• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

mm509

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Naches, Washington
I recently got my KRG Whiskey 3 chassis. I absolutely love it!! I recieved mine 2 weeks before a competition and did fairly well at the comp with it (really well for me).

I was instantly comfortable with my chassis, even though I said I would <span style="font-weight: bold"> NEVER</span> get a chassis, because I just didn't like anything on the market. I handled one of the Magpul Dynamics guys at a competition one day and thought, hell that isn't that bad.

I am just curious to see who and how many people out there are running these bad ass chassis's on their rifles. Here are some pics of mine.
d1dd3738.jpg

a5882da6.jpg

ec93e829.jpg

9e8d9bc4.jpg

af3b7443.jpg

Re: KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Really sharp looking rifle! If you wouldn't mind, any particular things you dislike about the chassis setup? I've been racking my brain which setup to go with and I think chassis wise its going to either this or an AI ax.. just trying to sift through all the information I can read. Thanks

I think this chassis looks great and have been thinking about getting one. Where can you get one?

jswhite - I can honestly say, there is nothing that I really do not like about these chassis's. The gunsmith and I tried to add a lighten it a little more, but Kinetic Research Group, really left nothing extra to remove. As far as this versus an AIAX chassis, that is all personal preference. I really like the Whiskey 3 over the AX-the W3 has a thumb shelf, balances extremely well, insanely fast adjustment, there really is nothing to not like.

ezed - you can order direct through KRG website, or call
Trigger Time Gunclub in Colorado. If you call Trigger Time ask for Zak and tell them Matt in Washington told you to call.

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

Tikka action, Krieger heavy, Palma SS tube 6.5X47

IMG_0220.jpg
00 yard 5 shot group

300 yard 5 shot group
best300yds.jpg

Reactions: desert_impact

I currently have a McMillan A2 stock.

Question: Is a chassis system better? I ask becuase I'm considering this chassis or the AICS 2.0. curious

Thanks for your help/advice

This is by far the best looking chassis system on the market. I'm thinking I may have to get one.

That's not a rifle, thats a prize possession. nice stick!

-Paulus

I am now about to get a second KRG stock for my 260 Chanlynn build. I've have owned nearly every kind of chassis out there and the Whiskey-3 is epic. The quality is top notch and the ergo's are fantastic. It harkens to the Sako TRG which is such an ergonomically pleasing rifle to shoot, and I believe Justin shot the TRG a fair amount in the service - so he wanted to make something similar available for other actions.

You cannot get a better chassis. There may be different ergo's and features on other systems that you prefer, but the overall quality and thoughtfulness of the KRG is top tier.

I'd post some pics, but you know what it looks like - awesome!

Damn BgBmBoo, I dig that setup.

Not the full chassis but KRG nonetheless!
DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

I recently bought one for the Badger M2008 action from Marty at Badger. I wasnt sure I was going to like it, but its growing on me. I own several Manners T4A's and T2A's, and have one ordered for the M2008 but it'll be a few weeks and I didnt want to wait to shoot it. I hope its as good as everyone says it is.

Bill

Reactions: TacT-MecH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope its as good as everyone says it is.

Bill</div></div>

They are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Question: Is a chassis system better? I ask becuase I'm considering this chassis or the AICS 2.0. curious

</div></div>

That is a matter of personal preference. For me, the AICS chassis's dont fit very well. The KRG was perfect as soon as I climbed behind Hunter121's 1 week before I ordered mine. I am a firm believer in having a "rifle that fits me" not me having to fit to my rifle.

If you have some big fat meat hooks, then I think the Whiskey-3 will fit you better.

If you like thumbholes, then the AICS is a good option.

They are different means to a similar end. The grip on the Whiskey-3 is very nice and well suited to larger hands.

I've watched mm509 shoot his chassis more than once. He can sure drive it. The chassis is really well done from top to bottom. If I hadn't just picked up a Sentinel stock, I'd be running a W3. I'll still probably build on one at some point. KRG got it right.

Only two pictures I got of mine, I have been searching for a nice stock that fits me for what seems to be forever. Tried everything under the sun....and finally found one that just works. As soon as the LA comes out I will be buying two more.

Hunter121 congrats on finding your nirvana. It really does change everything.

These look like great rigs. Well thought out, adjustable, a nice design.

