• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Owners

-Time-

Mediocre Marksman
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Can someone with a rifle in a folding R700 short action chassis measure folded and unfolded length, and post barrel length?

I’m building a 24” 6.5 Creed, and I’m trying to figure out how small of a pelican case I can fit it into.

Thanks!

I got mine into a 1720 with a 26" barrel + apa LB. And there's room to spare as well.

19” barrel with a PVA Jet Blast. 32” folded and about 42” unfolded with no LOP.
So I’m looking at about 36” folded, 46” unfolded no LOP with a 24” barrel and a Q cherrybomb. Thanks guys!! A 1720 should be about perfect.

So I’m looking at about 36” folded, 46” unfolded no LOP with a 24” barrel and a Q cherrybomb. Thanks guys!! A 1720 should be about perfect.

I don't know how big the Q cherry bomb is but I'd say that's close enough. I just roughly measured my long action with a 24" bbl with a PVA Jet Blast in a Whiskey 3 folder and it was just an inch longer than your measurements.

Last edited:
I don't know how big the Q cherry bomb is but I'd say that's close enough. I just roughly measured my long action with a 24" bbl with a PVA Jet Blast in a Whiskey 3 folder and it was just an inch longer than your measurements.
That’s spot on with my guesstimates. I had 2.4” for the PVA, and 1.6” for the Q, minus 0.8” for threads on both.