• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG gen 4 Xray

I saw the tease. But that’s about it. Won’t be in the market for one. But I am still excited to see what they release

I have an X-ray, but am curious if the improvements can be bought and added on to update an older one

1578552221200.png

I do like the KMW stock a lot personally, but you'll still recognize this one as an X-ray, just improved.

Justin

i think it looks very KMWish. Hopefully it’s not as ugly as the mdt crossover lol

I just saw that. I'm not pleased at how it is "Bravo inspired", to put it politely, however I'm not unhappy that they didn't make it more attractive, again to put it politely, or price it even close.
Justin

P.S. Our Bravo is getting love this year too, the Spigot Minimalist being the first new accessory item and those started shipping a month or two ago.

Last edited:
Longer forend please....
That's what keeps me from getting a KRG for all my rifles. A longer forend with full length ARCA incorporated would be perfection.

Wish granted: https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/arca-forend/

I currently own 6 KRG chassis' and have never thought them too short, but we obviously have very different needs.

Given the backbone design, machining an extended length Aluminum forend should be a very simple task @Massoud ??

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicBurlap
The longer forends are the Enclosed Forend which adds I think 5", the same as what a Spigot would add.

The forend and backbone are the length they are because they were originally designed to fit a Sako TRG-22. Our first products to hit the market were all TRG oriented (mag conversion kit, action wrench, then the folding rear a bit later).

We always have stuff in the works so keep an eye out.
Justin

The longer forends are the Enclosed Forend which adds I think 5", the same as what a Spigot would add.

The forend and backbone are the length they are because they were originally designed to fit a Sako TRG-22. Our first products to hit the market were all TRG oriented (mag conversion kit, action wrench, then the folding rear a bit later).

We always have stuff in the works so keep an eye out.
Justin

I would literally replace all my chassis with Bravos/Xrays if a longer forend with implemented ARCA was a standard option. I'm just not a huge fan of bolting this and that on to achieve something that is a standard offering nowadays from many of your competitors. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Chasing3
I would literally replace all my chassis with Bravos/Xrays if a longer forend with implemented ARCA was a standard option. I'm just not a huge fan of bolting this and that on to achieve something that is a standard offering nowadays from many of your competitors. Keep up the good work!

On my ACC, I can put a pic rail under the integral ARCA because there are M-Loc slots on the flat bottom of the chassis...
Someone thought that out and included those slots in the CNC code.
ARCA is so much superior to Pic rails for bipods and barricade stops.
I wouldn't buy a chassis without an ARCA now.

That will be interesting.

I had a X-ray, very nice chassis.

I have Bravo and 2 Whiskey.

I had MDT ESS chassis before KRG, liked those too, but KRG is the chassis that i really felt in love.
Specially on the X-ray and Whiskey, that thump shelf is mui bueno.

Interesting to see, what the guys at the KRG have done in the X-ray.

I am quite sure that the biggest thing is at in the rear stock.

Maybe not alloy, or it would be a competitor for the Whiskey, but modern plastic is not what it was a decade ago.

There is all kind of new industry improvment on that section too, so i bet there will be something nice.

Reactions: Massoud
On my ACC, I can put a pic rail under the integral ARCA because there are M-Loc slots on the flat bottom of the chassis...
Someone thought that out and included those slots in the CNC code.
ARCA is so much superior to Pic rails for bipods and barricade stops.
I wouldn't buy a chassis without an ARCA now.
MDT ACC Chasss $1,099.95, KRG Bravo $349
If I add the ARCA rail, the adjustable buttpad, a barricade stop on an ARCA clamp, either a regular, ARCA rail, or minimalist spigot mount I'm still nowhere near the ACC price and can still have a Pic rail on the bottom. Case in point a Bravo I currently have waiting for its barreled action to be delivered.

Attachments

• 20200110_105702 C-Edit.jpeg
    20200110_105702 C-Edit.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 20200110_105740 C-Edit.jpeg
    20200110_105740 C-Edit.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Wyzrd and viking78
I
If I add the ARCA rail, the adjustable buttpad, a barricade stop on an ARCA clamp, either a regular, ARCA rail, or minimalist spigot mount I'm still nowhere near the ACC price and can still have a Pic rail on the bottom. Case in point a Bravo I currently have waiting for its barreled action to be delivered.
I'm absolutely fine with them raising the retail price to reflect the improvements.

Longer forend please....
That's what keeps me from getting a KRG for all my rifles. A longer forend with full length ARCA incorporated would be perfection.

I
I'm absolutely fine with them raising the retail price to reflect the improvements.

The price they sell for is great. I can figure out how to add the $85 rail.

At the price they sell for you can grab the aluminum ARCA forend and still save money over other options.

