• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing KRG /TL2 Triggerguard screws??

BrushBuster1

Okie
Minuteman
  • Jan 27, 2011
    El Reno ok
    Bought a used whiskey 3 and put my TL2 in it, the problem is the action screws are too short so I bought a longer front screw from the hardware store and put 2 washers in it to keep bolthead from catching but the screwhead protrudes which is not a huge problem. With the rear screw in I can not run the safety it’s stuck in the fire position and mags are a bitch to seat. Are there a set of screws available that are a correct fit? What else can I look at to solve the issues?

McMaster-Carr carries about every fastener known to man. But why not just trim off a few threads with a dremel? Don't rely on washers. The safety sounds like a clearance problem with the W3's backbone. I've had to remove a small amount of aluminum on my KRG chassis's to provide sufficient clearance for the safety. It's not uncommon and an easy fix with a rotary tool.

I figured a little Dremel work would solve the safety issue. I hadn’t thought about cutting a few threads off. I’ll give that a shot first and take a look at the website. Thank you @Praeger