• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Habu 6.5 CM Project Rifle

MSTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
mstn.biz
KRG Habu - Got it.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/krghabu\/huge\/IMG_6329.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/krghabu\/huge\/IMG_6330.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/krghabu\/huge\/IMG_6331.jpg"}[/IMG2]

PROOF Research 24" Sendero Light 24" CFW barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor - check.

Surgeon 591 R small firing pin version - Got it, too. Off to Ionbond for DLC coating. Back from Ionbond.

Everything off to Tim "Moon" Roberts at Crescent Custom some months back. Should be here soon .....

......................................................... I......... hate....... you...........................
But seriously, when I first joined the scout hide a couple years ago this was my dream chassis. I was dead set on saving up for this bad boy until I came to realize it just wasn't economically feasible for me.
Please post when it's completed! That thing is a gorgeous work of art.
I still wish KRG would make an aluminum version of this chassis, so the price would come down. All that magnesium and titanium makes this beast a true unicorn!

That Tungsten or Grey/Sniper Grey finish?

Last edited:
KRG makes excellent products I can only imagine what this chassis will be like to shoot

I don't know what that stock feels like to hold (high spots, sharp corners, little individual preferences) - but that looks like a really comfortable and well thought out stock. I love the trapezoidal HG. What does the bottom of the HG look like - is it slick, textured, or cluttered with rails?

Form follows function - and whoever made that, knows how to function.

Looking forward to seeing it up and running.

This is definitely a build to follow. Please keep updating as things progress. That chassis is unobtanium for most of us; gorgeous though.

Showed up today from Crescent Customs. Moon did his usual exemplary work. I could not be happier.

Here are a couple of quick photos:

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

The rifle as pictured weighs 8 LB 13 OZ. The rifle actually feels much lighter than that in the hands. The Ionbond DLC coated Surgeon 591 action is incredibly smooth, smoother ALREADY than my 2008-vinatge Surgeon 591 with thousands of rounds through it. The Jewell trigger is, well, a typical Jewell trigger, breaking at a perfectly crisp 1.5 LB. The short round bolt knob from Surgeon is an experiment. I also have the longer Surgeon "tactical" bolt knob I plan to try.

Holy crap is that beautiful! Congrats, sick build.

What are are your plans for the scope and mount/rings?

Can't wait to hear more, see more pics, and see how it shoots!

Kahles K624i
Spuhr SP-4001
LRA Ultralight bipod
Thunder Beast Ultra 7 in .262

Damn, all amazing stuff right there. Although I'm a bit surprised you're not going with rings considering how "heavy" Spuhr mounts are hehe. I guess when your rifle is sub-9 pounds you can afford the 8oz of a Spuhr!

Damn, all amazing stuff right there. Although I'm a bit surprised you're not going with rings considering how "heavy" Spuhr mounts are hehe. I guess when your rifle is sub-9 pounds you can afford the 8oz of a Spuhr!

Good observation. This rifle is light enough already.

The scope mount is typically the weakest link, IMO, in the precision rifle system. I've got too much invested in this project to take a chance with anything but a Spuhr mount.

I want to eventually get a Trijicon RMR to add to the Spuhr mount. Mounting the RMR will be a piece of cake with the Spuhr ISMS accessories.

Roger that. As much as I'm tempted by the cheaper price or lighter weight of rings, I have a Spuhr mount on my AX and wouldn't have it any other way. Hell, the whole thing weighs 18+ pounds with the Razor Gen2, so at that point who cares about an extra couple ounces on the mount? :)

I am cussing and chewing my finger off right now. I want your gun man...

While I change my pants, finish er' up and give us a range report!

Damn that's all I can say love the look of that one!

So hypothetically, what's your address and when do you think your home will be empty for several consecutive hours? I'm uh....I'm doing a study. For science. ;)

Dammit that thing is SHARP!!! It looks like it belongs in a museum, behind glass and velvet ropes!

Nice rig op! The Ferrari of chassis for sure. You must have definitely been inspired by the pics on their website, since it looks to be a clone, down to the Kahles scope and spuhr mount.

Looks like it's going to be a shooter. Here are shots 3 through 7 (five total), through the barrel, at 100 yards, with Prime 130's. Shot 3 is the one outside the group. Still under 1/2".

IMG_3832.jpg

I was almost hoping it would shoot 3 inch groups at 100 yards so I wouldn't be so damn jealous! Great... Thanks alot.
Nice gun good sir, you've officially won my vote for sickest rig on the net! I hope you have a blast with that thing! It deserves to be out there and used as much as you possibly can!