Telling me you're too lazy to swap the forend? Or just too lazy to call KRG and let them talk you through the parts and pieces you'd want to get where you're going?

I don't think they made a big announcement, but KRG has started selling a Whiskey-3 Comp chassis, with the aluminum arca forend and arca spigot. It's a nice discount over buying a W3 and adding those parts yourself:

CMP-WX3-BLK-01.jpg

I picked up the ACC during their Black Friday sale, so it was 40% off. At that price, there was no reason not to upgrade significantly.
i still have my Bravo, it has its strong points as a hunting stock - simple, quiet and lighter than the ACC.

I just saw that. I'm not pleased at how it is "Bravo inspired", to put it politely, however I'm not unhappy that they didn't make it more attractive, again to put it politely, or price it even close.
Justin

P.S. Our Bravo is getting love this year too, the Spigot Minimalist being the first new accessory item and those started shipping a month or two ago.
So you are saying to wait until after shot show for an improved Bravo also? Thanks!

So you are saying to wait until after shot show for an improved Bravo also? Thanks!
That's not how i read this, what I read is more accessory items for the Bravo to follow the minimalist spigot. Based upon "...the FIRST new accessory item..."

Reactions: splash77
Yes that is a pretty recent development. Also for those who may have missed it, we started selling the Whiskey-3 with the Enclosed Forend so if you like that setup you can save some money.
Thank you,
Justin
Not in the market for one now, but just curious where on the site the W-3 with Enclosed Forend is located? I'm seeing the Competition setup, but not the enclosed one.

Not in the market for one now, but just curious where on the site the W-3 with Enclosed Forend is located? I'm seeing the Competition setup, but not the enclosed one.
Go to the Whiskey-3 page and select on the drop down menu where you select Rem, Tikka, Sako, or Badger, SA, or LA it also has with, or without enclosed forend.

Reactions: IowaGeologist
I would like to see some sort of mirage shield that attaches to the spigot mount, an option other than just trying to use the NV mount for something it wasn't really designed for, or using an enclosed forend for the Bravo because the forend doesn't allow use of the T-slot weight.

I would like to see some sort of mirage shield that attaches to the spigot mount, an option other than just trying to use the NV mount for something it wasn't really designed for, or using an enclosed forend for the Bravo because the forend doesn't allow use of the T-slot weight.

I'd just get a carbon tube, chop it to fit, and graft it to a picatinny mount to attach to the bridge.

I don't think they made a big announcement, but KRG has started selling a Whiskey-3 Comp chassis, with the aluminum arca forend and arca spigot. It's a nice discount over buying a W3 and adding those parts yourself:

CMP-WX3-BLK-01.jpg

Needs a magwell/barricade stop so you don't push into the mag and cause feeding problems if it's going to be a competition chassis.

I'd just get a carbon tube, chop it to fit, and graft it to a Picatinny mount to attach to the bridge.
I've thought about that, however by the time you attach a Picatinny mount on which you have your carbon tube mounted to the bridge you've got the contraption well protruding into your sight picture, it would have to be a plain cover over the spigot mount extending to the front without the NV Pic rail. If KRG came up with one of their elegant solutions for this problem I bet there would be willing buyers like me.

Needs a magwell/barricade stop so you don't push into the mag and cause feeding problems if it's going to be a competition chassis.
KRG already has you covered ARCA rail already on board, all you need is their ARCA clamp and your choice of their barricade stops. The one on my Bravo in the picture is the heavy barricade stop, which I've got mounted in combo with the T-slot forend.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 140
Moves the balance point farther back that way
Slide it anywhere you want it to get perfect balance and prevent barricades from impacting your mag. The options for adding and subtracting weight are plenty between heavy LOP spacers, heavy barricade stop, T-slot weight, and with the Whiskey-3s and X-Ray the heavy bag riders. If you don't want a heavy barricade stop get the barrier multi-tool, or the plain barricade stop. If you don't have enough weight with all of this you can do what I do and add balloons of annealed steel shot to the cavities in the buttstock, and, or grip in the Bravo, achieving balance with all these options is easy.

Last edited:

I've considered buying one, and had the same thought. KRG makes a barricade stop that will mount to the chassis directly in front of the magwell:

aa-c02.jpg

The heavy can be mounted the same way, and is about twice as tall, but I'm not crazy about adding a steel weight that close to the mag.

I think a better solution would be to buy the Area419 Arca Barricade stop, since the Arca cut on the KRG forend goes almost to the front of the magwell. It's taller, anout 1 1/8" tall, angled the right direction, and has enough texture that it won't slip:

iu

IMG_20180816_170352.jpg

At least, that's what I'd do (and likely will).