• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Trigger for Tikka

SWWI Shooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
I have seen rumblings about a KRG Mitas trigger for the Tikka T3x that has the safety lever in the trigger guard instead of on top but I can't seem to find any pictures or details. Did I misunderstand what was being said or do they make that?

Option for top or bottom mounted
I saw that and an option to purchase but they have 5 pictures of the top mount safety but none of the bottom mounted. Very unusual for KRG. I can't find any pictures anywhere (in the limited searches I did) which lead me to think maybe I was miss understanding what they were offering.

Have a scroll thru the Sotic Rifle pics and you’ll get the general idea. Trigger is the same except for a bracket that positions the safety down below with a vertical tab and a flat plastic button obviously forward of the trigger. I’ll get a pic for you ASAP.
I have a current gen W3 chassis for my T3 and the Midas trigger wth bottom mount safety. Just need the action back fm DLC.

Have a scroll thru the Sotic Rifle pics and you’ll get the general idea. Trigger is the same except for a bracket that positions the safety down below with a vertical tab and a flat plastic button obviously forward of the trigger. I’ll get a pic for you ASAP.
I have a current gen W3 chassis for my T3 and the Midas trigger wth bottom mount safety. Just need the action back fm DLC.
Thanks. That brings up my next question; how do you like the bottom mounted safety? It seems ideal for a chassis where your hand is farther from a top safety but since they aren't more popular, what am I missing?

The bottom mount safety is pretty new and we're going through our website pics and redoing them so we just haven't got to that one yet. It is indeed very similar to the SOTIC trigger as mentioned above.
Thank you.
Justin

@Massoud how low can the second stage be set on the Midas? I'll be doing bench shooting and varmint with a new T3x Varmint that I plan to put into a Bravo. Can I get 8ozs for bench?

The bottom mount safety is pretty new and we're going through our website pics and redoing them so we just haven't got to that one yet. It is indeed very similar to the SOTIC trigger as mentioned above.
Thank you.
Justin
Thank you. I like my factory trigger with aftermarket spring but the bottom safety may well push me over the edge towards buying a new trigger. It just appears to be more user friendly with a chassis or Bravo stock as you don't need to move your hand from the shooting position to manipulate the safety. Also, a bigger bolt handle would be more practical as you wouldn't need to reach around it to move the safety. Since it's a new product, are you offering any discounts ? :) Will that trigger will just be a 'drop in' on a Bravo stock (new in 2019)?

Here is the KRG Midas BTm Sfty trigger. Pic position is safety engaged. A gentle push and your ready to R&R!
I’ve not completed my KRG /T3 build however I’ve adapted an AtlasWorks BM in a German Gunstock Ranger and fitted a TRG trigger with the Bottom safety. I prefer the ergos of the bottom safety vs the top. Personal choice.
Edit to add all my T3’s have a Sterk bolt handle.

Attachments

• E15E7E4B-352E-4B3B-B5D1-5CEE13E90F3B.jpeg
    E15E7E4B-352E-4B3B-B5D1-5CEE13E90F3B.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
@Massoud how low can the second stage be set on the Midas? I'll be doing bench shooting and varmint with a new T3x Varmint that I plan to put into a Bravo. Can I get 8ozs for bench?

Because of liability reasons we can only say to not take it under 2.5lbs. A qualified gunsmith may be able to tune and tweak to your liking and we have a diagram that is available to him/her. Sorry for the lack of info but our hands are tied on this one. Thank you,
Justin

Because of liability reasons we can only say to not take it under 2.5lbs. A qualified gunsmith may be able to tune and tweak to your liking and we have a diagram that is available to him/her. Sorry for the lack of info but our hands are tied on this one. Thank you,
Justin
Understood, will it give my Calvin Elite Custom a run for it's money? :sneaky:

Last edited:
I have CE on a Origin, and if that is an accurate comparison, then yes, the Midas will give it a run for its money.

Reactions: Massoud and Sieg
Justin
@Massoud is the diagram you refer to the one in the manual as published on the KRG website?

And am I correct to interpret your answer as 2.5lbs for both the first and second stage, or both stages combined?

Last edited:
@M289 , did you get a diagram for the extra trigger adjustments? If so can you share or send me? Thank you
Sorry, I got nothing.

But my Midas trigger that I just received was out of the box about 800 to 820 grams (1 lb. 12 oz to 1lb 13 oz) for both stages combined.
The feeling was great, only downside was that the trigger shoe failed to stay in place due to a problem with the clamping mechanism/screw.

KRG solved that by sending me a new trigger shoe on the spot, currently waiting for that to arrive.
The new Midas trigger shoe is a world of difference compared to the old design. Much improved and great service from KRG!

Last edited: