• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG W-3 - replacement grip panels?

DJL2

Tiger 33A
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
OCONUS - Land of Kimchi
It occurs to me that if I had a 3D printer, it would be pretty easy to make whatever replacement grip panels I wanted for the W-3 since they just bolt on. I would guess no one is doing it en masse because there just isn't a large enough market for it. However, if anyone is experimenting with such, that person is likely to be found here (or known here), so I thought I would ask - anyone done 3rd party panels or seen any in the wild?

I recently swapped back to the original butt end for my W-3. I had a Bravo rear on it for a while and liked it... but, I just couldn't get reliably where I wanted to be from a trigger engagement standpoint. The W-3 is substantially better for me in that regard, but is still not perfect. I can about get to 90 deg on my trigger finger if I grasp with my pinky and ring finger and float my middle finger a bit. Maybe with enough reps, it'll feel natural... but, better still would be a grip that allowed me to engage it fully and just be in the right spot.

I have plans on doing something, have just not had time enough to spare (and the large grip fits me perfectly so I really have no need).

I haven't seen anyone else doing anything either...

Reactions: DJL2
I have found the large panels to help to some degree, but still not ideal. The distance from the front of the grip to the trigger is really the only issue I have with both the w3 and X-ray. That said, if you do make panels that decrease the distance to the trigger, take into consideration the placement of the thumb shelf as well. If moving the whole hand forward, you may want to move the thumb shelf forward the same amount.

Reactions: DJL2