• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Enclosed Forend vs spigot

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    My Krg W3 Folder (Tikka) is going to be here tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone is running KRG's new enclosed forend? My only gripe about the W3 is I like a little longer forend for support, which the enclosed has. I am torn between ordering a spigot mount or the enclosed forend, since there is only $100 difference. Any recommendations is appreciated.

I dont have experience with the stock in question but if the spigot is cheaper then go that route. Inclosed forends on a bolt action are a pain in the ass and unnecessary unless you need it for nightvision or something to that extent. They make for higher scope mounting and more work if you need to seperate barrelled action for cleaning for wheN your rifle gets wet or muddy.

Yea I agree. One nice thing they did was cut out for the scope, to eliminate the need for high scope mount. I am leaning more towards their spigot mount.

Not needing a higher scope mount with the enclosed forend is not 100% true. There are some scopes out there that will interfere with the enclosed fore end. There are some scopes out there that are too long to get around not needing the extra high rings. I tried the forend on another build and my Minox Zp5 5-25 in ARC mediums interfered with the NV bridge.

I bought mine for a switch barrel build and assumed by their design I wouldn't have to remove the eight screws that hold the forend on every time I wanted to remove my BA to swap a barrel but you do.

Exactly
    Not needing a higher scope mount with the enclosed forend is not 100% true. There are some scopes out there that will interfere with the enclosed fore end. There are some scopes out there that are too long to get around not needing the extra high rings. I tried the forend on another build and my Minox Zp5 5-25 in ARC mediums interfered with the NV bridge.

I bought mine for a switch barrel build and assumed by their design I wouldn't have to remove the eight screws that hold the forend on every time I wanted to remove my BA to swap a barrel but you do.
    My point exactly. Enclosed forends are for looks. Gimmicky for the AR guys.