I'm thinking a short barreled 308 like 18" with a compact suppressor and this chassis would be easy for anyone to justify -- %$&# I think I just did
smile.gif

What barrel contour would give good balance with an 18" barrel + suppressor? I'd want something stout, but not too nose heavy. Maybe a 40mm scope, nothing big. That would be a sweet compact rig.

mkollman, thanks for the compliment. It is a great feeling when your kit fits EXACTLY how YOU want it. That is when it makes it easy to drive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter121</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Oooh the machine that sold me ^^^

Glad you made it to the party Hunter!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking a short barreled 308 like 18" with a compact suppressor and this chassis would be easy for anyone to justify -- %$&# I think I just did
smile.gif
</div></div>

jAX, I will be shooting with HSSS tomorrow. He in fact has an 18" barrel in the W3. It is a Remington 700P taper (whatever that is). I will make sure and get some pics and post them in here tomorrow night.

Awesome I hope you get some pics.

The only configuration that might look weird would be some kind of 29" barrel F Class rig.

jAX, as promised, pics

3c1a2d20.jpg

d9ea7047.jpg

70540935.jpg

905b9a8e.jpg

Mine is the one with the big Leupold. It is a 22" AMU.

JD's is the other one, it has the standard leupy mk4. It is a rem 700p taper and it is 18".

I don't suppose anyone on the hide would sell me their old Sako TRG42 stock. I just ruined mine by baking it as I was told by KG that Sako stocks would take the heat. The front piece doesn't seem to have any cracks in it, but the pistol grip piece has multiple cracks. I'm pretty sick knowing that my stock is ruined. If you have one that you wouldn't mind parting with...Please email or PM me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aubie515</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose anyone on the hide would sell me their old Sako TRG42 stock. I just ruined mine by baking it as I was told by KG that Sako stocks would take the heat. The front piece doesn't seem to have any cracks in it, but the pistol grip piece has multiple cracks. I'm pretty sick knowing that my stock is ruined. If you have one that you wouldn't mind parting with...Please email or PM me.</div></div>

PM Sent

Thanks for the pictures. Both rigs look great. The 18" barrel is a nice fit visually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

JD's is the other one, it has the standard leupy mk4. It is a rem 700p taper and it is 18". </div></div>

That 18" is more than a looker. I was getting done at 1050 today with mm509.

Patrick- Thanks man.

Today was a blast to shoot in. We were making hits at 1050 yards today, in the 20-30mph wind.

Can't wait for next weekend, Ted from American Rifle Company is heading this way to shoot with us poor folk. He was talking about wanting to shoot to 1400 yards, looks like we are heading to the 1 mile range.

I have a KRG folder for the TRG that unfortunately I cannot keep so PM me if interested.

Might KRG be making a run of these stocks in colors other than Black?

I'm waiting for the long action as well. I LOVE that chassis, but I want it for a .300wm build.

I REALLY want one of these! Just looking at it I know it'd fit like a glove. Something else to add to the long list...

This has been my favorite chassis hands down. Would love to see it offered in a 700-LA model.

Please no more pictures.

We are not allowed to have this stock in Australia. Customs will not let in folding stocks (even though they are legal in the state i live as long as a minimum overall length is maintained) and the fixed version of this stock could possibly become folding in some magical way.

Not bloody fair!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Grif</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please no more pictures.

We are not allowed to have this stock in Australia. Customs will not let in folding stocks (even though they are legal in the state i live as long as a minimum overall length is maintained) and the fixed version of this stock could possibly become folding in some magical way.

Not bloody fair! </div></div>

Yeah those folding stocks have been killing civilians for millenia - they are an obvious threat to civilized society.....lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator74656</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
6956601844_5a1e3d05dc_c.jpg

6956601254_2c89aab6ef_c.jpg
</div></div>

What. Is. That.(besides gorgeous)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator74656</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

What. Is. That.(besides gorgeous) </div></div>

Sako trg 22 with KRG folding stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator74656</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Very nice stick.

Absolutly beatifull stock's.
Looks like a very nice piece of machinerie
To bad they don't export them to the netherlands, i would buy 1 in a hart beat.

ronald

I was looking at a manners and AI stock with different skins, but this is exactly what I have been looking for. This will be my next purchase after a SS5-20 scope. I want more pics and different colors.

After seeing a W3 on a TRG, I wish the forend on the Remington and Tikka models could look the same with the bowed mag well and beveling at the waistline. Looks much better than the factory TRG folder.

Been looking into getting a KRG folder... any approximate weight on these rifles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jAX, as promised, pics

3c1a2d20.jpg

d9ea7047.jpg

70540935.jpg

905b9a8e.jpg

JD's is the other one, it has the standard leupy mk4. It is a rem 700p taper and it is 18". </div></div>

What did you use to wrap your cheek pad with? Nice looking rigs!

Would you guys be interested in a mount to use the grippy Victor Co AICS cheekpiece on the Whiskey-3? Thanks,
Justin

trust me its a great upgrade i did that to mine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you guys be interested in a mount to use the grippy Victor Co AICS cheekpiece on the Whiskey-3? Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

YES!

Bill