go... but since I've been able to just bolt-on more capability to the Bravo when I've needed to, it has "kept up with the times" without me having to scrap it and get something else. Most/many of the other companie's lower/mid-tier chassis' are throw-aways once new trends emerge with no option to add upgrades. I think their model of modularity, "upgrade as you go, add what you want", is still very innovative.

Yes and no.

KRG probably sells more Bravo's than every other chassis out there combined, regardless of brand (even more so now that they offer a 10-22 option), so I bet they're more focused on manufacturing and shipping the stuff they already make more so than designing new stuff...

That said, their accessories and bolt-on options are still constantly expanding with new things trickling out over time, and they're probably the only company that doesn't keep all the coolest stuff just for their top-tier chassis offerings.

I've had a Bravo since I started shooting long range, and have had a Manners and a couple other chassis come and go... but since I've been able to just bolt-on more capability to the Bravo when I've needed to, it has "kept up with the times" without me having to scrap it and get something else. Most/many of the other companie's lower/mid-tier chassis' are throw-aways once new trends emerge with no option to add upgrades. I think their model of modularity, "upgrade as you go, add what you want", is still very innovative.
    I tend to agree. For $350 it's certainly as good was you can get, actually well over that imo. But I like, as you said, being able to add to as my needs/wants change.

Looks like those go together nicely. The enclosed forehead would probably work great with Area419's weight-tunable rail too then.
    They do look good together. The weighted rail is slightly longer I do believe, if that would matter to user.

I’d like to see them make an Enclosed Forend that’s about 2 to 3inches longer and integrated Arca rail.

View attachment 7596492
    Where can I buy these ? :) My girl wants one .

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_214636.jpg
      IMG_20190905_214636.jpg
      267.6 KB · Views: 257
    Bringing back a little bit of an old thread.

Those of you running enclosed forends, what are the real benefits to it? I think they look nicer for sure but other than that do they change recoil impulse? Make them more balanced? Obviously the new ARCA integrated enclosed forend is a bug step in the right direction. Just wondering what the benefits are. Debating on one for my xray.

Those of you running enclosed forends, what are the real benefits to it? I think they look nicer for sure but other than that do they change recoil impulse? Make them more balanced? Obviously the new ARCA integrated enclosed forend is a bug step in the right direction. Just wondering what the benefits are. Debating on one for my xray.
    I bought mine 100% for looks. It’s a real performer in that department. If I happen to trip and fall into a pile of cash, maybe I’ll get a clip-on for it.

When you start shooting outside of the prone, it allows you to use a thumb over bore technique without contacting the barrel. That was the biggest advantage I found. I also think it helped break up barrel mirage to some degree.

Reactions: shawnjs2002